The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
People still talk about him. They're like Subway is going to help me loss weight and then they order a footlong with chips and a soda :hilarious:

Even some of the small 6 inch sandwiches are enough for a small meal. 350 or more calories for most of them.
Hence why when I go to Subway I get the six inch sub and that's it. I keep bottled water, coke zero, and bottles tea in the car. I snack in between classes so a small meal is good

But still, I'm not naive. I don't think going to Subway is going to help me lose weight. It's just a cheap meal that's better (and faster) than campus food on the main campus.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
@StarWarsGirl95

Apple finally emailed me. Did they help, no! All they did was tell me to do what I have already done and what I told them I did. Idiots.
Try the live chat feature. Tell them exactly what you've done and let them help you from there. I had an issue with my iTunes account, and they were extremely helpful.

And remember, they are not real geniuses

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I would be devastated if Blue Bell didn't recover. According to Wikipedia (yeah I know) Blue Bell is the third highest-selling ice cream brand in the United States even though it's mostly only sold in the South. People around here are pretty loyal to the brand. I refuse to buy any other brand of ice cream. I guess I won't be having any ice cream for a while. This is really depressing me. :(

Blue Bell has also always had the best commercials. There commercial and song always take me back to my childhood and give me a warm fuzzing feeling.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Blue Bell forever!

donaldtoo

W....T.....F? o_Oo_Oo_O

If you think the cruise was fake, here's a picture of my Room key ID. :bored: My name is covered by the paper.

View attachment 90570

Oh my.
I'm 99.9999999% sure you misunderstood his post.
Pretty darn sure he was just tryin' to say how much he, and the rest of us, enjoyed your cruise TR, and now that your done with the real one, make some up for us to keep us entertained.
I wouldn't have liked his post if I thought otherwise. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Once you have children, your sleep cycle is never again the same for the rest of your entire life, no matter where they live. Not a complaint, just a fact. ;) :)

Ha! It's time for me to get off the computer (my time is up anyway). But I just had to tell you that I only quickly glanced at your sleep cycle response above, and I "thought" your first sentence said, "Once you have chicken, your sleep cycle is never again the same for the rest of your entire life . . ." (I thought, I've been eating chicken for years and never had a sleep issue!) :hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
As for Blue Bell ice cream, I've never had it. It "might" be up in my area now, but I never heard of it until recently. Guess I better hold off buying any, until their products are safe again.

According to Blue Bell, the products being recalled are distributed to retail outlets, including food service accounts, convenience stores and supermarkets in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming and international locations.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That was a great review of some of the QS spots. I know what you mean about Earl of Sandwich--dang, they need more seating in that place!!! I also like the Contemporary and Polynesian for a break from the parks for a meal, if I'm over in the MK area. Never knew about breakfast at Sleepy Hollow with waffles, etc.--that sounds like something I'd enjoy. Every trip, I usually stop in at Starring Rolls at DHS for a sammie, but always for a cupcake and coffee!! :hungry:

Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbour House, and the Mara over in AKL are really nice. And a plug for one of my absolute favorites: Picabu (tray service, traditional American fare--nice dinners, too, reasonably priced) at the ground level of the Dolphin. And last but not least, I like Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom. Actually, it's not so much the food (nothing exciting), but I LOVE the interior of that place with the separate dining areas. I think I read, though, that they're going to revamp some of that to a FS (maybe add an upper level for that?). Bums me out; I like it just the way it is.

Thanks! :)

Yes, I read that about Pizzafari and connecting it somewhat to a new table service for the Avatar area. I think it is a well themed and well designed building, I don't care for their food, I'd never pick it over Flame Tree or QS Yak & Yeti and I don't put a lot of hours into AK like I do the MK and Epcot. Funny I never tried Picabu but I will, my DS when he stays at Boardwalk wanders that way. Don't remember which of the sister resorts it is but one has a QS open into the wee hours of the morning so he sometimes heads there.

Eric1955

That was a nice retro commercial. The part that made me laugh was when the kids were out on the lawn, and the boy had a bowl on his head--it looked like the others were giving him a bowl haircut. That actually happened in my family, one summer afternoon. One of my brothers and I were bored, (we were maybe 6-7 yrs. old at the time), so he grabbed one of my mother's cooking bowls and went out to the front lawn, and put it on his head. He held a mirror in one hand, and scissors in the other, and started cutting his hair around the bowl line. But the bowl kept slipping so I offered to cut his hair. Between the two of us kids, we made one awful mess of his haircut! :rolleyes: :p

As for Blue Bell ice cream, I've never had it. It "might" be up in my area now, but I never heard of it until recently. Guess I better hold off buying any, until their products are safe again.

They seem to be taking this very seriously and taking precautions beyond what is necessary. As soon as there product is back on the market I'm gonna buy some.

Goofyernmost

Hence why when I go to Subway I get the six inch sub and that's it. I keep bottled water, coke zero, and bottles tea in the car. I snack in between classes so a small meal is good

But still, I'm not naive. I don't think going to Subway is going to help me lose weight. It's just a cheap meal that's better (and faster) than campus food on the main campus.
If you are a calorie counter they have a menu for lower caloric sandwiches. I used them for a while when I was counting calories. Not every meal, but some of my lunches. I counted calories up until I finally realized that I was eating to my calorie limit. If I had just gone with my appetite, I was actually eating less. I stopped and immediately started to lose weight again. Moderation my friends, that is the key to it. I still might grab a Subway Club off the special menu because I know what the calorie level is, but, I don't write it down anyplace.

My daughter is upset with me because I stopped. She had set it up on my phone to track calories and even linked to my walking app. that automatically reduced my caloric intake based on calories burnt exercising. So what ever I managed to get rid of by exercise, I made up for in the evening by eating up to them.

In case there is any interest... A Five Guys Little Cheeseburger has about the same calories as one of those Subway sandwiches according to my fitness program. If I have to choose... Five Guys will win every time.:)

Goofyernmost

And that is why I do not live in Canada. Or any further north than MD. Even when I was college-hunting, I looked for schools in MD and down south. North is not for me.
There as so many reasons beyond snow (although important) to not live in Canada. For one thing they are far to passive aggressively polite. Plus they spell words funny and say things like "eh" and "aboat". And according to @JenniferS, they all live in Million Dollar Igloos!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
There as so many reasons beyond snow (although important) to not live in Canada. For one thing they are far to passive aggressively polite. Plus they spell words funny and say things like "eh" and "aboat". And according to @JenniferS, they all live in Million Dollar Igloos!
Yeah, but it's Monopoly money millions, so that's about a buck eighty-nine to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom