The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

I dream of the good old days when they practically gave the pennant to the Yankees at the beginning of the season. The other teams in the World Series came into it knowing they were going to leave as losers. I feel sorry for those that missed the days of Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, Whitey Ford, Yogi Berra, Elston Howard, Phil Rizzuto and so on. All lorded over by the one and only Casey Stengel. (sigh!)
You were spoiled in baseball, but you could say the same to me back when I used follow the NFL since I was a Packer fan.

The Green Bay Packers only went to the playoff once when after I was born before I was a teenager.

The catch is my parents were more spoiled than me when they were growing up. The Lombardi era started when my parents were kids and ended in my parents teenage years.

MySmallWorldof4

Never got into baseball, but I do recall the baseball cards that my 2 brothers bought. Sometimes, they would give me the bubble gum that was inside the package. :hungry: That was all I cared about! :joyfull: (As for the cards, they kept those or traded with their buddies.) We grew up in MA, so it was a different team from yours, John.
Loved it when I was a kid. My mom never knew that I played “baseball” by throwing a rubber pinky ball against the wall in my room. :angelic: I collected baseball cards during the mid 70’s. They were all thrown out by my mom of course. No idea if any were worth anything as I don’t remember what cards I had. Maybe that is a good thing.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just thought I would share some pictures from the weekend. Hubs and I had a getaway in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul), Minnesota.
On the way (after about an hour of driving) we stopped and picked up some fresh cheese curds to snack on. The curds were nice and squeaky! We also got some sliced garlic salami too.
IMG_0451.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

We checked into our hotel by the Mall of America and then headed to the mall. We walked around a bit and then had dinner at a place called Crave.
IMG_0454.JPG

I had a pumpkin pasta with grilled chicken. It was yummy. Then after dinner more wandering until it was time to see Malificent 2, it was fine and entertaining enough.
IMG_0455.JPG

Saturday we spent almost the whole day at the Arboretum and hiked some new trails. It was a beautiful day and the fall colors were gorgeous.
IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

I think last time I went I posted a picture of some flowers and @93boomer wondered what they were so I took a picture of the sign this time too.
IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

SteveBrickNJ

Very nice. I bet you could go 4 times a year....year after year...and it would always be refreshing to your spirit.
Hey! It just struck me...doesn't that describe how many people feel about Magic Kingdom?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A few more Saturday pictures from the Arboretum.

This was our lunch/snack view.
View attachment 419835

The we toured the Chinese garden before heading to the farm and bee center.
View attachment 419836

View attachment 419837

View attachment 419838

View attachment 419839

Then headed to a favorite restaurant for a real meal. Sorry no food pictures
View attachment 419840

Then after some pool time headed to the Mall of America for the evening.
View attachment 419841
The Marriott I stayed at recently had Mickey elevator doors too!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We checked into our hotel by the Mall of America and then headed to the mall.

You two are so much fun. :happy: And it amazes me, just how large the Mall of America must be, to have it's own hotel?! :D

I love seeing all the fall decorations and the colorful outdoor foliage pictures as well. Animal photos were also interesting. They're always so photogenic.

P.S.: I've never had a cheese curd (must be a regional thing) -- but, those bags of them look rather tasty! :hungry:

MySmallWorldof4

I just thought I would share some pictures from the weekend. Hubs and I had a getaway in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul), Minnesota.
On the way (after about an hour of driving) we stopped and picked up some fresh cheese curds to snack on. The curds were nice and squeaky! We also got some sliced garlic salami too.
View attachment 419783

View attachment 419784

We checked into our hotel by the Mall of America and then headed to the mall. We walked around a bit and then had dinner at a place called Crave.
View attachment 419785

I had a pumpkin pasta with grilled chicken. It was yummy. Then after dinner more wandering until it was time to see Malificent 2, it was fine and entertaining enough.
View attachment 419786

Saturday we spent almost the whole day at the Arboretum and hiked some new trails. It was a beautiful day and the fall colors were gorgeous.
View attachment 419787

View attachment 419789

View attachment 419790

View attachment 419792

I think last time I went I posted a picture of some flowers and @93boomer wondered what they were so I took a picture of the sign this time too.
View attachment 419794

View attachment 419793
I love when you post pictures from that arboretum. The pumpkin tree is so cool! That Amaranthus plant is edible.

Rista1313

There were even some roses still blooming in the rose garden.

I've noticed a lot of late rose bloomers walking around our neighborhood.... I wonder why they are so late this year?

Brad got a mold-a-rama

Because of the light in the cube, I can't see what animal/shape it is? I love this silly hot wax mold things... the smell is definitely a childhood memory!

MySmallWorldof4

A few more pictures... more fall colors, the Japanese garden, and the fall scarecrow display. There were even some roses still blooming in the rose garden.
View attachment 419825

View attachment 419826

View attachment 419827

View attachment 419828

View attachment 419829

View attachment 419830

View attachment 419831

View attachment 419832

View attachment 419833

View attachment 419834
They do an amazing job with their fall decor. Love the scare crows, but I especially love the YouBetcha Willow Structure. It would be so fun to walk in it. Guessing you are not allowed to do that. Was that made from willow branches?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom