The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

No one is leaving the teams, so that is good. The parents involved were going to leave at first, but the fired coaches said that that would be wrong. Those families will go to the new gym next season. It is about 7 families. I just hope that they behave decently the rest of the season. DD's first practice back since the fiasco is tonight. So, let's see how people behave. My guess is the parents will continue sectioning themselves off from others.

The coaches are fired now? Does the team have new ones?
If 7 girls leave will they be easily replaced next year?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions. What a messy situation. :( Good luck at practice tonight!

MySmallWorldof4

The coaches are fired now? Does the team have new ones?
If 7 girls leave will they be easily replaced next year?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions. What a messy situation. :( Good luck at practice tonight!
DD's current team coaches weren't the ones fired. They had no part in what happened. So nothing changes for her in that regard. I know the replacement coaches they have. One of them used to coach dd's team 3 years ago, but then went to get a Masters. She is back now. Practices are in the evenings so it doesn't mess with her schedule. All the replacement coaches are not knew and one of them is the whole program coordinator that the clique parents don't like because their kids are afraid of her. Technically she is the best coach the gym has because she really knows everything about cheer. They don't like her because their bratty kids don't like getting yelled at by her if they start goofing off. She knows parents pay a lot of money to have their kids be there. Cheerleading is not cheap. It is also a dangerous sport, where concussions are not uncommon, and kids shouldn't be messing around when they are learning a new stunt or new tumbling skills. The gym has now implemented a cheer helmet rule for next year. When new stunts or tumbling skills are learned they will need to wear the helmet. It is a soft sided one and not in any way like a football, hockey, etc. helmet. About the coach again, I wish she was dd's teams coach. Regarding replacement of kids, tryouts are usually in April and May. The gym does request a commitment fee be paid after placements are set. They will know then what amount of kids they are dealing with. They do have 2 teams that are novice half -year teams. One group is a tiny novice and the other youth novice. There are kids on those teams that could be brought up next year into the competitive division according to a friend who works the office. It's up to the parents though to foot the bill. Their first competition (not really a competition for them since novice teams aren't competing. It is just a get your feet wet experience) is on Feb 1. We will have the opportunity to see their routines this Saturday at the gym. I am hoping that tryouts go well, and that cheer will continue. DD loves it. I would not go to the new gym if they stop the program. I would just find another gym. The cost for a division 1 gym will cost twice what I pay now, and the traveling would involve plane flights and not a car ride.

21stamps

DD's current team coaches weren't the ones fired. They had no part in what happened. So nothing changes for her in that regard. I know the replacement coaches they have. One of them used to coach dd's team 3 years ago, but then went to get a Masters. She is back now. Practices are in the evenings so it doesn't mess with her schedule. All the replacement coaches are not knew and one of them is the whole program coordinator that the clique parents don't like because their kids are afraid of her. Technically she is the best coach the gym has because she really knows everything about cheer. They don't like her because their bratty kids don't like getting yelled at by her if they start goofing off. She knows parents pay a lot of money to have their kids be there. Cheerleading is not cheap. It is also a dangerous sport, where concussions are not uncommon, and kids shouldn't be messing around when they are learning a new stunt or new tumbling skills. The gym has now implemented a cheer helmet rule for next year. When new stunts or tumbling skills are learned they will need to wear the helmet. It is a soft sided one and not in any way like a football, hockey, etc. helmet. About the coach again, I wish she was dd's teams coach. Regarding replacement of kids, tryouts are usually in April and May. The gym does request a commitment fee be paid after placements are set. They will know then what amount of kids they are dealing with. They do have 2 teams that are novice half -year teams. One group is a tiny novice and the other youth novice. There are kids on those teams that could be brought up next year into the competitive division according to a friend who works the office. It's up to the parents though to foot the bill. Their first competition (not really a competition for them since novice teams aren't competing. It is just a get your feet wet experience) is on Feb 1. We will have the opportunity to see their routines this Saturday at the gym. I am hoping that tryouts go well, and that cheer will continue. DD loves it. I would not go to the new gym if they stop the program. I would just find another gym. The cost for a division 1 gym will cost twice what I pay now, and the traveling would involve plane flights and not a car ride.

I’m a fan of more strict coaches too. Personable, but demand respect and following of directions.

I’d rather a coach yell at my kid and make him do push ups rather than allow him to goof off or a safety infraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom