The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

You're not noticing that he is using a cane and has someone by his side basically stabilizing him as he walks. I'm not feeling that there is anything wrong with that, but it is hard to imagine with the physicality that he was always depicted with in the movies. There was a worse picture of him that I didn't use because it was just so depressing for me. I don't have any relationship with him except that everyday I get a little older and a dreading that time should I live that long. I am aware that other then in my imagination that's whats ahead and I was never in the physical condition he was in all his life. It's just plain scary. I guess it is just the residue for turning 72 the other day.
Happy belated birthday!
A9989BF5-F9D7-4881-A0EB-3B058F216930.jpeg

MySmallWorldof4

I passed with flying colors! I'm so relieved! The test had 3 parts. You could miss 12 on the first part and I missed 5, you could miss 2 on the second part, but I didn't miss any, and you could miss 3 on the last part and I ony missed one. Whew! So now we have to schedule my driving test.
Congratulations!!! One step closer to getting that coveted Netherlands drivers license.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I passed with flying colors! I'm so relieved! The test had 3 parts. You could miss 12 on the first part and I missed 5, you could miss 2 on the second part, but I didn't miss any, and you could miss 3 on the last part and I ony missed one. Whew! So now we have to schedule my driving test.

Yea! That's great!! The worst part is over!

I think the actual road test will be a bit easier on you. Best of luck!!! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Goofyernmost , you've been receiving belated birthday wishes from various people. That's positive, because you can drag out your birthday attention for at least a week, if this keeps up! :D

P.S.: Just look at all the fun these wild revelers are having, celebrating your birthday! (Note: they don't have to social distance, because they're just Barbies, Kens, and friends dolls.) :p

1596108119369.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For some reason I put on the Old Faithful webcam this morning, although I do watch it a couple times a week. During the closure it was fun to see what animals were in the area like buffalo. Now the only animals I usually see are humans. Oh and it is fun to see the geyser go off. Anyway, it is really pretty this morning. I grabbed a screen shot. I liked watching all the steam in the morning light.
https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

1596113903629.png

Songbird76

Congratulations! Knew you could do it.
Thanks. 3 days ago I thought there was no way. I really practiced my tushie off to get to the point where I knew the material well. It didn't help that the practice exams and questions I did were not the same as the ones on the test. The danger recognition was completely different. Well, the format was the same, but every one of the scenarios was different. I had done the 40 practice exams and in those, some of the same scenarios came back in several of the exams. There would only be a couple new ones in each test. But the actual exam had a completely different set of scenarios, so I really had to concentrate. I messed up one because I didn't see until I had just clicked on an answer that there was a little boy holding a balloon mostly hidden between two parked cars, so I should have clicked on "brake". If there are kids near the street, and there's no snow on the ground, the answer is "brake!" Oops. I passed, so I can forgive myself for the mistakes. If I had failed, I'd be kicking myself! Now for the actual driving test, but I have a couple of months.

Songbird76

Lewis Grizzard is also a favorite. I buy books at thrift stores and yard sales. It is a bad habit I have been doing for years and years. Still, I don't drink or smoke, so that leaves money for bargain books. It does lead to quite a bit of clutter though.
Does your local library do a sale? In Wyoming, our libraries always did a sale once a year to get rid of books no one checked out anymore, or like, newer books that they had several copies of and didn't need so many anymore. They sell them cheap and it gives them money to buy more. I think paper backs were like $1 and hardbacks were $2. Then the last day of the sale, you could buy a whole bag for $5.

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks. 3 days ago I thought there was no way. I really practiced my tushie off to get to the point where I knew the material well. It didn't help that the practice exams and questions I did were not the same as the ones on the test. The danger recognition was completely different. Well, the format was the same, but every one of the scenarios was different. I had done the 40 practice exams and in those, some of the same scenarios came back in several of the exams. There would only be a couple new ones in each test. But the actual exam had a completely different set of scenarios, so I really had to concentrate. I messed up one because I didn't see until I had just clicked on an answer that there was a little boy holding a balloon mostly hidden between two parked cars, so I should have clicked on "brake". If there are kids near the street, and there's no snow on the ground, the answer is "brake!" Oops. I passed, so I can forgive myself for the mistakes. If I had failed, I'd be kicking myself! Now for the actual driving test, but I have a couple of months.
You'll do fine.

Songbird76

Why? Are you into that...?! :cyclops:;)
Ya caught me! Licking door handles is my hobby. :p

I just can't imagine what you could be doing that's so major that it's worth getting fired over. I mean, obviously many infractions, but it can't just be that she forgot to distance sometimes. That would be frustrating that she kept forgetting, but not really so bad that it deserves to cost her her job. So it must have been more serious than the occassional minor infraction. Like....you would have to be intentionally being a jerk about it to get to that level, right? Not just "Oops, that's supposed to be an entrance only door. Sorry" or "Hey can you back up a bit there? We're a bit too close for safety". It would have to be like "No, I refuse to use the correct doors or wear a mask, and if I want to shake someone's hand, they will just have to get used to it." Like making it unsafe on purpose on a regular basis. And who DOES that?

Goofyernmost

Thanks for the recommendation. I have that one. Here are a few I just grabbed from one of the bookshelves for a quick photo. There are more around here somewhere. While putting these back on the shelf after taking the photo, I spotted a couple more Barry books.

View attachment 487591
I have all those as well. Dave Barry Slept Here is one of his first ones and it was hilarious distortion of history. He and I are about the same age so anything he wrote about personal things like Dave Barry turns 40 and Dave Barry turns 50 were right on. He is 73 now and still writing. When my daughters were tweens and teens they would take Dave Barry books with us on road trips and take turns reading chapters to each other while laughing hysterically. I see that you have two Dave Barry Is Not Making This Up in that pile. The last one I have seen was from last year, I think entitled I'll Mature When I'm Dead!
@Goofyernmost , you've been receiving belated birthday wishes from various people. That's positive, because you can drag out your birthday attention for at least a week, if this keeps up! :D

P.S.: Just look at all the fun these wild revelers are having, celebrating your birthday! (Note: they don't have to social distance, because they're just Barbies, Kens, and friends dolls.) :p

View attachment 487677
The one on the end to the left must have been quarantined for a very long time based on the length of her hair. I'm starting to get my bald mullet back as well. I guess it is time for a what's left of my hair appointment. 👴

Rista1313

For some reason I put on the Old Faithful webcam this morning, although I do watch it a couple times a week. During the closure it was fun to see what animals were in the area like buffalo. Now the only animals I usually see are humans. Oh and it is fun to see the geyser go off. Anyway, it is really pretty this morning. I grabbed a screen shot. I liked watching all the steam in the morning light.
https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

View attachment 487694

I didn't even know there was such a thing! I feel like I missed out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom