The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

I've always eaten my cereal dry due to milk issues, my older ds eats his dry because I do(he has no issues with dairy) and my younger ds was born after it was easier to find milk alternatives for him so he likes cereal with fruit and "milk" edit I haven't had cereal in forever because I'm not a breakfast person

It's a texture issue for me. I hate soggy cereal. But all I eat is Kashi cereal anyway. The cereal we had as kids I didn't have a lot. Mostly Frosted Flakes, Golden Grahams and Cheerios Honey Nut. As far as I remember, I never had Lucky Charms, Capt'n Crunch or anything like that.

Goofyernmost

It's a texture issue for me. I hate soggy cereal. But all I eat is Kashi cereal anyway. The cereal we had as kids I didn't have a lot. Mostly Frosted Flakes, Golden Grahams and Cheerios Honey Nut. As far as I remember, I never had Lucky Charms, Capt'n Crunch or anything like that.
My mother always said I was special. I was never able to understand why people wanted cereal to be "crunchy". I did not and still do not eat any unless it is completely saturated and mushy. One of the many reasons why I could never eat Grape Nuts because I just didn't have the time to wait for it to soften up.

As I think about that, I was probably taught that by my Mother. She had all her teeth, hardly used, when she passed away at 87 years old. She always cut the crusts off the bread, cooked vegetables until they were fork tender, especially things like broccoli or cauliflower. Those things I don't mind being a little crisper.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Not according the ferret
who is that alicia keys GIF by iHeartRadio

Songbird76

I've always eaten my cereal dry due to milk issues, my older ds eats his dry because I do(he has no issues with dairy) and my younger ds was born after it was easier to find milk alternatives for him so he likes cereal with fruit and "milk" edit I haven't had cereal in forever because I'm not a breakfast person
I figured you didn't eat cereal because of the whole gluten thing. I eat yoghurt with oats for breakfast. I got a box of Grapenuts when I ordered my stuffing and such, and I ate the yoghurt with some grapenuts until the grapenuts were gone. Now I'm back to oats, but it was nice to have a change for a little while.

donaldtoo

RANT --

So I saw on the news last night, that freaking AppleTV BOUGHT the rights to show 3 classic movies-- Charlie Brown Halloween, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and Charlie Brown Christmas.

For FIFTY-FIVE YEARS, those movies have shown on regular network TV (no cable, satellite, Roku or other gadgets needed), so that ALL people could enjoy watching these entertaining classics. So now, the only way to see those 3 movies is to get a Roku or whatever other thing, or subscribe to AppleTV service, to see them! :jawdrop: Are you kidding me??!!

Now, as a "gesture" AppleTV is allowing a "select"(?) number of the presentation times to be viewed for free, without actually subscribing -- BUT, it still means that you'd have to buy a Roku stick or other way to access AppleTV.

This absolutely sucks and is very unfair to people, especially NOW with the pandemic -- with so many out of work. Many people are in food lines, for heaven's sake. I'm just beside myself over this. (It's not that I, personally, couldn't buy a DVD of the movies on my own, but I'm mad about the principle of this mess. If individuals and/or families ever needed uplifting TV movies during 2020, it's now, and should be accessed free and easily -- as done in the past 55 years!!) :banghead:

I grew up with all 3 of those specials on network TV. Funny though, the Christmas special first aired in ‘65, the Halloween special in ‘66, but, the Thanksgiving special didn’t first air ‘til ‘73.
I coulda’ swore it was about the same time as the others... :cyclops:
Anyway, makes me a bit sad, too... :(

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I’ve been getting a kick out of the Unofficial new photo op wall in the world showcase. The replies to the post are a much needed bit of levity

Italy

FD052FCF-4556-4365-BB19-85A20336CD39.png

If you replace the M In Hidden Mickey with another letter that rhymes with Mickey. It is what the photo op is dubbed 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom