The baby swap option? (or whatever it's called)

oakback

Original Poster
I read about that option, if you have a child too small for a ride, one parent can ride, then the other without waiting in line again. How does that work? The info I read said to ask a cast member, but I like to know what to expect in advance.

Do you just hang out near the front of the line for a few rounds?

LiveyMouse22

What you have to do is bring the baby to a CM that is at the entrance of the fast pass line and ask them for a baby-swap ticket. They will then give you the ticket and one of the parents can ride and then the other parent will stay off with the baby and when the rest of your party gets off the ride the ticket enables the other parent to ride with a certain amount of people. If I remember correctly I think it is about 3 extra people but don't hold me to it. The parent with the baby-swap ticket will either use the fast pass line or be able to go through doors to get to the front of the line led by a CM. Hope this helps! :wave:

WDWmazprty

Well, you go to the CM at the line entrance and just say that you need a child/baby swap, and they'll give you and your spouse a ticket. One of you goes on with your child and then when you get off your spouse can go right in the 'fast' line when its her turn.

We've done it a million times.:wave:

foreverbelle

this is great to know. i have always heard of it but never understood. thanks. we will dif. be using this one come next year on our vacation...

usnret04

Any suggestions on riding rides with 3 children and two parents?

Do most of the rides allow more than two people per seat? If so that would solve some issues.

My kids are 10, 8 and 3.

Thanks!

lebeau

Any suggestions on riding rides with 3 children and two parents?

Do most of the rides allow more than two people per seat? If so that would solve some issues.

My kids are 10, 8 and 3.

Thanks!

I think it vaires ride to ride. You should ask how many the ticket is good for. I think some of them have it printed on the ticket.

On most rides, I think you'll be fine.

Most rides you will be able to split 3 and 2. On the few that are only two seaters, correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3 year old will probably be too short anyway, so you'll have to do the kid swap and go one adult and one child, then one adult and one child. On the anything that is only two seater that all 5 of you can go on, I would go an adult and the three year old, let the 8 and 10 ride together, and the other adult ride alone behind the two kids...
JMO

erstwo

Just as an FYI - in case you were looking for info on the Rider Switch option (what the "baby switch" is actually called last I heard)- When you get the rider switch for say, Space Mountain, it will read "Good for up to 3 riders"

So your spouse could ride with the 10 and 8 year old, while you wait with the 3 year old. Then you can ride with the 10 and 8 year old, while your spouse waits with the 3 year old.

Another Question About Baby Swap...

I have an additional question about the baby swap...

We'll be going with our 9 month old and meeting up some days with my sister and her husband who will be taking their 8 month old. Will all 6 of us be able to go and let them know we want to do the baby swap and have me and my husband stay behind with the babies while they ride and then they stay with the babies while me and my husband ride? :confused:

WeLuvDisney

I have an additional question about the baby swap...

We'll be going with our 9 month old and meeting up some days with my sister and her husband who will be taking their 8 month old. Will all 6 of us be able to go and let them know we want to do the baby swap and have me and my husband stay behind with the babies while they ride and then they stay with the babies while me and my husband ride? :confused:

Great question and I would lke to know that too. Going with my 1 year old twins, Husband, Mom, and Sister. 2 will go on and stay with the kids, then the other can go on??

sublimesting

So we don't get to wait in ine together? that really sucks...I don't want to wait in line by myself while the DW watches the baby and vie versa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom