The attraction that represents the Disney Spirit the most.

silverboyd

this is a topic i've never really thought about. I'd have to say, in no particular order:

-PotC (WDW)
-Haunted Mansion (WDW)
-Space Mountain (WDW)
-Splash Mountain (WDW)
-Peter Pan's Flight (WDW)

:ROFLOL:

For me it would be something a bit more modern. I think Mickey's Philharmagic (sp) does it. It's music, comedy, and Mickey mouse. It uses older characters with newer technology. To me this show the Disney spirit by embracing the old and the new together.

jmpman2313

definitly Mickey's Philarhmagic. It stars the most famous character, it takes you through numerous disney classic movies, and all of its 3d-4d technology, it really shows on multiple levels the iteligence of disney and true Disney Sprit

Blackie Pueblo

This is a fantastic topic albeit tough to answer. I see a lot of people name Splash Mountain as the attraction representing the Disney Spirit but I have to respectfully disagree. Simply put the Disney Spirit has to represent the joy of Disney, and what Disney wanted to say. It also has to be something that generation after generation see and know what it is. Too little of the younger generations know nothing about the characters of Splash Mountain. But that is another topic.

I feel the Disney Spirit resolves in... unfortunately..Its a Small World. The reason why is this ride everyone knows no matter your age. The attraction showcases the world coming together to have fun, like Walt wanted with Disney World. Also, it really shows Walt's mind hard at work in entertaining, and bringing families together.

A very close second would be Mickeys Phillharmagic.

"Physically, Disneyland would be a small world in itself-it would encompass the essence of the things that were good and true in American life."
---Walter Elias Disney

jikobean

:) if i had to choose one aspect that encapsulated the disney spirit, i would have to say for me it's stepping onto Main Street USA and looking forward to Cinderella's Castle. i just get so happy and excited as soon as i step out of the tunnel!

lilredfoxie

Carousel of Progress and Its a Small World, both are world's fair attractions that Walt Disney designed and are still popular today

MrBug

:) if i had to choose one aspect that encapsulated the disney spirit, i would have to say for me it's stepping onto Main Street USA and looking forward to Cinderella's Castle. i just get so happy and excited as soon as i step out of the tunnel!
Bingo!:sohappy: We've all seen that classic shot a zillion times, yet every time I see it in person it's such a treat. There's just so much potential... that's the spirit of Disney for me - pretty much anything could happen today and I'm here to be part of it... :)

LeeSeeBabe

Nobody mentioned it and maybe I'm just a big ol' dork, but I always get teary-eyed at the end of the Great Movie Ride at MGM when watching the big movie montage. I don't know why. Guess it's just the nostalgia, the appreciation of the art, the emotions and memories tied to all the old movies as well as the newer ones. I'm weird I suppose but that's one place during every trip that I get all mushy. :hammer:

I definitely agree with the montage at the end of GMR. I haven't even seen all of those movies, but the way the put the music to the movie clips really captures the magic of the movies!

doop

To me, it has to be either Splash Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean. They represent all that is Disney in my mind. They are two of my favorite attractions, and the detail that went into them just blows my mind.

Ringo8n24

I'd say Philharmagic because it encompasses so many magical animation moments from Disney. That is why I love that attraction. I see a little of each movie. :)

Jesùs_Carioca

If you look at it in its own little symbolic way and "ha-whatnot," then my choice would have to beeeeee....The Carousel of Progress! Always moving forward, never looking back, man having a dream, following it by heart, and trust me...it always is a great big beautiful tomorrow to look forward to.

That's what i always considered Disney Spirit.

Haha, but if you mean "spirit" in the sense of which ride would be the best Cheerleader for Disney as he jumps in second half of a basketball game... I'm gonna tie it between "Haunted Mansion" oooooorrrrrr "Splash Mountain"

KingdomHeart

I was amazed that this didn't appear until the end of page three! For me, while Peter Pan's Flight, and Splash Mountain, and DEFINITELY Fantasmic factor in, nothing is quite like Main Street to the Castle gazing.
-Nick

Tom Morrow

My first thought was Splash Mountain, because it embodies the perfect "Disney ride."

But I'd have to agree, in terms of the Disney spirit itself, I would say Fantasmic. Imagination, dreams, magic, love, all the characters - its all there.

ToT @ D-PS
Disney already confirmed that the park will NOT be re-branded as the Disney-Pixar Studios! Seriously people, stop trying to look all "in-the-know" by calling it D-PS.

jt04

Disney already confirmed that the park will NOT be re-branded as the Disney-Pixar Studios! Seriously people, stop trying to look all "in-the-know" by calling it D-PS.

Sorry I forgot, P-DS! Sooner or later, like it or not, you will believe.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom