The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Rona Dont Touch Me GIF

Songbird76

I don’t really care for CFA or Kentucky Fried chicken, both make me feel sick to my stomach afterwards. I do like Popeyes chicken though, it has a nice spice to it.
I had never even heard of Popeyes until a year or so ago. I've never had it. I LOVE KFC though...the closest one to us is in Arnhem, though, so we don't get it often. I'm so sad they don't have the sides here like they do in the US. You can only get corn on the cob, coleslaw, or fries. Their fries are AWFUL, I don't like coleslaw, so corn it is. For a while last year they had mashed potatoes and gravy, but they discontinued it after a month or two, so I can't get that anymore. I like the buffet ones in the US where they have mac n cheese, green beans, biscuits, etc...you can get whatever you want.

I have only eaten at CFA twice that I can remember...once in high school on a speech and debate trip, and then once in college when my brother and a friend of ours and I were judging a speech tournament and a blizzard hit and we were snowed in in Cheyenne. If I remember correctly that was the only place in the mall that was still open and would take a check or something? I remember we hadn't planned on staying overnight because it's only an hour from Laramie to Cheyenne, so we were just going to judge for the day, make some money, and then drive home, but while we were judging rounds, the storm hit and the road was closed. The tournament organizers gave us our paychecks, but it was a weekend and the banks were closed, so we couldn't cash the checks. That was the only money we had because we hadn't planned on staying there. And no one would cash a check for us, etc. I don't really remember the chicken at all....I only remember they didn't have regular fries, only waffle fries, which are nasty. I have never been a fan of waffle fries. ..they always taste burnt to me. I remember one of those two times, the kids meal came with a little golden book. That is the extent of my memory of CFA.

Goofyernmost

Just out of curiosity, considering your life style, why is Monday any different from any other day of the week? As a retired person, it is very hard to know one day from the other unless I have a Doctors appointment lets say on a Tuesday. Then I have to know when Tuesday is otherwise they are all the same to me.

Songbird76

We decorated gingerbread houses today! We bought a kit in clearance after Christmas last year so it was really cheap and a fun activity. We never planned to eat them so expiration dates didn’t matter.

anyway here they are. The kit came with four houses so we each did two. Please vote on which set of two you like best!

View attachment 517565View attachment 517566

Here is the picture of all four.
View attachment 517567View attachment 517568View attachment 517569
I like all the holly leaves on the triangle house and the walkway of the other one in that set. So that's my pick!

93boomer

Premium Member
Mom has NOOOOO sense of direction. Her friend's car won't start and she wanted me to go look at it. 1 it's closer to her than me by about an hour. 2 it's in an area we can't travel to and 3 he has AAA:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: She has his card why who knows:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
It must have been the weekend for car problems!!
Hubby’s Dad calls yesterday - says he is in trouble. (Everything is trouble these days according to him.) His car keys are stuck in the car and he can’t get them out. But, he can’t explain how they are stuck. ( he is 90 and mind is going) It takes us about 30 mts to get there so hubby calls a neighbor. 1 FIL doesn’t need to be driving at his age 2 he lied to hubby saying his Mom needed groceries so needed the car 3 hubby talked to Mom and she said she wasn’t out of anything 4 waited until 3:00 when he knew it all day🤦🏻‍♀️ Neighbor called and FIL had turned the front wheels so the key wouldn’t come out plus left the lights on. The groceries that were important—he ran out of snuff😡

Songbird76

It must have been the weekend for car problems!!
Hubby’s Dad calls yesterday - says he is in trouble. (Everything is trouble these days according to him.) His car keys are stuck in the car and he can’t get them out. But, he can’t explain how they are stuck. ( he is 90 and mind is going) It takes us about 30 mts to get there so hubby calls a neighbor. 1 FIL doesn’t need to be driving at his age 2 he lied to hubby saying his Mom needed groceries so needed the car 3 hubby talked to Mom and she said she wasn’t out of anything 4 waited until 3:00 when he knew it all day🤦🏻‍♀️ Neighbor called and FIL had turned the front wheels so the key wouldn’t come out plus left the lights on. The groceries that were important—he ran out of snuff😡
How does turning the wheels affect the key? So the neighbor got it all fixed so you didn't have to go over there? Nice that they have good neighbors to help!!

Songbird76

I made some tree ornaments for one of my high school classmates who wanted a fantasy themed tree with things like faeries and dragons, but couldn't find anything. They aren't faeries, but fairy-ish, and I figured if they don't make it on time, she can always hang them on a door handle, or the corner of a picture frame, or the rear view mirror of her car, etc.

129650728_142361617339566_1663405953495153640_n.jpg129757224_4753068481431129_4612156674216453212_n.jpg130049856_677890526228981_7830067398767804904_n.jpg

MouseDreaming

It's been snowing heavily for the past 2 hours -- very excited!!! Last storm report I saw (before our satellite went out in the storm) was that we're getting 6-10 inches in my area! ❤️ Woo hoo!!! I know that @Ken Adams would be thrilled for me! :cool:
When I saw the forecast, I knew you would be super excited! Very happy for you. And, the snow missed here, again. It is feeling kind of strange. We are so close to Christmas, and no snow covering my brown lawn. Happy about the warm up coming our way, though.

MouseDreaming

We decorated gingerbread houses today! We bought a kit in clearance after Christmas last year so it was really cheap and a fun activity. We never planned to eat them so expiration dates didn’t matter.

anyway here they are. The kit came with four houses so we each did two. Please vote on which set of two you like best!

View attachment 517565View attachment 517566

Here is the picture of all four.
View attachment 517567View attachment 517568View attachment 517569
I vote for the second group.

MouseDreaming

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just out of curiosity, considering your life style, why is Monday any different from any other day of the week? As a retired person, it is very hard to know one day from the other unless I have a Doctors appointment lets say on a Tuesday. Then I have to know when Tuesday is otherwise they are all the same to me.
Monday is the day I need to cook and clean the most because that's just the way my life works:banghead: It's also the day James has Japanese so I hear swearing in 2 languages;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom