The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Ok so, now my car is taking me thru North Carolina to get back to Cinci. Whatever, doesn’t look like any crazy mountain roads on the map, so I’m good.

We’re in some little town, don’t know the name, but the people are staggeringly friendly!! We stopped at a roadside antique store, bought a cowbell and garden decoration (T’s choice) and some Amish Butter, fresh baked muffins, and another salsa.

Went to ring up, and apparently it’s cash only., not ATMs around, but I’m told to go to the Dollar General across the street. I’ve never been in a Dollar General store. I decided to grab a small soft cooler for the butter, we didn’t bring a cooler with us. It’s was $22.50. I always thought Dollar stores were all one dollar items. Lol.. but I didn’t really think that cooler would be a dollar.
So we’re in line and the guy in front of us just hands a $1 bill to T, says “buy a piece of candy for you”. T looks at me shocked, looks at the guy, and says “Wow. Thank you.” Looks at me again and said “The mountains really do have the nicest people, this is unreal. “. The man laughed.

We go back to the antique store/ food mart. One of the old men says “I have corn in the boiler for you, can you stay another 10 minutes?” Then the woman (I’m assuming his wife) Comes up to T and says “Here this is for you”. It was a Trump 2020 winter hat, with fur on the inside.

Please Please don’t misconstrue this as a political post..

When we pulled up to the store and got out, T says “Look Mom, a Trump sign! They must be republicans.” Then he sees a 9/11 sign and says “Wow, these are good patriots.”

The people asked him if he was republican, he said “Oh, yes! And I’m a patriot too.” 🤣

After all of that, we then went to a Taco Stand next door. Now at a gas station waiting for T to finish in the restroom, I had to buy ice for the tiny soft sided cooler— realizing that this small stick of Amish Butter has turned into the most expensive butter that I will ever buy 😂.
Prior to going in the restroom, T said “I’ve never seen such happy and nice people. I can’t believe people just wanted to give stuff to me. The mountain air must make people really friendly . “

View attachment 470280View attachment 470282View attachment 470283View attachment 470284View attachment 470285View attachment 470286
That looks so yummy.

21stamps

Please keep politics out of 9-11 Thank you

Saying “I’m a patriot” shouldn’t be viewed as having anything to do with politics. Please don’t misconstrue what my son said. They were two different thoughts and comments, I really hope that came across correctly.i was hoping it would.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Ok so, now my car is taking me thru North Carolina to get back to Cinci. Whatever, doesn’t look like any crazy mountain roads on the map, so I’m good.

We’re in some little town, don’t know the name, but the people are staggeringly friendly!! We stopped at a roadside antique store, bought a cowbell and garden decoration (T’s choice) and some Amish Butter, fresh baked muffins, and another salsa.

Went to ring up, and apparently it’s cash only., not ATMs around, but I’m told to go to the Dollar General across the street. I’ve never been in a Dollar General store. I decided to grab a small soft cooler for the butter, we didn’t bring a cooler with us. It’s was $22.50. I always thought Dollar stores were all one dollar items. Lol.. but I didn’t really think that cooler would be a dollar.
So we’re in line and the guy in front of us just hands a $1 bill to T, says “buy a piece of candy for you”. T looks at me shocked, looks at the guy, and says “Wow. Thank you.” Looks at me again and said “The mountains really do have the nicest people, this is unreal. “. The man laughed.

We go back to the antique store/ food mart. One of the old men says “I have corn in the boiler for you, can you stay another 10 minutes?” Then the woman (I’m assuming his wife) Comes up to T and says “Here this is for you”. It was a Trump 2020 winter hat, with fur on the inside.

When we pulled up to the store and got out, T says “Look Mom, a Trump sign! They must be republicans.” Then he sees a 9/11 sign and says “Wow, these are good patriots.”

The people asked him if he was republican, he said “Oh, yes! And I’m a patriot too.” 🤣

After all of that, we then went to a Taco Stand next door. Now at a gas station waiting for T to finish in the restroom, I had to buy ice for the tiny soft sided cooler— realizing that this small stick of Amish Butter has turned into the most expensive butter that I will ever buy 😂.
Prior to going in the restroom, T said “I’ve never seen such happy and nice people. I can’t believe people just wanted to give stuff to me. The mountain air must make people really friendly . “

View attachment 470280View attachment 470282View attachment 470283View attachment 470284View attachment 470285View attachment 470286
Looks like the Murphy or Andrews area?

93boomer

Premium Member

Yes we are nice to visitors to the mountains here in NC like that!😊

StarWarsGirl

I have to contradict that a tad. A few songs were good, very few. Music, real music definitely had its pinnacle in the 60's. It all died when the Beatles broke up. I honestly have found almost nothing created after the new millennium worth listening too. I realize that every generation had it's own music, but the fact that the Beatles still sell a lot of records, 50 years after they stopped being a band, is almost mind boggling even to a fan like myself.
Well, then there was also the Doors and Janis Joplin in the 60s and...ugh.

There's been some great stuff this century. There's Hamilton, Frozen, Wicked, Hamilton, Lady Gaga, Hamilton, Jonas Brothers, Kelly Clarkson, Hamilton...

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, then there was also the Doors and Janis Joplin in the 60s and...ugh.

There's been some great stuff this century. There's Hamilton, Frozen, Wicked, Hamilton, Lady Gaga, Hamilton, Jonas Brothers, Kelly Clarkson, Hamilton...
Frozen2, Hamilton, Moana music from the Hamilton guy, but Jonas Bros.?:cautious: edit adding the Lamplighter in new Mary Poppins(guy from Hamilton) to the good list

donaldtoo

Your company is following "new" standard protocols. And, I know you're freaking out about the lack of free FOOD in the company break room! ;)

I spoke with a friend yesterday who has been working remotely during all this, and his company will be phasing employees, back into the physical office. (Management first, then "waves" of employees -- but, only half at a time will be working in the company office. They're going to alternate half the staff to work at home for a week, while the other half works in the office. So that "musical chairs" approach will be in effect for quite some time to come.) This approach makes sense, so they don't have to spend a pile of money to redesign the office, to space out workstations, etc.

They're lucky that it's a business that can also work remotely. But he did mention, that it's really more efficient when everyone is in the office; so the workarounds are not ideal. (Note, he works in an essential medical supply company, so their staff can go back there earlier than many businesses here.)

I 100% agree with you that there will be a resurgence this fall. 😞

Meanwhile, congrats to DWifey!! :happy: Good for her!!! During this time of upheaval, it's exciting that she landed another job with more money! So glad for her, and you.

Yep, the lack of copious amounts of free food and occasional booze is definitely a bummer (although, I might argue that booze could help kill the virus, so we now need more...!!!!! :D:hilarious:;)).

It’s actually pretty interesting to see how different businesses are coming up with inventive potential solutions to try to get back to business, but, also try to remain as safe as is reasonably possible.

Yep, unfortunately, a resurgence seems inevitable, at this point.

Thanks for the congrats about Carolyn’s new job...she had another good day, as did I...!!! :)

donaldtoo

If I'm not mistaken, the people here who are working, have been doing so from their home computers. If I'm wrong, you're not a guinea pig, after all !!. :joyfull:

I thought at least @MySmallWorldof4 ‘s hubs might have been at his office a few times, and also @21stamps at hers sometimes also...? :cyclops:
Although, I could be wrong, and it definitely wouldn’t be the first time...!!!!! :hilarious:

21stamps

I live in a small coastal town in SC and its 30 miles in either direction to a grocery store. About 6 years ago we got a Dollar general and it was like the best thing that ever happened in this town. Our dollar general carries just about anything we need -- all the essentials cookies, soda, ice-cream-- really-- milk, bread, laundry detergent, even fresh produce, frozen food.

They were all over Georgia, NC, and Tennessee! At least the parts we were in. I’ve never seen so many!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom