The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

Heard about it shortly after 2p our time.
I have never been an NBA fan, and have learned 100+ times more than I ever knew about him in the last coupla’ hours. And, dear Lord, the loss of his daughter too.
They are now saying there were 9 on board.
So very sad.
Prayers to all surviving family members, friends, and fans.
Why did Kobe's helicopter take off?? LAPD grounded their police copters due to terrible fog conditions. However wealthy people who have their own helicopter landing pads may not need permission to take off. Successful athletes at times live on the edge and sometimes disregard "safety first". Kobe and his party should not have flown that morning.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Why did Kobe's helicopter take off?? LAPD grounded their police copters due to terrible fog conditions. However wealthy people who have their own helicopter landing pads may not need permission to take off. Successful athletes at times live on the edge and sometimes disregard "safety first". Kobe and his party should not have flown that morning.

Interesting question. It is always up to the pilot in command, as to whether or not to fly (including flying with instruments -- but those also have minimums, that are well-known by pilots). I've never heard of any passenger making the fly/no fly decision. (They could request it, of course, but no professional pilot would agree to that, if he felt it was not safe. It's the pilot's life as well, not just his passengers.)

wdwfan4ver

Kobe Bryant has passed away:( I'm shocked, he was so young and even sadder his dd also passed
I am not a basketball fan, but I heard of him. I feel sorry for the 3 daughters for dealing with the loss of their dad and sister.

I am sure it is not going to be easy for his other 3 daughters since they will not see them again in person. I am saying this due to what one my parents had to face. One of my parents lost their dad when the parent was 11 years old due to health problems.

The youngest kid my grandfather left behind was 3 or 4 years old at the time of his death. That family was affected by his death and I'm Kobe's will too.

I know 2 of the 3 are too young to remember Kobe and sister since they are 3 years old and 7 months old. Those 2 not remembering their dad and sister is going to be something that could bother them when they got older.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

How do we know the order to disregard the climate and permissions was Kobe's orders?
And since it wasnt his personal pilot, we could easily say that it wasn't Kobe's prerogative and its the Captain's.

Cesar R M

well, theres the final answer.. the heli had clearance.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
How do we know the order to disregard the climate and permissions was Kobe's orders?
And since it wasnt his personal pilot, we could easily say that it wasn't Kobe's prerogative and its the Captain's.

I am assuming Kobe Had the wherewithal that could have opted out of flying in those weather conditions??? I opted out commercially with my DD 2x last year when the prediction of conditions was awful. I decided not to fly and left 2 days early one trip and and a day early the other. I wouldn’t risk my life let alone my own daughters. Likely he has/had enough to money wait out the weather and hire an additional helicopter. Fortunate that helicopter didn’t take out anyone on the ground.

21stamps

I am assuming Kobe Had the wherewithal that could have opted out of flying in those weather conditions??? I opted out commercially with my DD 2x last year when the prediction of conditions was awful. I decided not to fly and left 2 days early one trip and and a day early the other. I wouldn’t risk my life let alone my own daughters. Likely he has/had enough to money wait out the weather and hire an additional helicopter. Fortunate that helicopter didn’t take out anyone on the ground.

Wow. Can’t people just be sad at a tragedy without putting their own spin?

I don’t understand where that comes from. Some need to place blame. I just don’t get it.

Goofyernmost

Wow. Can’t people just be sad at a tragedy without putting their own spin?

I don’t understand where that comes from. Some need to place blame. I just don’t get it.
I totally agree. Eight people were killed, more then one family was affected. It wasn't deliberate, it was a accident. Let's show just a little respect for the deceased. Just because he was a famous person doesn't make him or his daughter any less human and just like the rest of us when we step on a plane we have to have total trust in the pilot unless we have a license.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom