The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

It's the least we could do, on your sweet sixteenth birthday, after all. :happy:
Sweet 16 birthday flashed me back 55 years. Just last Monday I sent a Happy Birthday e-card to my high school sweetheart. She, of course, just reached the same age as me and I couldn't just forget it. She is married (49 years) and lives in Conn. She has three sons, and 7 grandkids now. We obviously keep in touch, electronically since our high school reunion in 2016. Before that I had lost contact with her and since we were both married to other people at that stage it seemed like communication wasn't the wisest thing for our marriages even if we had known where each other happened to be. She had her sweet 16 party in the basement of her Mother's home, 55 years ago. Things were so simple back then, no huge drug or alcohol problems. We danced for hours to the music of the day. Can you guess it was the Beatles. Anyway it just conjured up many sweet 16 memories. Sorry, that's all probably TMI, but it is amazing how after all those years we somehow got back, very innocently, into each others lives. I might add, as innocently as it was back then.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Just got home. Time for a nightcap and bed. Grand opening is in the AM, and they are just now putting the sign up. I wanted to wait to see it finished but had to get some sleep. The store is about as good as it's going to get by 11AM ribbon-cutting time. We'll do a little more touching up in the morning, and I have to stop for one of those big dispensers of coffee & some kind of breakfasty stuff.

Just have to get through the morning and I should get a break by around lunchtime.

I have no idea what I'm even saying right now. (That's probably a good time to go to the politics thread. Ha!)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just got home. Time for a nightcap and bed. Grand opening is in the AM, and they are just now putting the sign up. I wanted to wait to see it finished but had to get some sleep. The store is about as good as it's going to get by 11AM ribbon-cutting time. We'll do a little more touching up in the morning, and I have to stop for one of those big dispensers of coffee & some kind of breakfasty stuff.

Just have to get through the morning and I should get a break by around lunchtime.

I have no idea what I'm even saying right now. (That's probably a good time to go to the politics thread. Ha!)
Good luck I'm rooting for you to take over the entertainment retail sector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps stay away from the politics thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The FDA wants to kill us all

The FDA is the one that protects us from tainted food. Interesting about the article I attached yesterday -- this one affected 22 states! I've never been so hesitant as this past year, when thinking of buying leafy greens in particular. I'm going to stick with a sure thing -- bags of cookies. No recall. Healthy food.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Tony, I wish you all the BEST OF LUCK TODAY with your grand opening!!! This is the big time for you and all holiday season retailers -- you'll do well, I am sure of it. Make sure you eat a good breakfast, as you'll need all your energy today.

1574421510867.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom