The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

So, it has been an eventful few days. Our school districts have decided to start remote, until case counts come down. With no in person school, no lunch. Temporary lay off notice for me came the next day. Not a main source of income for us, but nice to have a little "extra". I am actually more upset that no one at the actual school has even sent an email, or reached out to me in anyway. And all of my supervisors keep texting and calling me. I don't have any more info, and all the calls and texts cost me money, that I never thought about before. It ws part of the job, so to speak. Now, it isn't. At first, I felt like I needed to say something to everyone. And then I realized, no one felt the need to say anything to me. So, I guess we will see who is coming back to cover lunch when achool decides to open, again. Not sure I want to hang around and run lunch for them, at this point.

On the bright side, DD was pretty happy when I told her that even though school is at home, I will still get up with her in the morning, and make sure she has breakfast. Her smile made me smile. Really hoping some part of her senior year can be salvaged. And, I just want to add, I do agree with the decisions that are being made, just frustrating. You still have that sense of loss. And wondering about when this will finally turn in a more positive direction.

Thanks, I feel a bit better now. @ajrwdwgirl How about a lot of pictures, so I can feel like I am there, too? And @Mr Ferret 88 , keep your pictures coming, too. DS has been looking at them. He has been dreaming of all the places he is going to go when this is done. 22 with a "travel bug" and can't go anywhere. Makes for a lot of time to write that list.

MySmallWorldof4

So, it has been an eventful few days. Our school districts have decided to start remote, until case counts come down. With no in person school, no lunch. Temporary lay off notice for me came the next day. Not a main source of income for us, but nice to have a little "extra". I am actually more upset that no one at the actual school has even sent an email, or reached out to me in anyway. And all of my supervisors keep texting and calling me. I don't have any more info, and all the calls and texts cost me money, that I never thought about before. It ws part of the job, so to speak. Now, it isn't. At first, I felt like I needed to say something to everyone. And then I realized, no one felt the need to say anything to me. So, I guess we will see who is coming back to cover lunch when achool decides to open, again. Not sure I want to hang around and run lunch for them, at this point.

On the bright side, DD was pretty happy when I told her that even though school is at home, I will still get up with her in the morning, and make sure she has breakfast. Her smile made me smile. Really hoping some part of her senior year can be salvaged. And, I just want to add, I do agree with the decisions that are being made, just frustrating. You still have that sense of loss. And wondering about when this will finally turn in a more positive direction.
My friend is a long term sub and she is basically out of work now.

Tony the Tigger

Did you ever look into the physical therapy options? My pup still limps sometimes especially when she has been lying down for awhile. It takes a long time to heal.

There is a place right by the house and my store. Haven't had a chance to investigate with the hurricane, and wanted to see how things went first. But I'm going to have to make an inquiry asap.
She knows what "Go in the shade" means? Smart pup! Sorry her leg is still giving her an issue. Hopefully just some more time.

She does and she is! (Except when she just puts her head in the shade. 🤪 )
So our adjusted plan is to go to Hilton Head for about a week at the beginning of September and then drive down to WDW for about six days. We're fine about being on Disney property; it's going through airports and all that bothers us. We'll have to see; it's still subject to change. I need a Disney fix, though.
I’m holding 2 September reservations, I held April’s And May‘s for as I could.
Mind game. Reality is there Though. Err

I have no idea what we're doing.

I don't think I can justify park tickets right now. We enjoy a nice resort stay, and it's big time jonesing time, since my bday is coming up at the end of the month, and our anniversary a week later. We also have friends who will be there on our anniversary. We go almost every year at this time.

The variables: Kylie's leg. I'm not dragging her around if she's in bad shape, and would rather not leave her at Best Friend Pet Care like that. We could possibly leave her home with the sitter for an overnight.

Brian just passed his "TEAS" test to get into nursing school. He has secured funding (partly by cashing out from his 401K.) He's just waiting on his background check to come back in about a week, and then school starts on my bday :)bored:) but it's all remote for now.

We have at least $1500 in Disney points, so a quick two or three night trip wouldn't cost much out of pocket at all. (Is V&A open? LOL.) I would love one glorious meal out of it if possible.

If we stay in the cabins (which we had booked last year but changed at the last minute) then Kylie could stay with us without walking all through the Yacht Club or Riverside, we'd be away from possibly asymptomatic carriers in our own private place, and we'd explore new things. Don't know if she'd be comfortable enough for us to leave her and go to dinner - but that's much more likely to work out in a cabin than in a room.

Since first looking into this a week ago, room rates have already inched up a bit. That annoys me. But the FL rate seems to be as high as what the AP rate usually is (we let those expire.)

We also have a decent sized in store event on 8/29. So some things point to better sooner rather than later, some things point to later rather than sooner. It may end up nothing! We'll see.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
There is a place right by the house and my store. Haven't had a chance to investigate with the hurricane, and wanted to see how things went first. But I'm going to have to make an inquiry asap.

She does and she is! (Except when she just puts her head in the shade. 🤪 )

I have no idea what we're doing.

I don't think I can justify park tickets right now. We enjoy a nice resort stay, and it's big time jonesing time, since my bday is coming up at the end of the month, and our anniversary a week later. We also have friends who will be there on our anniversary. We go almost every year at this time.

The variables: Kylie's leg. I'm not dragging her around if she's in bad shape, and would rather not leave her at Best Friend Pet Care like that. We could possibly leave her home with the sitter for an overnight.

Brian just passed his "TEAS" test to get into nursing school. He has secured funding (partly by cashing out from his 401K.) He's just waiting on his background check to come back in about a week, and then school starts on my bday :)bored:) but it's all remote for now.

We have at least $1500 in Disney points, so a quick two or three night trip wouldn't cost much out of pocket at all. (Is V&A open? LOL.) I would love one glorious meal out of it if possible.

If we stay in the cabins (which we had booked last year but changed at the last minute) then Kylie could stay with us without walking all through the Yacht Club or Riverside, we'd be away from possibly asymptomatic carriers in our own private place, and we'd explore new things. Don't know if she'd be comfortable enough for us to leave her and go to dinner - but that's much more likely to work out in a cabin than in a room.

Since first looking into this a week ago, room rates have already inched up a bit. That annoys me. But the FL rate seems to be as high as what the AP rate usually is (we let those expire.)

We also have a decent sized in store event on 8/29. So some things point to better sooner rather than later, some things point to later rather than sooner. It may end up nothing! We'll see.
I am waiting to see how all the AP SHAKES OUT. My pass lets me park hop. Unlimited admission. It is what I purchased. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom