The Awesome 80s

darthdarrel

Originally posted by mansionmaiden
how can we be having an eighties discussion with out discussing adam ant? i think he would have made a great jack sparrow...twenty years ago...and thank you darth for mentioning the great gary numan.

:)
Your welcome! Got to Love Gary Numan! :D

pinkrose

Hey Lisa... I've pulled out my old Duran Duran videos. :lol: Right now I'm watching that Cinamax concert they did a long time ago. lol Let's just say it's a well worn tape.

What's sad is that I still remember the moves at the right times in the show. :lol:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Pippa, I wanted to go to Live Aid at RFK in Philly, but that was the day my uncles twins were christened, and since my parents were the Godparents, I had to go to that instead. I still watched it as much as I could (with Miss Chris sound asleep on my lap :) )

I need to find a photo of me from the 80s. I have one of my hair I should scan in :lol:

Eliz, I am going to burn those cds for you tomorrow, promise :)

Gary Neuman, one hit wonder. How about Thomas Dolby?

She blinded ME! With...SCIENCE!

Ellen Ripley

sorry i have to defend one of my boys. gary numan was more than just a one hit wonder. he has at least three solid masterpiece albums. in the states we only saw the 'cars' video, but he had other hits like, 'down in the park' (covered a few years ago by the foo fighters), 'me i disconnect from you', 'are friends electric?', just to name a few. thomas dolby was pretty cool too. besides 'she blinded me with science', he also had a minor hit with 'radio silence'.

:)

wdwhoneymooner

No hit wonder:

Tony Bazil (sp)?

"Oh Mickey you're so fine
you're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!"

Did she ever have another hit song?

big80sanddisney

For those of you who haven't already visited, I'd like to recommend this website:

The 80s Movies Rewind

I'm a writer for the website, having done pages on movies ranging from "8 Million Ways To Die" to "UHF".

Disney movies saw a revival in the 80s...Between Walt Disney Pictures and Touchstone Pictures, we saw movies like:

"Splash"
"Flight Of The Navigator"
"The Great Mouse Detective"
"Ruthless People"
"The Color Of Money"
"Outrageous Fortune"
"Hello Again"
"Good Morning, Vietnam"
"Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
"Oliver & Company"
"The Little Mermaid"

And what thread about the 80s is complete without mentioning "Scarface"?

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Sincerely,

John "big80sanddisney" Kilduff

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Listening to "Always Something There To Remind Me" by Naked Eyes :) LOVE IT!!

Watched Ferris Bueller this morning...what a great way to start a dismal dreary day :)

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Road Rage is sooooo 90s :lookaroun

Flashdance was on WE late last night..but I fell asleep around the part where she breaks Michael Nouri's window :lol:

Wckd Queen

Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Pretty in Pink has been on quite a few times this past week too. Geez, I'm startin' to feel old.:lol:

Oh yeah! It KILLS me when I see Pretty in Pink or Breakfast Club on AMC...American Movie CLASSICS! To me, its got to be old, in black & white and starring Cary Grant or John Wayne to be CLASSIC! Not something from my college days :eek:

IM NOT THAT OLD!! :lol:

tigsmom

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
Oh yeah! It KILLS me when I see Pretty in Pink or Breakfast Club on AMC...American Movie CLASSICS! To me, its got to be old, in black & white and starring Cary Grant or John Wayne to be CLASSIC! Not something from my college days :eek:

IM NOT THAT OLD!! :lol:

Classic: definitive: authoritative and perfect as a standard of its kind
Sounds right to me.:wave:

wdwhoneymooner

Old is when we were still in school and people spoke about The 60's and 50's. Now you've got kids oblivious to what a cassette single is.:lol: Never mind the Atari 2600 system or the Pong set you got from Radio Shack......

Speaking of Radio Shack, did anyone else ever get that "Build your own radio receiver" set? :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom