The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hey Basin fans, I was looking at the Basin website tonight just to see if they had added any Disney stuff and they haven't but I found out that Basin sells some of their stuff in a grocery store called Hy-vee. There are a few Hy-vee's near where I go shopping in Minnesota! I never have been in a Hy-vee before but next time I go to Minnesota I think I'll stop in. They also have some locations in Illinois that sell Basin. Here's a link if you want to check it out @Gabe1 and @MouseDreaming .

https://basin.com/stores
Thank you!!!!

MySmallWorldof4

The view was a blur.lol. I didn’t even want to scream, I just wanted to listen to his reaction and make sure he wasn’t upset..not that I could have done much once it started.
We’ve been on the one at Kings Island twice since then... now we both scream. 🤣

The one at KI requires a 48” height minimum.. the one in Orlando was 46” I think, that’s why he was able to ride that one first. Which is a bit odd, the one in Orlando is higher than the one here.

Have you been to Fun Spot? They have a lot of rides that remind me of the Boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ. It’s a cool stop when in Orlando. The Slingshot and Volmatron are both great (we did that too, that same day)..but they also have a great racing ride.
I’ll find a pic.. it reminded me of a hot wheels set, but life size. 😂
No, never been. Have been to Wildwood as an adult. It just seemed really old to me. Probably the kid me would have loved it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It was!! We were at Fun Spot in Kissimmee.. did so many rides that night. Great place!

View attachment 412916

...and I did end up letting him go on the trampoline 😂

View attachment 412917View attachment 412918

I've seen that area advertised, when I've been down in FL. Always was intrigued by it, but I would have been staying on WDW property for 3 nights only, so never went over there, due to lack of time.

The trampoline looks like a blast (I swear I'm a 5-year-old at heart). :p I like how they have some sort of safety harness on T, so that he doesn't fly off it. Never seen that type of thing before, and it's a great idea.

As for the Slingshot that you both were on, is that some sort of bungie-type set-up?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for asking. Overall I do like my new 7th graders, the class I have twice a day are nice and seem to work hard. I have my two 8th grade sections and I still like them. I also have 9th graders, just one section of them this year and I still like them although one of them drives me a little nuts. I think the year will be okay, but busy as I have a new curriculum for the 7th and 8th graders so that means a lot of work for me.

O.k. Sounds very positive all around (except even busier for you). If only one kid drives you nuts, and the others are all good, I'd say you've scored some great classes! :)

21stamps

I've seen that area advertised, when I've been down in FL. Always was intrigued by it, but I would have been staying on WDW property for 3 nights only, so never went over there, due to lack of time.

The trampoline looks like a blast (I swear I'm a 5-year-old at heart). :p I like how they have some sort of safety harness on T, so that he doesn't fly off it. Never seen that type of thing before, and it's a great idea.

As for the Slingshot that you both were on, is that some sort of bungie-type set-up?

Yes,

These pics are from Google.. there’s a band/wire connected between your seat and the two structures, flings you up in the air full speed above the structures, and then you flip around on your way back down, bungeeing when doing so.

B90FEFC8-A65D-47FC-A1B8-44795CECA952.jpeg1D3F40E7-FF89-40CC-9266-2FE280AAA0CC.jpeg45E2840F-ADFB-4123-AECC-2B97C83D9C7C.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes,

These pics are from Google.. there’s a band/wire connected between the two structures, flings you up in the air full speed above the structures, and then you flip around on your way back down, bungeeing when doing so.

View attachment 412999View attachment 413000View attachment 413001

Wow!! That's intense (fun)! :joyfull: (I had temporarily forgotten that bungee-type attractions were allowed in FL -- many states outlaw them, due to various safety concerns.)

Glad you two had fun!

21stamps

Wow!! That's intense (fun)! :joyfull: (I had temporarily forgotten that bungee-type attractions were allowed in FL -- many states outlaw them, due to various safety concerns.)

Glad you two had fun!

We have slingshots at amusement parks in Ohio too.

I think there was an accident in Europe a few years ago on this type of attraction.. Can’t remember the specifics, I don’t like to read those kind of stories.

StarWarsGirl

21stamps

I've spent years on this forum posting photos of the natural beauty of New Jersey.
Maybe you have always scrolled right by them.

I love NJ.. especially the southern part of the state.

My mom is from Philadelphia, Which means everyone summers ‘down on the shore’, so I spent my childhood doing the same. My only complaint in recent years is that areas like Cape May have become too commercialized/modern... Personally, I’m a bit more fond of the outer banks in NC, specifically Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, and Cape Hatteras as far as landscape..but the same thing is happening there. :(. Things change I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom