The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Man, today was a total adventure.. not in the good aspect. Mind you, I had pretty bad luck myself.

To start the story... today they gave me my new A/C Unit.
I gave the haul guy a tip since the boxes were spotless.
Then I started to copy the stickers to check for the code to register and ask for an installation (weird, you have to do this in my country for all MABE based devices, so your guarantee works as long you get an authorized technician to install the device).

So after checking out, despite the model number being very similar to my mother's new a/c (which she bought weeks ago). Turns out that this model I bought was not only older. But also of 110V, which made it useless for me.
Should have paid more attention. As despite telling the vendor I wanted a 220V. She sold me a 110V and the receipt paper never said anything about 110V until I reviewed the stickers on the boxes.. (mea culpa, Should have done so at the store).

Anyway....

After a ton of calls and checks ups, trying to find the vendor then explain the situation(then waited some more because the vendor was outside, then was going out to lunch and then had to wait until she was available). I was told to deliver back the thing to the store to change it.

Problem? there were no 220V versions of or any 220V of the same brand in the store or in the store chain.
So we had to check for one with a similar price and type BUT... of another brand.
A few more calls and we finally agreed on another brand.
I picked up the thing and loaded it on my car (my dad's rancher style car with big back door)
And loaded the thing and it barely fit (the compressor box is pretty big).

Then annoyances.. there were huge lanes of traffic going in. Tons of drivers breaking the law by going above the curvs trying to dodge the traffic and even illegally using the parking lots to move further (slowdown down the lanes more).
Turns out there were not one, not two.. but THREE consecutive multi crashes for exactly the same idiocy of trying to pass cars using lanes or sections not designed for.
And I wouldn't be surprised if there were more crashes later as these idiots were still going above the speed limits on emergency lanes..etc..
The traffic police were having a field day...

Anyway after almost 30 minutes of delay thanks to traffic...I finally reached the store. Barely at the time agreed (I was smart to go almost 40 minutes earlier towards the store..)

I parked on their personal space and asked to call for the return.
The security guard called the vendor, the vendor then called a hauler, the hauler then picked the stuff from my car just to be stopped by one security guard putting some excuses. That my request for trade would be denied because I "insecurely" transported the device.
It was a looong backand forth. Even the vendor was told she might have a "fine" for doing the exchange after that exchange.
Finally upper management accepted the trade (after almost 20 minutes of deliberating and back and forths with the security guard).
Then they decided to check up the device to make sure everything was inside (never opened the box, it was untouched with all the seals, etc..) I facepalmed when they did this because they would be unable to sell it if it was open!!.

Regardless. They did and confirmed that it was untouched and had all the parts. So they packed it up again and moved it to storage and I went with the vendor.
Took a bit of time as they never had made such type of change (returning one from one brand, and then getting a refund ticket, then use the money to buy a new one and ask the client to pay the difference).
There were 4 staff by the cashier making the whole operation. Did not help that other clients started to ask for A/C's while the staff were struggling. Slowing down the process.
Anyway, paid, got the receipt, and told to hopefully get the new device tomorrow or monday.
So.. so far I have been 1 week and half with no a/c lol.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Man, today was a total adventure.. not in the good aspect. Mind you, I had pretty bad luck myself.

Then I started to copy the stickers to check for the code to register and ask for an installation (weird, you have to do this in my country for all MABE based devices, so your guarantee works as long you get an authorized technician to install the device).

So after checking out, despite the model number being very similar to my mother's new a/c (which she bought weeks ago). Turns out that this model I bought was not only older. But also of 110V, which made it useless for me.
Should have paid more attention. As despite telling the vendor I wanted a 220V. She sold me a 110V and the receipt paper never said anything about 110V until I reviewed the stickers on the boxes.. (mea culpa, Should have done so at the store).

Anyway....

After a ton of calls and checks ups, trying to find the vendor then explain the situation(then waited some more because the vendor was outside, then was going out to lunch and then had to wait until she was available). I was told to deliver back the thing to the store to change it.

Problem? there were no 220V versions of or any 220V of the same brand in the store or in the store chain.
So we had to check for one with a similar price and type BUT... of another brand.
I picked up the thing and loaded it on my car (my dad's rancher style car with big back door)

Then annoyances.. there were huge lanes of traffic going in. Tons of drivers breaking the law by going above the curvs trying to dodge the traffic and even illegally using the parking lots to move further (slowdown down the lanes more).
Turns out there were not one, not two.. but THREE consecutive multi crashes for exactly the same idiocy of trying to pass cars using lanes or sections not designed for.
And I wouldn't be surprised if there were more crashes later as these idiots were still going above the speed limits on emergency lanes..etc..

Anyway after almost 30 minutes of delay thanks to traffic...I finally reached the store. Barely at the time agreed (I was smart to go almost 40 minutes earlier towards the store..)

The security guard called the vendor, the vendor then called a hauler, the hauler then picked the stuff from my car just to be stopped by one security guard putting some excuses. That my request for trade would be denied because I "insecurely" transported the device.
It was a looong backand forth. Even the vendor was told she might have a "fine" for doing the exchange after that exchange.
Finally upper management accepted the trade (after almost 20 minutes of deliberating and back and forths with the security guard).
Then they decided to check up the device to make sure everything was inside (never opened the box, it was untouched with all the seals, etc..) I facepalmed when they did this because they would be unable to sell it if it was open!!.

Regardless. They did and confirmed that it was untouched and had all the parts. So they packed it up again and moved it to storage and I went with the vendor.
Took a bit of time as they never had made such type of change (returning one from one brand, and then getting a refund ticket, then use the money to buy a new one and ask the client to pay the difference).
There were 4 staff by the cashier making the whole operation. Did not help that other clients started to ask for A/C's while the staff were struggling. Slowing down the process.
Anyway, paid, got the receipt, and told to hopefully get the new device tomorrow or monday.
Dear
Lord.

Stupid has no boundaries. Pixie dust.

Cesar R M

Dear
Lord.

Stupid has no boundaries. Pixie dust.
yeah, my stupidity as well. As I made many mistakes myself (not checking the model voltage, not checking the same on receipt when the product was delivered, not loaded the unit leaning on each other and fastened so the security guard wouldn't throw excuses.
I just really hope the new one works fine and be done with it lol.

MySmallWorldof4

Anyway....

Wow! Why is it so difficult to return and exchange an item? Here you go to a store with your receipt within a certain time period, and they will exchange it, even if the box has been opened.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I replaced my battery on my car this past April. My car is a 2008, it was the original battery. The guys at the shop were dumbfounded that it had lasted so long.

But that's the thing about car batteries -- some die out sooner than others, and vice versa. Most of the time we go by the "average" expected timespan, but if we're not having any noticeable issues, we extend that. I remember one time we had some sort of issue with a battery in the first year, so it went back to Autozone. They gave us a new one at no charge.

FutureCEO

Good question, I think if you read a synopsis of the series you might be okay but you'd might miss a few of the minor bits from the series storyline. So it probably would be most helpful if you knew a little bit.

Never watched the TV series :eek:. I know. I'm not sure why but I only watched a few minutes of it. I watched Victoria and the Crown which are basically the same thing.

21stamps

Never watched the TV series :eek:. I know. I'm not sure why but I only watched a few minutes of it. I watched Victoria and the Crown which are basically the same thing.

No, they are NOT the same!! ;)
I do enjoy both series.. especially when Rufus Sewell was on Victoria (I’ve always been a fan of his).., but IMO, NOTHING will ever compare to Downton Abbey. Amazing casting, good clean show.. great writing. It may be the only tv show that I made a point to watch when it aired instead of recording to watch later.

Anyway, this is totally my opinions. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
No, they are NOT the same!! ;)
I do enjoy both series.. especially when Rufus Sewell was on Victoria (I’ve always been a fan of his).., but IMO, NOTHING will ever compare to Downton Abbey. Amazing casting, good clean show.. great writing. It may be the only tv show that I made a point to watch when it aired instead of recording to watch later.

Anyway, this is totally my opinions. :)

All three shows are good but I would agree not the same. Downton is the best of them, then the Crown, and Victoria is 3rd, at least that's how I see them. Although I will admit it took me awhile to keep all the people straight in Downton, for some reason the downstairs staff confused me, too many of the guys looked alike to me. 😄

21stamps

All three shows are good but I would agree not the same. Downton is the best of them, then the Crown, and Victoria is 3rd, at least that's how I see them. Although I will admit it took me awhile to keep all the people straight in Downton, for some reason the downstairs staff confused me, too many of the guys looked alike to me. 😄

I would rank in the same order. I’m extremely curious to see the new cast in the next season of The Crown.

I had a similar problem with keeping the downstairs staff straight.😂. I rewatched/binge watched the prior season before every new season came out.

Cesar R M

Wow! Why is it so difficult to return and exchange an item? Here you go to a store with your receipt within a certain time period, and they will exchange it, even if the box has been opened.
Probably because they could have tried to exchange damaged goods by client's fault. Here they need a lot of paperwork to return stuff.
Amazon is of the few companies that offer very easy returns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom