the beach...ahhhhhhhhhhh

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
hey guys!
I headed to the beach today. Its not like its anything special coz go everyday, but today seemed somewhat relaxing. I stayed for 6hrs. It was teh first day of my summer vacation..and it was great. i got a tan and my hair turned dirty blonde! ( i can live up to the "dumb blonde" theroy now! lol) It was soo tranquil and the water was warm so we dipped in for about 2hrs! I didnt ge toally burned like last time. I i was a lobster! Im not exagerating either..i was litterllay red and in major pain..it was great coz everyone was like poor susan..lol. So i was wondering how do ya'll llike the beach and if soo how often do u go and how long do u stay?

Susan

Maria

What´s the closest beach to your home? Do you live at the beach?

The closest one to my home is about a 30 mins drive. It looks like Clearwater Florida, with white sand beaches and the ocean looks exactly the same. :animwink: We go there mostly during July and August when everybody moves to their beach houses for two months and the city stays sooooooo quiet! It´s so nice! hehehe... even the nightlife moves to the discos at the beach. Niiiice... :animwink:

CmdrTostada

If I ever goto the beach its just to walk around. I usually goto the beach here called Lido, I think, Maria, you said that youve been there. Then I usually walk around the circle, right next to the beach, where all the stores are.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'll go to the beach, but I don't swim in the ocean....not unless they start chlorinating it :)

Give me a pool anyday:p

CmdrTostada

Yea if you go swimming in the ocean and then you get out you get sand all over you, and then you get in the car and you get sand in the car, and then you have to vacuum the car.

Maria

Oh come on.... you get a much better tan with the salty water! And you can always "rinse" with non salty water! :D :animwink:

OldKeyWest24

Original Poster
Originally posted by Maria
What´s the closest beach to your home? Do you live at the beach?

The closest one to my home is about a 30 mins drive. It looks like Clearwater Florida, with white sand beaches and the ocean looks exactly the same. :animwink: We go there mostly during July and August when everybody moves to their beach houses for two months and the city stays sooooooo quiet! It´s so nice! hehehe... even the nightlife moves to the discos at the beach. Niiiice... :animwink:
the beach is 10 mintues depending on traffic. It so great to live here because we arent benneys anymore..lol

Susan

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I am ditching.....ehm....taking a day off tomorrow.....
Taking the car to the dealership to get a check up....
then off to get a hair cut....then I might jusy head on over to the beach....90 degree and upwards temps all weekend!!!!!!!!!!!....bout time......stupid chicago weather...and those Canadians with there cold fronts...Oyi! ;) :)

Did I mention there will be a Cubs home game... every day till Monday to!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :p

The Mom

Premium Member
I'll be heading to the beach tomorrow...Amelia Island Plantation ....I thought we were going to the Ritz! :mad:

Our beach is about 20 mins away, although I know a few people who live on the ocean. (and my daughter has so many friends who live on the beach that they never go anymore!)

Erika

Originally posted by DMC-12

Did I mention there will be a Cubs home game... every day till Monday to!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :p

Yay, I know! I MIGHT get to go on Sunday. OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

nikimsu2002

Every beach near me has been labeled as "contaminated" so that means no swimming in them. Stupid Great Lakes in Detroit. Since it is going to be 90 degrees (FINALLY!) tomorrow maybe I'll head to the pool! :)

tybroid59

We have some nice baches in Uk but IMO none of them are up to much ....there are some good ones in Wales and the south of England but thats 3 hours plus for me so im green with envy that you are close to some brilliant beaches ...........one day when im old and grey ill retire to a beach hut ..

ENGLAND ENGLAND

kal1484

SUNBLOCK!!!!

This is my tip for today, because today I got burnt to a crisp. I took my sister and friend to Deep River Waterpark in Indiana, about an hour drive, well, i had them put on sunscreen in the car, so we wouldnt forget, and guess who forgot. LOL Oh well, maybe it will go to a tan!!!!

Gaffer42ca

No one thinks of Toronto (or Ontario) as having nice beaches but there are some really good ones just a walk from downtown. And if you go farther east around the lake you come to a Provincial Park called Sandbanks - MASSIVE sand dunes that look like - well - I've been to Florida and California and haven't seen the like. There's even two hotels buried under the dunes. (so they say) Pictures of the area from long ago show two hotels where two honkin' great sand dunes are now, thogh!

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Gaffer42ca
No one thinks of Toronto (or Ontario) as having nice beaches but there are some really good ones just a walk from downtown. And if you go farther east around the lake you come to a Provincial Park called Sandbanks - MASSIVE sand dunes that look like - well - I've been to Florida and California and haven't seen the like. There's even two hotels buried under the dunes. (so they say) Pictures of the area from long ago show two hotels where two honkin' great sand dunes are now, thogh!

You must really like to walk! ;) We always drove there. I never went beyond The Beaches, though.

Sheri

The beach I'd usually go to is about 40 minutes...and it has a stupid name-Ocean Beach...I mean, YEAH, it IS an ocean, right? :rolleyes:

BUT, I'll go to the beach...I just don't really like it. I don't trust all the little sea creature things, lol. I prefer my pool and my lake property :)

Tigggrl

I lived right on Siesta Key beach for 7 years...I went to the gulf maybe half a dozen times...Evacuating cuz of hurricanes was no fun either...I dont miss it at all!

james4023464

I live in Virginia Beach, it's a good 10 minute drive to the beach to my house, and I am an hour away from the outer banks, just got back from there yesterday:D

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
YAY!

I got sun today!!...I am no longer a REALLY pasty white guy now:lol:....I got alot of R N R to.....:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom