The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

RayTheFirefly

Really really expensive seafood. The rumor is it's $40 to $60 a plate but I have yet to see the menu to confirm.
As a Louisiana native, I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to this place, but if it's literally going to be fried seafood platters, I'll stay at home and pay $6 at the fresh seafood market a few houses down from me.

roj2323

As a Louisiana native, I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to this place, but if it's literally going to be fried seafood platters, I'll stay at home and pay $6 at the fresh seafood market a few houses down from me.

hold your horses. Theres a rumor flying around that Fulton's might be converted into a New orleans style menu. Besides I highly doubt we are seeing the entire menu.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 27. A porthole has been installed at the corner of the construction wall at The Boathouse. Guests can now see the front courtyard and the Amphicar ramp and staging area. See for yourself in the below photos, looking from left to right through the porthole.

IMG_5197.JPG

The turntable will enable the Amphicars to be manually turned around for water re-entry, as there is not enough room in the courtyard to drive the car around at the top of the ramp. The view is right next to the outdoor stage between The Hangar and The Boathouse.

IMG_5195.JPG

IMG_5194.JPG

The Boathouse retail store is on the right under the tower, for easy access from the Disney Springs walkway. Merchandize is already positioned in the windows. Sorry for the reflection in the porthole window.

IMG_5196.JPG

Additional photos from the base of the ramp.

IMG_5192.JPG

In this last photo, you can see some of the outdoor seating stacked up on the deck, awaiting to be positioned.

IMG_5193.JPG

mm121

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 27. A porthole has been installed at the corner of the construction wall at The Boathouse. Guests can now see the front courtyard and the Amphicar ramp and staging area. See for yourself in the below photos, looking from left to right through the porthole.

View attachment 88377

The turntable will enable the Amphicars to be manually turned around for water re-entry, as there is not enough room in the courtyard to drive the car around at the top of the ramp. The view is right next to the outdoor stage between The Hangar and The Boathouse.

View attachment 88378

View attachment 88380

The Boathouse retail store is on the right under the tower, for easy access from the Disney Springs walkway. Merchandize is already positioned in the windows. Sorry for the reflection in the porthole window.

View attachment 88381

Additional photos from the base of the ramp.

View attachment 88382

In this last photo, you can see some of the outdoor seating stacked up on the deck, awaiting to be positioned.

View attachment 88383

thats kinda cool they put a porthole in the construction wall.

i hope they have more than 3 amphicars though, otherwise the lines gonna be so long

are the amphicars gonna be like the new boat rentals for disney springs since they closed down the marketplace boat rentals?

just hope they dont charge a million dollars to take them for a spin

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really don't think they're going to let guests drive those, but I could be wrong. I just assumed there would be a driver, and they would drive YOU around. I also think it'll be quite pricey due to the limited quantities available.

Yeah, that's how I assume it will work.

WDWtraveler

i hope they have more than 3 amphicars though, otherwise the lines gonna be so long

are the amphicars gonna be like the new boat rentals for disney springs since they closed down the marketplace boat rentals?

just hope they dont charge a million dollars to take them for a spin

The Boathouse has a total of 9 Amphicars, with 8 fully restored, and the 9th for parts. The Amphicars will be "driven" by qualified and uniformed employees who will take guests on a 20-minute narrated excursion of the lakefront at Disney Springs. Tickets, price TBD, will be sold at The Boathouse's gift store. Currently, the Amphicars are planned to be available (weather permitting) from 10 AM to 10 PM. Information from The Boathouse Orlando news releases and discussions with cast members.

mm121

I really don't think they're going to let guests drive those, but I could be wrong. I just assumed there would be a driver, and they would drive YOU around. I also think it'll be quite pricey due to the limited quantities available.

thats no fun :( to not be able to drive it

but i can see that being the case for legal reasons since hey wouldn't want amphicars crashing into the marketplace to west side boats. anyone know if they'll build a new pleasureisland/the landings dock?

mm121

The Boathouse has a total of 9 Amphicars, with 8 fully restored, and the 9th for parts. The Amphicars will be "driven" by qualified employees who will take guests on a 20-minute narrated excursion of the lakefront at Disney Springs. Tickets, price TBD, will be sold at The Boathouse's gift store. Currently, the Amphicars are planned to be available (weather permitting) from 10 AM to 10 PM. Information from The Boathouse Orlando news releases and discussions with cast members.
with the driver they only hold what like 3 people?

with two of those being in the tiny back seat

LAME

sounds like they shoulda just bought a duck instead

w_widells_ducks_lg.jpg

Mouse Detective

thats no fun :( to not be able to drive it

but i can see that being the case for legal reasons since hey wouldn't want amphicars crashing into the marketplace to west side boats. anyone know if they'll build a new pleasureisland/the landings dock?
Looks like the dock is being constructed right now from where the bypass used to connect between Paradiso and Hanger Bar.

mm121

The Boathouse has a total of 9 Amphicars, with 8 fully restored, and the 9th for parts. The Amphicars will be "driven" by qualified and uniformed employees who will take guests on a 20-minute narrated excursion of the lakefront at Disney Springs. Tickets, price TBD, will be sold at The Boathouse's gift store. Currently, the Amphicars are planned to be available (weather permitting) from 10 AM to 10 PM. Information from The Boathouse Orlando news releases and discussions with cast members.

also that seems really labor intensive to have drivers for like 2/3 people riding

wasn't there an old disney boat ride that ended up having to have drivers which made it totally non cost effective to run so it got closed.

WDWtraveler

with the driver they only hold what like 3 people?

with two of those being in the tiny back seat

sounds like they shoulda just bought a duck instead

Yes, the Amphicars are restored to original condition, with upgrades to the engine for performance, cooling, and noise improvements. You are paying to ride in a piece of history, with only four total seats...three guests at a time.

The Boathouse will also have a large Italian-style water taxi that will carry a good-sized group on evening dessert and drink cruises around the lake. Tickets to be sold at The Boathouse. There is also a small antique water craft driven by Boathouse personnel available for two guests on a personalized lake tour. I suspect it may be like the Chris-Craft excursion from the Yacht Club resort...but I am not 100% sure.

Remember...this is a Steven Schussler Creative concept, part of The Boathouse upscale package. I'm sure a "duck" water craft would just not do....http://www.schusslercreative.com/

Here is the link to the official Boathouse website. The only tabs across the top that work are "About" (see the video interview with Steven Schussler) and "Gallery."
http://www.theboathouseorlando.com/#

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
also that seems really labor intensive to have drivers for like 2/3 people riding

wasn't there an old disney boat ride that ended up having to have drivers which made it totally non cost effective to run so it got closed.
If they offer 20 minute rides that's 3 per hour. 1 driver per car who is likely making $10 per hour with the bulk of his/her pay coming from tips. I'm guessing $50 to $80 per trip. Maybe $60 base rate including 2 guests plus $10 per extra guest up to 4. That's likely over 2 grand a day to cover the cost of the cars plus profit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom