The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I am assuming Kobe Had the wherewithal that could have opted out of flying in those weather conditions??? I opted out commercially with my DD 2x last year when the prediction of conditions was awful. I decided not to fly and left 2 days early one trip and and a day early the other. I wouldn’t risk my life let alone my own daughters. Likely he has/had enough to money wait out the weather and hire an additional helicopter. Fortunate that helicopter didn’t take out anyone on the ground.
contractual obligations on artists and athletes aren't as easy as you think.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wow. Can’t people just be sad at a tragedy without putting their own spin?

I don’t understand where that comes from. Some need to place blame. I just don’t get it.

I totally agree. Eight people were killed, more then one family was affected. It wasn't deliberate, it was a accident. Let's show just a little respect for the deceased. Just because he was a famous person doesn't make him or his daughter any less human and just like the rest of us when we step on a plane we have to have total trust in the pilot unless we have a license.

It comes from loosing a close friend in a small plane crash in very bad weather conditions. She was 16 years old. It came from her fathers poor judgement to try and land in NOLA vs OK to diverting. They had emergency weather clearance to land And 3 of 4 the small corporate planes made it. One was blown out into the Gulf and everyone died on that plane. Her Dad and Mom lived and she died On different corporate planes for the company he was the president of. He lives till this Day knowing he made bad decision To try and ignore the dangerous weather. It wasn’t an accident he made a risky choice.

This current crash was also sad but also avoidable. It can be both. I listened to the husband on TV not knowing how he was going to raise his 3 kids alone
that makes me both sad and angered. we all have times we must travel in bad weather. Going up in a helicopter in fog so thick people driving cars couldn't see is wreck less Choice Going up when Government law enforcement. Grounded their helicopters because it was too dangerous is wreck less disregard for the obvious. The need to fly a youth basketball game. These kids relied on adult good judgement And to respect for keeping your children safe when you have control to do so. Accidents are beyond control. They all had the control not to risk life for a basketball game. That is the tragedy.

Yes my spin is no youth basketball game is worth that gamble Of your kids life. My friend and my Sis‘ bff is dead because her Dad ignored the weather cause they were going to christen a ship in her Moms name. A year later it happened without my friend but they also christen a ship in my friends name That day too. A ship is all that remains of her legacy.

Lilofan

I totally agree. Eight people were killed, more then one family was affected. It wasn't deliberate, it was a accident. Let's show just a little respect for the deceased. Just because he was a famous person doesn't make him or his daughter any less human and just like the rest of us when we step on a plane we have to have total trust in the pilot unless we have a license.
What was really nice to know is that Kobe Bryant and his daughter prior to boarding his private helicopter Sunday morning is that they both attended 0700 mass in the Catholic church they regularly attend in Newport Beach, CA and received communion. I've been to the church in the town where Kobe lives. It's heartbreaking.

Cesar R M

When China can build a hospital in ten days (time will tell if it's built right and on time) and the US can't decide to fill a pothole in ten days. :banghead:
My country is worse.. they assemble a "administrating council" who plan the whole thing for 3 months, maybe fight.. plan, replace members, then in the next 7 months they will make companies apply and start building, then the company will keep dragging the construction and charging more (until it reaches on average 3X the planned price) before its finished shoddily and the next government in turn has to pay the fixes to a tertiary company which will also drag the building and repairs for months.
by the time whatever they were building is done. The thing will be technically obsolete (like high ways built for 10,000 people will have 15,000 people by the time its finished)

Goofyernmost

It comes from loosing a close friend in a small plane crash in very bad weather conditions. She was 16 years old. It came from her fathers poor judgement to try and land in NOLA vs OK to diverting. They had emergency weather clearance to land And 3 of 4 the small corporate planes made it. One was blown out into the Gulf and everyone died on that plane. Her Dad and Mom lived and she died On different corporate planes for the company he was the president of. He lives till this Day knowing he made bad decision To try and ignore the dangerous weather. It wasn’t an accident he made a risky choice.

This current crash was also sad but also avoidable. It can be both. I listened to the husband on TV not knowing how he was going to raise his 3 kids alone
that makes me both sad and angered. we all have times we must travel in bad weather. Going up in a helicopter in fog so thick people driving cars couldn't see is wreck less Choice Going up when Government law enforcement. Grounded their helicopters because it was too dangerous is wreck less disregard for the obvious. The need to fly a youth basketball game. These kids relied on adult good judgement And to respect for keeping your children safe when you have control to do so. Accidents are beyond control. They all had the control not to risk life for a basketball game. That is the tragedy.

Yes my spin is no youth basketball game is worth that gamble Of your kids life. My friend and my Sis‘ bff is dead because her Dad ignored the weather cause they were going to christen a ship in her Moms name. A year later it happened without my friend but they also christen a ship in my friends name That day too. A ship is all that remains of her legacy.
That is OK if you know how to fly a plane or helicopter. If you don't you have to rely on the pilot to make that decision. If memory serves, the pilot is the only one that has the final decision in that case. If the pilot feels that he has done this before and that all will be OK, then we will tend to trust the judgment of those with the the absolute knowledge of how certain conditions will be a high level of risk. I guess we have to assume that the Pilot doesn't have a death wish, but the person that had the final decision, regardless of pressure placed on them by others. If he decides that it is to dangerous then that freaking aircraft will not be leaving the ground. In this case, Kobi's expertise is Basketball, not flying. I'm sure he might have been concerned, like I have been a few times when flying, but ultimately I had to depend on the opinion of the Pilot.

In this case, if one is going to point blame on anyone it has to be the last line of defense. If the Pilot that should know what is happening decided that it wasn't all that much of a problem then that decision was wrong. It wasn't necessarily criminal, but it was a very costly mistake, including to himself. Thinking that passengers have the skill level to determine the level of risk is bogus. Even in the case you pointed out. If the pilot decided that his job was worth the risk and bypassed his own judgment out of fear of losing his job then he made a decision that was much more costly then his job. He is in that plane too and is more likely to die then anyone else. Errors in judgment are made every single day. They didn't start out the day thinking.. 'you know today I think I'm going to make decisions that will kill us all'.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
5 years old is a great age for WDW my granddaughters age 5 and 7 went with us in May and it was complete suprise to them, they had a great time and still talk about the trip.

Yeah I'm really hoping she'll remember this one for life. If not, I'm sure she'll remember one of them one of these days :hilarious: :hilarious: She does remember all her previous trips now, but I'm sure that will fade as she gets older

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom