The attraction that represents the Disney Spirit the most.

cabihler

spirit of disney

when i hear spirit of disney i think of the dream of walt and what was in his heart. obviously he was a business man but i think to him the meaning of family and respect & love for all mankind was his spirit so with that in mind there are 2 that embodies Walt's Spirit of Disney .....

SMALL WORLD
SPACESHIP EARTH

Nemo14

Everything in the Magic Kingdom has that Disney Spirit. Most of all Cinderella's Castle... but as far as rides go, the Dumbo Flying Elephants and / or the Tea Cups really do it for me... It must have something to do with watching The Wonderful World Of Disney when I was growing up. Seeing the opening montage every Sunday night& thinking someday I'm going to go there. I remember when I came to WDW for the first time and stood in front of the Dumbo ride. It was like standing in front of a classic painting at the Museum Of Fine Arts. I was overwhelmed with emotion. Finally I was actually in Disney World
See, that's how I feel about the Jungle Cruise. Growing up watching the original Mickey Mouse Club and seeing all the news about the opening of Disneyland, I was always fascinated by the Jungle Cuise. The first time I rode it at DL, it was like a dream come true. Now every time we go to WDW, I have to ride it - it's like a corny old relative that you just never get tired of.

casualrdt

Great question…. Too hard to answer!
I would have to say the Magic Kingdom as a whole is Disney but Walt had
so many dimensions it would be hard to pick just one that exemplifies that spirit.
While times have changed it is arguable that most attractions have held up fairly well… but the true spirit lies in the ability to innovate. Think about what a trip to an amusement park would be like today if it was not for Walt? I often wonder if theme driven restaurants and home improvements would be so prevalent if the spirit of Disney was not alive today. That being said I don’t know if I could pick just one attraction.

rileyspaw

CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS would get my vote! WALT DISNEY was always looking towards the future and he emphasizes his philosophy with that "ride".

ldsprincess

i think it would have to be tie between it's s small world and carousel of progress. walt had a hand in both of them and the message that they bring is timeless and beautiful. Both are fun, colorful, and can be enjoyed by children and adults. there's something about those two attractions that never stops amazing me. they're both pretty simple ideas, but they are made extraordinary by the inovation and imagination that is disney!

Jessie&Buzz

After reading everyones answers, I came up with there isn't any 1 thing for me. I think the MK itself captures that Spirit. I get tears every time I see the castle for the first time on every trip. My kids think I'm nuts! Walking down Main Street also does it for me.

sweetpee_1993

After reading everyones answers, I came up with there isn't any 1 thing for me. I think the MK itself captures that Spirit. I get tears every time I see the castle for the first time on every trip. My kids think I'm nuts! Walking down Main Street also does it for me.

Yeah, I agree, it's impossible to nail it down to just one ride or attraction.

Nobody mentioned it and maybe I'm just a big ol' dork, but I always get teary-eyed at the end of the Great Movie Ride at MGM when watching the big movie montage. I don't know why. Guess it's just the nostalgia, the appreciation of the art, the emotions and memories tied to all the old movies as well as the newer ones. I'm weird I suppose but that's one place during every trip that I get all mushy. :hammer:

primetime52

For me it's a tie between POTC and HM. Those were my favorite rides as a little kid (before I could ride any of the Mountains) and they truly represent the classic Disney feeling. Cop and IASW are a close tie for second, but they never gave me the same feeling of excitement that I got from POTC and HM.

csmat99

I would have to say Splash Mountain, followed closely by Philharmagic, PoTC and Peter Pan!

Ok, I really feel strongly you can't use an attraction that was not around when the park opened. So I would say Disney Spirit has to be "It's a Small world". I remember flying down to Orlando from Philly on Eastern airlines back in 77' and they would be playing it's a small world on the audio system and it put me right in the mood before I even got there.

rimousefan84

Splash Mountain would have to be my choice, when I was a kid that was the ride that I had heard so much about. It is one of the rides that keeps me going back and to me that evokes disney spirit.

Honorable Mentions:
Mickey's Philharmagic
POTC
PPF
and (cough) IASW

Beauty_Belle

This is a good question, but also a hard one.
I think CoP or It's a Small World for they were the few attractions that started it all at the World's Fair. I also think the the one's that catch the "spirit of Disney" (and ones he would be proud of) are the American Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight, HM, PotC and SSE (hopefully the new version will be a classic). Usually when I think about DW, I think of the classic rides of Disney, the ones where families can go on together. To me, that's the whole spirit of Disney. Enjoying time together as a family.

wdwmomof3

When I think of "Disney Spirit" I think of cheery, bright colors, music, happy characters, and something that touches on all senses. All that, for me, boils down into one attraction...Mickey's Philharmagic. :wave:

I have to agree with you on this. I love this attraction!!

I also love Wishes. It brings a tear or two to my eyes every time I see it.

cooleo

I think TTA, you get the ride & spiel along with the sounds of the surrounding areas you pass by or through.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom