The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

@21stamps I spoke to one of the coaches. She gave dd private lessons. She said she didn’t tell of a new gym, she just mentioned she wouldn’t be back next year. It turns out that only 1 coach had ever mentioned opening her own gym. The other 2 were going along. She insists she didn’t solicit. I gathered information from a few parents that last day and change. Some overzealous parents found out they were going to have a huge cheer gym in the area and took it upon themselves to tell a selective few that they wanted to go with them to the new gym. The gym owner found out about this rumor when a friend of mine went to her after hearing from her friend about it. I found out today from talking to a gymnastics coach (the owner wasn’t in and dd had her private lesson with her), that my instincts that at least some firings were unwarranted. She said there was only one coach who was actively find a division 1 cheer gym to come to the area. The other 2 were duped into it because of the glorious idea of working one of those gyms. Those are the ones that have higher level teams that can compete at the more famous competitions. Anyway I found out from this coach that she thinks the president if the parent board signed a non-disclosure form with this coach. She wanted info on how to run a parent board and didn’t want anything getting out. Well she told the wrong person because it did. If he was the one she told initially then he is the reason that the chaos has been created and the kids are suffering. Apparently the owner had known for months. Guessing she was hoping nothing would come out during the season. The coach I spoke with thinks that if the owner had confronted this coach sooner none of this would have happened. Anyway this board president then told his wife I am sure and they told their clique of friends. Rumors were getting spread by kids who overheard their parents and then it all blew up over the weekend, a successful weekend for the gym. Just sad. Anyway, I asked this coach who has the owners ear to tell her she needs a meeting with coaches, parents, and the owner so the air can clear. If not then I said there will be a cloud over the gym for a few years.

Oh my goodness. What a nightmare, especially for the girls!!!!

How many teammates are leaving? Is your daughter upset?

I can’t believe how this was handled by all involved. :(.

donaldtoo

It's 16 this morning and glorious outside! My kind of weather! As for politics and other issues, that's always been a deep interest of mine down through the years, so I do frequent the thread. Convos from various participants run the gamut from intense to lesser intense, so I participate (cherry pick) where it's appropriate for me.

You and your frozen tundra, deep freeze wishes and dreams...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

I’ve been over in that forum for any length of time only twice since it was created. Shortly after it was first started, and today. Have yet to post.
I’m an...old...fat...white...man...from Texas. Based on the amount of (enough incorrect ;)) math many people may do with that info, I’m already behind the eight ball...!!!!! :hilarious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was hoping you managed to run away from home! Sending wine View attachment 442663

My kids gave me a couple of very nice bottles of wine at Christmas. I did uncork one of them on Friday when it was just too dangerous to leave. Now the weather guys are threatening us with round two...starting Thursday into Friday and Saturday.

My son will be down for a convention in Chicago ON THE LAKE FRONT (where the bike paths were destroyed by 15 foot waves crashing onto Lake Shore Drive last weekend) Again they are saying Snow, ice, rain, snow, ice, rain and repeat for the upcoming end of the week.

th

Tony the Tigger

They do fall out of the trees. Some people use that opportunity to get rid of them. We really have too many now.

The other day I saw two big ones going at it in the park where there is a walking path - it looked like a cartoon fight when they spin in a ball until it breaks up. Then one appeared to be running right at me, and I had to wonder (even though they eat plants) if one could be agitated after that fight LOL. Turns out I happened to be approaching the same big tree he wanted to run up.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They do fall out of the trees. Some people use that opportunity to get rid of them. We really have too many now.

The other day I saw two big ones going at it in the park where there is a walking path - it looked like a cartoon fight when they spin in a ball until it breaks up. Then one appeared to be running right at me, and I had to wonder (even though they eat plants) if one could be agitated after that fight LOL. Turns out I happened to be approaching the same big tree he wanted to run up.

It wasn’t that long ago when we were in FL during a bitter snap. They were dropping. Who knew There were so many of these?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
One (hyphenated ;)) word...Milk-bone...!!! :D

See, that's the thing. I had also learned that dogs that were given rougher, chewable treats (like Milk-Bone) or regular beef bones for example, would naturally "clean" their teeth and gums, from the abrasion (for lack of a better term here). The chewing would also strengthen their muscles in their jaw. And the other benefit is that it would occupy their attention for quite some time (especially the beef bones), and that would keep them out of other mischief! :happy:

Apparently, the more natural methods above are not a cure-all for all dogs out there, but for many it's worked down through the years.

SteveBrickNJ

A sultry 17 here right now. The sun is on my weather station.😊The low—13!! Ugh!!
@MySmallWorldof4[/USER] ....how is it going with your 12th graders as we all approach getting our teenagers in a good position for checking all the boxes and jumping through all the hoops asked of us be the college(s) our kids will attend as freshman?

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

@93boomer and @MySmallWorldof4 ....how is it going with your 12th graders as we all approach getting our teenagers in a good position for checking all the boxes and jumping through all the hoops asked of us be the college(s) our kids will attend as freshman?
My DD....which means ME....we have the opportunity to start paying for Fall 2020 (classes begin Aug. 20-something)....start paying it now. Liberty U offers 9 different payment options. Pay in full...or pay in 2 installments...or 3 - 9 installments. The incentive to start before the end of this month is that if you do so, you get a $600 book credit. My friend who has a student there says that the $600 amount should cover the cost of one semester's books. Free books! That's worth it to pay one payment prior to 1/31 ;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom