The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

flynnibus

Premium Member
well unlike the swan boats since this is a paid experience, it will be easy to quantify if it runs at a profit or runs at a loss.

So even easier to close them quickly - they are expected to actually be a profit center, unlike an non-ticketed attraction who is purpose is to contribute to the whole.

Maybe we should start the pool now to pick when they'll close.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It does say something about to what degree Disney is doing things for this area... that's a good thing. Question is do they have good people picking the right horses to back? I guess we wait and see

articos

Dunno - this has got 'swan boats' written all over it IMO. Something tried and then quickly moving onto yesterland...
Not to be negative, but I agree. I give this 2 years and they'll be parked on display. Less if one...let's just say "takes on water". This is an instance where someone got excited about an idea without really thinking it out long term. For the short term, I'd take a ride. :)

mm121

Not to be negative, but I agree. I give this 2 years and they'll be parked on display. Less if one...let's just say "takes on water". This is an instance where someone got excited about an idea without really thinking it out long term. For the short term, I'd take a ride. :)
thats definitely possible, if theres some kind of incident.

are people going to be required to wear lifejackets? id say not at the beginning but if theres some kind of incident they'll become required, which definitely ruins the experience.

articos

are people going to be required to wear lifejackets? id say not at the beginning but if theres some kind of incident they'll become required, which definitely ruins the experience.
I'm waiting to see just like everyone else. This is all third party, not Disney. If legal has their way, I'm sure life vests would be required. I'm honestly surprised this got approved. That's a big lake, and the Disney Co. isn't in control - but they'll be the ones sued if anything happens.

LL2WDW

Hey Debbie Downer, the thing hasn't even opened yet to the public. Why spend so much time creating ways in which the attraction could fail?

DABIGCHEEZ

Sorry, I'm not reading 17 pages... but I have a question. Will these amphicars be parked on land when folks get in and then driven into water or at a dock? I am hoping it is on land. While I think I would probably spend the money to let my teens drive the speedboats... I am sure others will pay for this. I don't think pricing is too crazy provided you have 3 people... but what really are you seeing that can't be seen from the walkways of Disney Springs?

mm121

Hey Debbie Downer, the thing hasn't even opened yet to the public. Why spend so much time creating ways in which the attraction could fail?
other people started the this wont be open long talk, i didnt.
Sorry, I'm not reading 17 pages... but I have a question. Will these amphicars be parked on land when folks get in and then driven into water or at a dock? I am hoping it is on land. While I think I would probably spend the money to let my teens drive the speedboats... I am sure others will pay for this. I don't think pricing is too crazy provided you have 3 people... but what really are you seeing that can't be seen from the walkways of Disney Springs?

Land, theres a drive with a turntable since they dont have enough space to turn around out of the water in the enclosure.

your not seeing anything different, just seeing it a different way, the experience isn't about the views its about riding in an amphicar

you can see what these see via the marketplace to west side boats

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Apr 4. With additional discussion.

Regarding the Amphicars: The Boathouse has a total of 8 operational Amphicars, with one additional car for "parts." Up to six will be used on a daily basis. The pricing as discussed earlier was correct, $100 per car per 20-min ride, for 1 to 3 guests. The Amphicars will adhere to Florida boating regulations in that children under 6 years old will be required to wear a life vest. The Boathouse has an ample selection of life vests in all sizes for any guest that chooses to wear a life vest (complimentary). In addition, as per Florida boating regulations, life vests will be carried on each Amphicar, accessible to the guests and driver. Two amphibious (wheeled) jet skis are positioned as rescue vehicles to tow a stalled Amphicar from the lake.

Guests will purchase Amphicar tickets at The Boathouse retail store, and load on land in the courtyard in front of the building. As shown in earlier posts, the Amphicar will then drive down the sloped dock and splash into the lake next to the lakeside bar. After a 20-min tour around the shoreline, the Amphicar will drive onto the sloped dock and guests will disembark in the same loading area. All this will takes place in full view of the Disney Springs guests gathered along the primary walkway through The Landing (which is next to the Landing open air stage). (Information from a cast member.)

No up close photos yet, but from Fulton's Crab House deck, the photo below will permit a further discussion on what The Boathouse will have to offer. Just beyond the building in the photo below, and visible in earlier posts, there is an extensive dock area that guests will be allowed to roam. Various restored antique boats will be on display. These boats, while operational, will be for display only. They have been meticulously restored to original condition. Two boats can be seen in the photo below, with covers. Many of the boats are already in place.

IMG_5225.JPG

Among the featured boats scheduled for display are: (boating enthusiasts will like this)

1961 15-foot Redfish Shark fiberglass runabout
1956 14-foot Cadillac Sea Lark
1956 14-foot Lone Star Meteor Classic fiberglass runabout "Marilyn's Meteor Mate"
1958 23-foot Chris Craft Continental Wooden Utility "Imagination Is King"
1958 14-foot Larsen Falls Flyer fiberglass runabout "My Little Princess"
2009 10-foot Berkeley Perfect Tug Boat "Gadget"
1930 26-foot Chris Craft Runabout "Muse"
2015 Capri 21 fiberglass runabout (on loan from Chris Craft)
2015 Corsair 22 Chris Craft Launch (on loan from Chris Craft)

In addition, The Boathouse will operate the "Venezia," a 1984 40-foot Venetian Water Taxi for champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberry cruises for 16-20 people. Tickets to be sold at The Boathouse.

(Information from a cast member.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Regarding the Amphicars: The Boathouse has a total of 8 operational Amphicars, with one additional car for "parts." Up to six will be used on a daily basis. The pricing as discussed earlier was correct, $100 per car per 20-min ride, for 1 to 3 guests. The Amphicars will adhere to Florida boating regulations in that children under 6 years old will be required to wear a life vest. The Boathouse has an ample selection of life vests in all sizes for any guest that chooses to wear a life vest (complimentary). In addition, as per Florida boating regulations, life vests will be carried on each Amphicar, accessible to the guests and driver. Two amphibious (wheeled) jet skis are positioned as rescue vehicles to tow a stalled Amphicar from the lake.

Guests will purchase Amphicar tickets at The Boathouse retail store, and load on land in the courtyard in front of the building. As shown in earlier posts, the Amphicar will then drive down the sloped dock and splash into the lake next to the lakeside bar. After a 20-min tour around the shoreline, the Amphicar will drive onto the sloped dock and guests will disembark in the same loading area. All this will takes place in full view of the Disney Springs guests gathered along the primary walkway through The Landing (which is next to the Landing open air stage). (Information from a cast member.)

No up close photos yet, but from Fulton's Crab House deck, the photo below will permit a further discussion on what The Boathouse will have to offer. Just beyond the building in the photo below, and visible in earlier posts, there is an extensive dock area that guests will be allowed to roam. Various restored antique boats will be on display. These boats, while operational, will be for display only. They have been meticulously restored to original condition. Two boats can be seen in the photo below, with covers. Many of the boats are already in place.

View attachment 89091

Among the featured boats scheduled for display are: (boating enthusiasts will like this)

1956 14-foot Lone Star Meteor Classic fiberglass runabout "Marilyn's Meteor Mate"

In addition, The Boathouse will operate the "Venezia," a 1984 40-foot Venetian Water Taxi for champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberry cruises for 16-20 people. Tickets to be sold at The Boathouse.

Thanks for the great update! Of all the new things we currently know are coming to Disney Springs the Boat House currently is the most interesting one to me.

flyerjab

View attachment 89091

Great update! The Boathouse seems to be turning into a truly unique experience. It is the type of dining experience that makes me want to visit this destination.

There are several posters that discount this expansion entirely and say that it 'doesn't count' as anything in the grand scheme of expansion at WDW. I disagree completely with that opinion. I think that places like The Boathouse, as well as STK and Morimotos, will help improve the experience. And there are still a few locations on The Landing that haven't been announced yet.

71jason

It does say something about to what degree Disney is doing things for this area... that's a good thing. Question is do they have good people picking the right horses to back? I guess we wait and see

^ This exactly. I have no doubt the Boathouse will look amazing--the building design is already iconic, and the boats will only help things. The real question is, with $300/hour boat rentals and plates rumored to start at $40, will guests ooh and ahh over the boats before moving on to Earl of Sandwich? Every theory I've heard about the target market for these high-end restaurants flies in the face of real world experience in Orlando.

mm121

saw a link today showing the prices of food at boathouse, and WOW.. OUTRAGEOUS!!!

I mean rainforest and dino aren't anywhere close to cheap, but seemed like boathouse was way more.

saw people commenting about $23 for a SIDE of asparagous, a fruit cup is $10, french fries as a SIDE was like $7

This isn't the article i saw earlier, but thought some might wanna read

Disney World's New Restaurant, The Boathouse, Will Serve a $115 Steak

There will also be $17 sides of mac and cheese and $24 crab cakes

definitely not a place to take the kids

found the original article i saw this morning
First Look! Menus and Food Photos for The Boathouse Restaurant Opening Soon at Disney World

with these crazy prices i kinda hope it goes out of business just as fast as it opens, just because its new and shinny doesn't mean it has to be outrageous.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

saw a link today showing the prices of food at boathouse, and WOW.. OUTRAGEOUS!!!

I mean rainforest and dino aren't anywhere close to cheap, but seemed like boathouse was way more.

saw people commenting about $23 for a SIDE of asparagous, a fruit cup is $10, french fries as a SIDE was like $7

This isn't the article i saw earlier, but thought some might wanna read

Disney World's New Restaurant, The Boathouse, Will Serve a $115 Steak

There will also be $17 sides of mac and cheese and $24 crab cakes

definitely not a place to take the kids

found the original article i saw this morning
First Look! Menus and Food Photos for The Boathouse Restaurant Opening Soon at Disney World

with these crazy prices i kinda hope it goes out of business just as fast as it opens, just because its new and shinny doesn't mean it has to be outrageous.
That's not really far off from the other steakhouses on property. Still very high, but it's a $115 tomahawk steak for two.

mm121

That's not really far off from the other steakhouses on property. Still very high, but it's a $115 tomahawk steak for two.
just disappointing after all the hype and build up to find out this isn't the kind of place a family can go without spending a million dollars

i mean we all know meals aren't cheap at Downtown disney or disney in general, but this place just seems crazy.

and the menu implies that everything is sold separately.

meaning for that 115 steak, which is 57.5 a person, you'd then spend another 20 a person on sides, bringing it to 155 for an entree and sides, drinks,desert, tip not included.

all i guess the non 1% can hope for is some kind of lunch menu if we ever wanna enjoy the inside of the boathouse

just not sure a steaks the price of gold place is the realm they should be moving downtown disney too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom