The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sweet 16 birthday flashed me back 55 years. Just last Monday I sent a Happy Birthday e-card to my high school sweetheart. She, of course, just reached the same age as me and I couldn't just forget it. She is married (49 years) and lives in Conn. She has three sons, and 7 grandkids now. We obviously keep in touch, electronically since our high school reunion in 2016. Before that I had lost contact with her and since we were both married to other people at that stage it seemed like communication wasn't the wisest thing for our marriages even if we knew where each other happened to be. She had her sweet 16 party in the basement of her Mother's home, 55 years ago. Things were so simple back then, no huge drug or alcohol problems. We danced for hours to the music of the day. Can you guess it was the Beatles. Anyway it just conjured up many sweet 16 memories. Sorry, that's all probably TMI, but it is amazing how after all those years we somehow got back, very innocently, into each others lives. I might add, as innocently as it was back then.

Those are some wonderful memories. (I particularly liked the part about keeping things simple. My concern for today's world is all the "noise" such as constant, 24/7, electronic devices, etc., distracting us all.) Thanks for sharing, as we can all enjoy the flashback with you. :inlove:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@starwars girl, @ajrwdwgirl, @MySmallWorldof4 and @Mr Ferret 88. Dh has today off so as soon as breakfast(waffles, spinach/tomato/onion omlete, mandarin oranges and banana slices, one ds put doom sauce on his) was ready we watch the Mandalorian. More questions than answers there are. Top or near the top of my Christmas list
Baby Yoda
Can't get D+. ☹️

StarWarsGirl

@starwars girl, @ajrwdwgirl, @MySmallWorldof4 and @Mr Ferret 88. Dh has today off so as soon as breakfast(waffles, spinach/tomato/onion omlete, mandarin oranges and banana slices, one ds put doom sauce on his) was ready we watch the Mandalorian. More questions than answers there are. Top or near the top of my Christmas list
Baby Yoda
I probably won't get to watch it until tomorrow night or Sunday. My aunt is coming up from SC, so I get to go get her from the airport tonight, and then tomorrow I'm driving her up to PA to my grandma's, and my grandma wants me to spend the day up there. So...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom