The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I have to agree that my DH can. I can’t back into parallel parking spaces at all! 😜

It’s easy as can be, as our assistant football coach/drivers ed teacher taught us back in HS...!!!!! :hilarious:
But, seriously, he did and it’s actually only 2 moves that I’ve done many times over the years...and yes, my DWifey rolls her eyes every time at my parallel parkin’ victories...!!!:rolleyes:;)
Move 1 is to pull up about 1.5-2 feet away from the the front car. Start backin’ up straight. About the time your rear wheels are even with that front cars rear bumper you sharply cut into the space, then turn the wheel back to go more straight back, and when your front bumper is about even with their rear bumper you cut your front end into the space. After that all it should take is move 2 to turn the wheel towards the curb goin’ forward to even out the space between the 2 other cars. If the other 2 cars are parked correctly, it’s a breeze. Just 2 moves...!!!!! :D;)
After a few years of knowin’ me, DWifey finally stopped questioning me (even when the other 2 drivers may have not done their parkin’ diligence ;)) about my parallel parkin’ prowess...!!!!!:happy::hilarious:;):)

93boomer

Premium Member
It’s easy as can be, as our assistant football coach/drivers ed teacher taught us back in HS...!!!!! :hilarious:
But, seriously, he did and it’s actually only 2 moves that I’ve done many times over the years...and yes, my DWifey rolls her eyes every time at my parallel parkin’ victories...!!!:rolleyes:;)
Move 1 is to pull up about 1.5-2 feet away from the the front car. Start backin’ up straight. About the time your rear wheels are even with that front cars rear bumper you sharply cut into the space, then turn the wheel back to go more straight back, and when your front bumper is about even with their rear bumper you cut your front end into the space. After that all it should take is move 2 to turn the wheel towards the curb goin’ forward to even out the space between the 2 other cars. If the other 2 cars are parked correctly, it’s a breeze. Just 2 moves...!!!!! :D;)
After a few years of knowin’ me, DWifey finally stopped questioning me (even when the other 2 drivers may have not done their parkin’ diligence ;)) about my parallel parkin’ prowess...!!!!!:happy::hilarious:;):)
Yeah I know how just avoid it if I can.🤣I will just drive around until I can just pull into a space. 😉

wdwfan4ver

SEVEN courses? (OMG ... get a caterer.) :joyfull:
It could be worse. There is such a thing as very bad Christmas meal. I rather not mentioned who or what side of the family, but what happened a person who decided make dishes on Christmas meal despite admitting never tried to cook before:rolleyes:. All I'm willing to say is it is a relative.

The guests were suggesting after eating the food said you should have gotten stuff like ham and rolls for Christmas if you can't cook.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It could be worse. There is such a thing as very bad Christmas meal. I rather not mentioned who or what side of the family, but what happened a person who decided make dishes on Christmas meal despite admitting never tried to cook before:rolleyes:. All I'm willing to say is it is a relative.

The guests were suggesting after eating the food said you should have gotten stuff like ham and rolls for Christmas if you can't cook.
You are related to my MIL?

Gabe1

My dad cannot back into a parking space. Especially not in the Enclave. He's a terrible parker in general. He can't parallel park. He parks crooked in the garage every single time. My mom wanted me to run his car while they were on vacation one time. He could tell I'd driven it. It was parked straight. 😂

I can parallel park and back into a parking spot. It was on the driving test when I took it. Plus, with backup cameras, I don't see how you couldn't.
I had to
Learn all that too and your Dad and I are similar in age. My DD new Subaru has a back up camera and finally she can back up a SUV. She always pulled in my truck where I backed it in. She has 20 20 vision but quirky vision. No depth perception, color blind and though now corrected struggled with eyes not focusing on same thing simultaneously. Studies have shown a high percentage of children with reading issues are vision related but not diagnosed.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Congratulations in having high goals to become a certified educator. It takes a special person. Best wishes.
Thanks! I did two semesters with the hope of a Graphic Design major then got hit with a really bad case of depression, and pretty much dropped out of college. I'm hopeful this is a fresh start

Gabe1

Thanks! I did two semesters with the hope of a Graphic Design major then got hit with a really bad case of depression, and pretty much dropped out of college. I'm hopeful this is a fresh start
That is awesome. Demonstrates your commitment to not only furthering your education but ability to rise above hurdles. I’m rooting for you! Go You!

I have a dear friend from a defunct Disney board. Military POW Middle East with depression and traumatic disorder because of it. Messed with him deeply. He like you got a grip on it and is now in his 3rd year of college aiming to be a social worker. Goal social worker for veterans. I love people like you that are so determined to overcome.

Figgy1

Premium Member
What it's like to have a sibling...in a nutshell

I worked from home today. I was working from the couch. I was about to move upstairs to my room.

B came in and told me he wanted to sit in my spot. I told him no, I was here first. He got mad at me. Mom intervened.

I'm on this couch thirty minutes later out of pure spite.
Gee thnx for giving James ideas:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom