The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That would be a cottage pie. Shepherd's pie contains lamb . Cottage pie contains beef.
Well I learned something.

But I’m not ever eating a Shepard, Cottage or Chicken Pot Pie. My Moms Mom made these concoctions and I never could swallow. Engrained in my mind. Thankfully my Dads Mom taught me to cook cause my Mom cooked as well as her mother. :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Have to do that every 4 years here, too. I posted about the “Real ID” fun I had on that first Half-day Friday visit, and made sure I brought my birth certificate, passport, and social security card the next Half-day Friday to get it done...PITA, but, now I don’t hafta’ worry about it again ‘til 2024...!!! :)

It was also a PITA for hubs and me (and everyone else), but we got it done about 5 months ago. Anyway, just wanted to share the article below about the Oct. 1, 2020 deadline, for correct identification to be able to board a plane, enter a federal building, etc. There is some fascinating information in that article about how some states are handling it, and how some have had some major blunders. They'll need to get it together.

Fyi: Forty percent still do not have a Real ID, or an alternative document (such as a passport) yet, and fifty-seven percent of people STILL do not know about the October 1 deadline. :jawdrop:

FutureCEO

It was also a PITA for hubs and me (and everyone else), but we got it done about 5 months ago. Anyway, just wanted to share the article below about the Oct. 1, 2020 deadline, for correct identification to be able to board a plane, enter a federal building, etc. There is some fascinating information in that article about how some states are handling it, and how some have had some major blunders. They'll need to get it together.

Fyi: Forty percent still do not have a Real ID, or an alternative document (such as a passport) yet, and fifty-seven percent of people STILL do not know about the October 1 deadline. :jawdrop:

RI just started giving out Real ID's a month after I renewed my license so unless they pay for me to get a new one, I will not get one until mine expires currently. I do have a passport though. Baffles me why (I know why but it still baffles me) we need a passport in our own country.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I got lucky that got 2 appointments next week including one for a urologist. What happened was my new regular doctor wanted me to go to a urologist ASP and also to get an x-ray.

I called it lucky because the regular doctor's office was going to schedule me on April 1st for seeing a urologist at the medical building my new regular doctor is in. I ended getting an appointment outside of the medical building my regular doctor is located.

Since Thursday, I have been have problems off and on for bleeding. I do not have all signs of a kidney stone due to me not having back pain after going. What I am facing right now is one I can't wait till April.

I didn't have any pain, but I wanted it to be checked out. I had kidney stones in 2012 and a laser was needed remove them at the time due to the size of the kidney stone.
Please keep an eye on it and head to the ER if anything worsens, stones are nothing to mess with. Prayers and pixie dust

Goofyernmost

I'll pay for the shipping if you send it all to @MinnieM123
Some one must have come to pick it up already, because I just looked out my window and everything was green. There were a couple of white spots here and there but for the most part they got all of it. Whatever fell off the truck will easily blow away by the 61 degree breeze.

donaldtoo

Yep, coincidentally, they were talkin’ about that on the local talk radio station I listen to on Friday mornin’, on my way into the office. Surprising how many seem to still not know about the Real ID.
I was told I only needed one of the 3 forms of ID for my Real ID (original Social Security card, birth certificate, passport), but, for CYA purposes, I brought all 3 just in case, as I didn’t wanna’ hafta’ do a 3-peat...!!!!! :hilarious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
3036F84F-898B-489F-9583-B09B7DF84BA2.jpegHey gang! I hope you all had a good weekend. This weekend we went to Illinois to visit his family since the Christmas in December got cancelled. On Saturday we didn’t have to be at his Sister’s until about noon so we stopped by the Morton Arboretum and it was nice, it would be nicer in the spring but the grounds were interesting. We got in free with reciprocal admission with our Arboretum membership so the price was right. There was a special troll hunt too, six different trolls “hidden” on the grounds which were fun to find. Here are a few pictures.

761B2252-F93C-4353-BEFD-EB6DACA87A98.jpeg4FBCEF3D-EF80-4AFF-902C-A7CE12070079.jpeg15AE5873-B6F7-469C-8DF7-53DD252F657C.jpegEF57A59F-A7DA-4FE0-AFD4-6458A5455DAE.jpegA63DFBEE-3EFD-4878-9265-6BB9F50443EE.jpegAD91FE45-3F5A-4299-B208-FE17C3F0CD02.jpeg893F2E22-145C-4B33-BF1D-E35B8A277644.jpegFC866D18-C3FF-4FA4-8357-8F8A3B8E98DD.jpegBA3B07D9-B09F-4329-B1EF-6203D930CD39.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey gang! I hope you all had a good weekend. This weekend we went to Illinois to visit his family since the Christmas in December got cancelled. On Saturday we didn’t have to be at his Sister’s until about noon so we stopped by the Morton Arboretum and it was nice, it would be nicer in the spring but the grounds were interesting. We got in free with reciprocal admission with our Arboretum membership so the price was right. There was a special troll hunt too, six different trolls “hidden” on the grounds which were fun to find. Here are a few pictures.

WOW! Those wooden trolls are something else! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom