The Boat House construction at Disney Springs The Landing

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The white building was the original concept art for the boathouse. The shopping area was supposed to look like this:
image.jpg

More recent concept art for the town center area shows an outdoor shopping area. I'm assuming the indoor section is no longer in the plans.

SirLink

The white building was the original concept art for the boathouse. The shopping area was supposed to look like this:
View attachment 87811

More recent concept art for the town center area shows an outdoor shopping area. I'm assuming the indoor section is no longer in the plans.

Show me the concept art. There is still supposed to be two indoor shopping areas going off the model.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That's just a part of the landing though. I also still believe that the indoor section is part o the plans, more or less directly "behind" the above render.
I hope that's true. I took this as replacing the indoor shopping from the original art with an outdoor mall area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's just a part of the landing though. I also still believe that the indoor section is part o the plans, more or less directly "behind" the above render.

EDIT: Found some "proof":
DXJmOvh.png

That picture and what you have marked is the Town Center, the landing is the old PI, but you are right, the model does show an indoor section so hopefully they still plan to build that.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Mar 25. There are three restored Amphicars on the parking apron and water entry ramp at The Boat House today. Later in the day, the cars were positioned on the ramp in full view, but I didn't have a camera at the time. The Boathouse limited test meals will be second week of April, with opening mid-April, if not earlier.

IMG_5169.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

Here is the water entry ramp for the Amphicars, next to The Boathouse.

IMG_5170.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom