The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, here's my big excitement for today. Our library finally opened (was shut down for Covid restrictions for months . . .). Things are different inside, though. They completely took out the large, front desk librarian reception area. :jawdrop:

Now, they have these freaking kiosks that are used for everything, for touchless use. You scan your library card to read thee online catalog, and also to take out, or return, books and DVDs. Of course, I couldn't scan my card properly, and one of the librarians had to come over and do it for me. (You had to put it in a slanted angle for the stupid beam to connect with it -- I guarantee a lot of people will get stuck on that.)

The funny thing was that their IT guy had to come over and reset all the machines to last a longer time before cancelling out. You see, you have to scan your card and then scan the book to take it out, but since scanning my card took so long (on multiple attempts), the system kept shutting down before I got to scan in my books. :hilarious: He realized he was dealing with lame people like me, so he had to adjust the timing. :p

The thing that really disappointed me was that all my favorite (expensive) business newspapers, journals, etc., and also ALL assorted magazines are GONE. Freaking Covid restrictions. One of the librarians told me they can't sanitize those items, so they had to remove all of them, per state guidelines for libraries. I used to love to sit in the library and read a bunch of those. :( :( Ugh.

So I browsed around some of the stacks, and found a few books to take home.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sorry I haven't been on lately. Survived James birthday, went grocery shopping in footwear that weighs as much as I do, did storm prep including cooking a week's worth of food, charged all the chargers and electronics, got the boys to help me secure all the plants including moving everything off the deck rails, tackled all of mount laundry and managed to watch Frozen 1 and 2. The shopping in heavy footwear is almost impossible!

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, here's my big excitement for today. Our library finally opened (was shut down for Covid restrictions for months . . .). Things are different inside, though. They completely took out the large, front desk librarian reception area. :jawdrop:

Now, they have these freaking kiosks that are used for everything, for touchless use. You scan your library card to read thee online catalog, and also to take out, or return, books and DVDs. Of course, I couldn't scan my card properly, and one of the librarians had to come over and do it for me. (You had to put it in a slanted angle for the stupid beam to connect with it -- I guarantee a lot of people will get stuck on that.)

The funny thing was that their IT guy had to come over and reset all the machines to last a longer time before cancelling out. You see, you have to scan your card and then scan the book to take it out, but since scanning my card took so long (on multiple attempts), the system kept shutting down before I got to scan in my books. :hilarious: He realized he was dealing with lame people like me, so he had to adjust the timing. :p

The thing that really disappointed me was that all my favorite (expensive) business newspapers, journals, etc., and also ALL assorted magazines are GONE. Freaking Covid restrictions. One of the librarians told me they can't sanitize those items, so they had to remove all of them, per state guidelines for libraries. I used to love to sit in the library and read a bunch of those. :( :( Ugh.

So I browsed around some of the stacks, and found a few books to take home.
The one here has opened but we're still doing contactless

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom