The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

It literally felt like Beirut here last night... my house, yard and car are full of debris, and we didn't do any fireworks. I was outside at one point and the neighbor across the street did a big fountain that reign debris and hit me right in the eye... it was in the corner, and no damage done thank goodness... but I had to be a meanie and tell him he needed to push it back to his yard, and not in the middle of the street.
I read multiple cities sounded like Beirut last night including the city I live in. Illegal fireworks ends in the 2 to 3 in the morning time frame. To top it off, one of the local tv stations actually was showing the illegal fireworks by a overhead view. That local tv station showed it online.

That scary with the debris being close to being injured. You were not being a meanie at all because that is a safety issue.

I understand the problem you had to deal with in terms of debris. My parents a few years had deal with debris and luck that it didn't start a fire. What happened was some neighbor was shooting fireworks illegally.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We spent yesterday evenin’ at Emy, Megan, and Daniels for the 4th. We distanced out on their driveway, chatted, enjoyed a pizza dinner, and Emy enjoyed a few sparklers (obviously, all pics are not mine)...!!!!!!! :inlove::happy::)

View attachment 481552View attachment 481553View attachment 481554View attachment 481556View attachment 481557View attachment 481558View attachment 481559View attachment 481560View attachment 481561View attachment 481562

I think that Emy has the best life of anyone I know! :joyfull: (P.S.: And I would love to have her clothing budget, too -- always a cute new outfit. If I was her size, I wouldn't mind having her hand-me-downs! :D )

donaldtoo

War zone and 3 different parties with large sound systems:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I have to be out of the house early tomorrow morning:mad: Early by my standards;)

We got back home last night after our visit with Emy, Megan, and Daniel about 9:30. Saw plenty of aerial fireworks goin’ off in all directions from the toll road during our 15 min. drive home.
Didn’t hear any fireworks in our neighborhood ‘til about 10. Heard the last ones a little after midnight off in the distance. During those 2 hours, there was a lot of stuff close by as well as off in the distance. It was all very sporadic, though... 🤔

93boomer

Premium Member
We got back home last night after our visit with Emy, Megan, and Daniel about 9:30. Saw plenty of aerial fireworks goin’ off in all directions from the toll road during our 15 min. drive home.
Didn’t hear any fireworks in our neighborhood ‘til about 10. Heard the last ones a little after midnight off in the distance. During those 2 hours, there was a lot of stuff close by as well as off in the distance. It was all very sporadic, though... 🤔
We got up to find ash all over our cars 😡

donaldtoo

Fireworks started before dark here. Don’t know why people spend all that money and do not wait until dark to shoot them off. It lasted until midnight. People spent a ton on these because it looked liked disney around here!

Used to look like that ‘round here not all that long ago, before they banned fireworks.
Our HOA used to put on a really good show in the early years of the neighborhood, and folks would come from many surrounding neighborhoods to watch. My folks home is directly across the street from the middle school practice field they used to shoot them off from, so we always had front row seats...!!!:happy::)
After the HOA stopped puttin’ ‘em on, groups of families would pool their money and do decent “displays” in the park to the right of the MS practice field across the road.
When the more affluent neighborhood across the road that divides our neighborhoods was annexed by Austin fireworks were banned there.
So, they started pooling their money and joining the other families in our park. Those folks spent some serious bucks, and the “show” lasted about an hour. During that time, the families in the cul de sac next to the park across the street to the right of my folks home always had a party in the cul de sac. Everybody would bring food and drink to share for dinner, and then as dusk approached we’d set up chairs at the edge of the park to watch the fun.
With the length of the fireworks, the obvious big bucks spent, and how close we were to them, it was absolutely amazing...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

So the "stupid people with fireworks" story for here last night...

Some geniuses decided to bring out sparklers.

In an area with wooden buildings.

And dried pine needles for mulch

They also put said sparklers on a wooden bridge. Said bridge is now singed.

We called the front desk and CMs came and told them they had to put them out. 🤦🙄

Lilofan

So the "stupid people with fireworks" story for here last night...

Some geniuses decided to bring out sparklers.

In an area with wooden buildings.

And dried pine needles for mulch

They also put said sparklers on a wooden bridge. Said bridge is now singed.

We called the front desk and CMs came and told them they had to put them out. 🤦🙄
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Ignorant people act differently while on vacation.

Lilofan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom