The All Movies Thread....

trr1

harry potter and the deathly hallows part 2 release date

Mark your calendars, Harry Potter fans: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II' is set to hit U.S. stores on Nov. 11, via both Blu-ray and regular DVD editions. (Unfortunately, UK fans will have to wait until Dec. 2 for their copies.)

If that wasn't enough, the complete box set -- yes, all eight films -- will apparently be out Nov. 11, as well. However, don't get too excited: the info on the box set is still unconfirmed, as are the special features on the 'Deathly Hallows Part II' Blu-ray. Allegedly, the DVD of the final film will include a tour of the Warner Bros. studio lot in London, a preview of Pottermore and a conversation with J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Steve Carell gets dramatic to star as John du Pont for Moneyball director..

Check it out:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ste...o-star-as-john-du-pont-for-moneyball-director

Steve Carell gets dramatic to star as John du Pont for Moneyball director
Comments: Strike Back below!
by: Mike Sampson Sep. 30, 2011

Director Bennett Miller has been developing a biopic based on the life of billionaire paranoid schizophrenic John du Pont for over four years now. Following the success of MONEYBALL, he's finally got the money and the star that he needs. Steve Carell has signed on to star in the film as John du Pont, a scientist and heir to the DuPont fortune who shot and killed a friend on his sprawling estate in Pennsylvania.

Du Pont grew increasingly paranoid that people were out to get him and even lined his attic with razor wire to prevent people from climbing inside. It's unclear exactly what led to the shooting of David Schultz, his longtime friend and athletic partner, but du Pont was found guilty with a mental illness and sentenced to 30 years in jail (he died last year, still in a Pennsylvania prison, at age 72).

FOXCATCHER, named for the estate in Pennsylvania where du Pont spent his time, was written by E. Max Frye and Dan Futterman, who worked with Miller on a preview biopic, CAPOTE.

While Carell has dabbled in the dramatic before - most notably in films like LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE and DAN IN REAL LIFE - all of those films had light and comedic moments. FOXCATCHER could be Carell's first true drama and could very well wind up being his first Oscar nomination (Philip Seymour Hoffman was nominated for CAPOTE and Brad Pitt looks to be a lock for MONEYBALL).

Carell just wrapped the romantic comedy SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD with Keira Knightley, is filming GREAT HOPE SPRINGS with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. Filming on FOXCATCHER is expected to begin this March.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
A Second Clip From The Thing....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82734

A Second Clip From The Thing
Source: MSN September 30, 2011

A second clip from Universal Pictures' The Thing is up and can be watched below.

In the prelude to John Carpenter's classic 1982 film of the same name, opening on October 14, paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) has traveled to Antarctica for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago. But it is about to wake up.

When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew's pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing them off one at a time. And in this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.

Read more: A Second Clip From The Thing - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82734#ixzz1ZRKSvEFo

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Inception, Star Trek and Fast Five heading back to IMAX theaters for reasons unknown.

Check it out:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/inc...ing-back-to-imax-theaters-for-reasons-unknown

Inception, Star Trek and Fast Five heading back to IMAX theaters for reasons unknown
Comments: 2100%Strike Back below!
by: Paul Tassi Sep. 30, 2011

As part of something called "IMAX Big Movie Week," AMC is bringing back INCEPTION, STAR TREK and FAST FIVE into IMAX theaters for a week from September 30th (today) to October 6th. Though all are showing on IMAX screens, tickets are only $7, as opposed to the $12-$15 they usually are for the format.

I guess this might be a statement that implies there aren't too many good movies out at the moment, which is why AMC feels they can give up theater space for films that were released months and years ago.

Strangely, none of these movies were actually shot in IMAX (though parts of INCEPTION take advantage of the format to a degree), so really you'll just be seeing them on a slightly bigger screen than normal, as IMAX these days isn't anything like the truly titanic screens the brand used to boast.

I would probably shell out to see INCEPTION one more time in theaters as I've had a hankering to watch it again lately. For those who missed any of these movies, it could be worthwhile, especially for a reduced ticket price, and looking over the current theater line-up, in terms of pure quality these are likely your best bets at the moment, at least in terms of blockbusters.

Source: Slashfilm , AMC

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Spoilery Dark Knight Rises rumor of the day...

Check it out:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/spoilery-dark-knight-rises-rumor-of-the-day

Spoilery Dark Knight Rises rumor of the day
Comments: 20%Strike Back below!
by: Paul Tassi Sep. 30, 2011

It wouldn't be the end of the week without just one more DARK KNIGHT RISES rumor to throw out there. This comes via Comic Book Movie which can be hit or miss but a few different people sneaking around the set seem to have come to the same conclusion.

Spoilers ahoy, ready?

OK.

Scarecrow is back. Allegedly. Spies say they have seen Cillian Murphy on set, with some giving the further detail that he's wearing a black robe presumably to hide his costume. Murphy and his Scarecrow returned in THE DARK KNIGHT, so maybe they're doing some sort of running gag where he gets caught by Batman in each film? Or might he have a role that's a step up from a cameo? Or is this all just total BS?

Personally, I'd believe it, judging by the multiple witness accounts and the fact that it could make sense for the plot. But who knows until we get a photo, or I don't know, watch the movie.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Game New: Aliens: Colonial Marines Demo Walkthrough

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=82744

Game New: Aliens: Colonial Marines Demo Walkthrough
Source: SEGA September 30, 2011

SEGA has provided us with the first demo walkthrough of Aliens: Colonial Marines. This footage, narrated by Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software, offers an in-depth first look at what you can expect when you step into the boots of a Colonial Marine and take on the menacing Alien threat next year.

Aliens: Colonial Marines will bring new levels of bone-chilling suspense and adrenaline-filled action to the renowned franchise. The game pits players against the universe's ultimate alien killing machines, the Xenomorphs, in claustrophobic environments guaranteed to produce blood curdling thrills that the movie is renowned for.

Aliens: Colonial Marines begins with an ostensibly abandoned ship, the U.S.S. Sulaco, recovered in orbit around LV-426. Players lead a group of highly trained United States Colonial Marines as they board the deserted craft to uncover the fate of the crew. They will have to fight to survive unspeakable horrors and their own anxieties as they chase down the truth behind a galaxy-spanning deception that places humanity at the mercy of the most murderous and deadly species in the universe. Aliens: Colonial Marines features authentic environments, such as the surface of LV-426 and Hadley's Hope, weapons inspired by the film series and is designed to provide an exhilarating and engaging new chapter in the Aliens universe.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is scheduled for release in 2012 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Read more: Game New: Aliens: Colonial Marines Demo Walkthrough - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=82744#ixzz1ZSzaMh4q

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Nolan, Bay and Cuaron Top the List for Twilight Zone?...

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82760

Nolan, Bay and Cuaron Top the List for Twilight Zone?
Source: Variety September 30, 2011

Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. Pictures is looking at Christopher Nolan (Batman films), Michael Bay ("Transformers" films) and Alfonso Cauron (Children of Men and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) as the top director candidates for the new The Twilight Zone feature.

While the 1983 version had four directors helming separate segment (Steven Spielberg, John Landis, Joe Dante and George Miller), the new movie is expected to feature a single storyline with one director, says the site. It is expected to touch on several themes from the Rod Sterling TV series that ran from 1959-1964.

Nolan is reportedly the frontrunner out of the three, though it is not clear whether he will take on the project.

They also add that Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt is in the mix as well.

Leonardo DiCaprio will produce through his Appian Way, along with Jennifer Killoran Davisson and George DiCaprio. Rand Ravich and Jason Rothenberg wrote the script.

Read more: Nolan, Bay and Cuaron Top the List for Twilight Zone? - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82760#ixzz1ZihFbye2

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Holiday Release Date Changes & More....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82808

Holiday Release Date Changes & More
Source: ComingSoon.net September 30, 2011

Hollywood studios made some notable release date changes to big movies this week.

First up, DreamWorks Animation and Paramount have decided to release Puss In Poots one week earlier on October 28. On its new date, the other releases include Anonymous, In Time and Johnny English Reborn, while Johnny Depp-starrer The Rum Diary gets a limited release that day.

Then we move forward to December, where three movies received new dates. The most interesting change out of the three is Paramount's Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, which is now getting sneak previews in select conventional and IMAX theaters on Dec. 16 before opening wide on its previously-announced date of Dec. 21.

Also moved up two days was Paramount's The Adventures of Tintin, which is now opening on Dec. 21 up against The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, while Disney and DreamWorks' War Horse has been moved up three days to Dec. 25, where it will face The Darkest Hour. Both "Tintin" and War Horse were directed by Steven Spielberg.

Moving beyond the 2011 holiday season, Warner Bros. has moved up drama The Lucky One four months to Apr. 20, 2012. The studio has also set a Sept. 14, 2012 release date for Ben Affleck's Argo. Resident Evil: Retribution is opening on that same date. And, as we previously mentioned, WB has also set an Oct. 19, 2012 release for The Gangster Squad.

Be sure to stay tuned to the ComingSoon.net Film Database for daily release date updates and more.

Read more: Holiday Release Date Changes & More - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82808#ixzz1ZiiGce6e

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
New Videos From The Dark Knight Rises Set....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82841

Movie News

New Videos From The Dark Knight Rises Set
Source: SuperHeroHype October 2, 2011

Christopher Nolan continued the filming The Dark Knight Rises in Los Angeles this weekend and more interesting videos, taken by the fans, have turned up online. They seem to show what could possibly be the production filming the opening scenes, because what you see in the videos should be what happens next after how The Dark Knight ended.

The first three videos are thanks to Batman-News, 'hoopermediaproductio' and 'BlightsBiohazard':

Also, the fourth video comes courtesy of Bleeding Cool and shows the Batwing/copter being lifted up by a helicopter in a Costco parking lot in Los Angeles.

Read more: New Videos From The Dark Knight Rises Set - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82841#ixzz1ZijBsP1F

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Exclusive: Tyrese Gibson Talks Fast Five & Six.....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82746

Exclusive: Tyrese Gibson Talks Fast Five & Six
Source: Silas Lesnick October 3, 2011

2011 has been a big year for Tyrese Gibson. His book, "How to Get Your Out of Your Own Way" hit the New York Times bestseller list, his upcoming album, "Open Invitation" arrives on November 1st and he's starred in two of the summer's most successful summer blockbusters, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Fast Five, the latter of which hits Blu-ray and DVD this week.

ComingSoon.net caught up with the multi-talented star to talk about his return to the role of Roman Pearce, whose previous last appearance in the "Fast and the Furious" franchise had been 2003's 2 Fast 2 Furious. Fans shouldn't worry about him going away again anytime soon, though, as Gibson talks about how Pearce will be returning for Fast Six, hopefully going in production in April of 2012 with a release planned for May 24, 2013.

CS: I guess I should start with some congratulations. You're in two of the biggest movies of the year and an album coming out soon.
Tyrese Gibson: Oh, man, I'm on an all-time high, sir. It's unreal. Everything has just somehow ended up this way. Even the book, man, is a New York Times bestseller. My book, "How to Get Out of Your Own Way." It's all unreal. It's one of the best years of my life.

CS: Well definitely congrats. Moving into "Fast Five," did you have any idea that it might be as well received as it ended up?
Gibson: To be honest, man, the energy felt big while we were on the set. Vin Diesel and "The Rock" Johnson and all the other stars of the film - those guys have a big following and big supporters. You get that energy out there and I was glad that none of the egos and politics kicked in while we were doing our thing. Vin Diesel is number one on the call sheet. It's his franchise with Paul Walker. You've got "The Rock" Johnson coming in and even myself, bringing some funny and some energy. None of this could have happened if any egos and pride had kicked in. It's a salute to the team and the director and the producers and everybody that helped organize the whole thing.

CS: That seems like a really interesting balance because, while you can't have any ego as an actor, Roman carries a lot of it in his character.
Gibson: Yeah, the character is, but some folks don't know how to jump out of character.

CS: What's the process going onto the set? How do you channel Roman?
Gibson: My character is pretty simple, man. He's pretty straightforward for me. Roman just gets uncomfortable often and, when he gets uncomfortable, he kind of expresses it through being funny. He reminds me of "Beverly Hills Cop." That character was always about saying funny things in the wrong scenarios. It's like, "Why are you saying that right now?" That's what my character is all about. We kind of found all that stuff on-set and there's so much stuff you can do with it.

CS: Was there anything in particular that you wanted to have happen to Roman or get to do as an actor when you agreed to have him come back?
Gibson: Everything that we talked about it why I agreed to come back. I wanted to make sure my character was played up a bit. I didn't want him to just fall into the background. I wanted him to have some moments that added to the mission. These things were achieved, you know? Once you know that it's Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's film franchise, you know that the movie is going to be about them. We're kind of the assistants on the mission.

CS: One of the fun things about Roman is that he instantly has a unique dynamic with every member of the cast.
Gibson: (Laughs) I try my best, sir!

CS: One of the things that seems really cool that both you and Vin Diesel do is interact with the fans. He's very into his Facebook group, moderating it himself and you're very interactive on Twitter.
Gibson: Yeah, in fact I might be meeting up with Vin tonight to talk about different things that we should be doing together with this social media. It's all about communication and figuring out what to do. With the Blu-ray and the DVD and all this money and "Open Invitation" on November 1st, I could definitely use some energy with however many million people he's got on Facebook along with the folks that I've got on my Twitter and Facebook.

CS: Since you're already working in so many art forms, is there thought of stepping to the other side of the camera and directing at all?
Gibson: To be honest, I think that the director bug will hit me one day, but I have to become way more knowledgeable about different camera lens sizes and all the different technical things that come with directing. It's one thing to have visions and ideas and to know how to work with actors and another to know exactly how to capture it. That's what I want to do one day. We'll see what happens.

CS: Coming up, are you getting ready for "Fast Six"?
Gibson: Yeah, hopefully that gets going in April. We'll see what happens.

CS: Anything in particular that you want to see happen to Roman?
Gibson: I just want to see him be more of a key player. I want to see him making some of the decisions as far as missions and things that we're doing. To feel a little more part of the mission. Instead of having orders thrown my way, I'd like to take the lead and decide what we need to do.

CS: There were rumors back during the release of "Fast Five" that "Fast Six" would head to Europe. Is that still the case?
Gibson: Hopefully! I wouldn't mind getting out of here for awhile.

CS: What else would you like to do outside of these franchises that have been so big for you? Is there a dream role for you?
Gibson: Yeah, there's a few things. I've written about seven different screenplays and sold about five of the seven. They're all in development hell right now, but there's a lot of ideas. I'm looking around at TV. A lot of actors are doing TV right now. I'm about to write another book with Rev. Run called "Manology." As far as roles, I want to do a real character piece. I want to do a role where I get to play someone. That way I get to remove all my own instincts and habits and just completely submerge myself in the role. We just locked up the life rights for the story of Teddy Pendergrass. Before he passed away, I was like his son. He really took me under his wing. I was the best man at his wedding and I was also a pallbearer. It was like what Jamie Foxx did with "Ray." He spent a lot of time with Ray Charles before he passed on. Same scenario. It's movies like this that I'm really looking to try and step up and make people realize that I do have a little more in me than they probably would have guessed.

CS: How do you balance your time between all these projects? Do you just work when the inspiration strikes you or do you have to set aside, "Today I'm working on a book." "Today I'm doing a screenplay."
Gibson: I've always multitasked really well. If it's scheduled, I'm gonna show up. That's just the way it is. The crazy thing is, a lot of this stuff could have been done faster, believe it or not. That's just kind of me. I could have finished my album much faster, but I was creating delays for myself. But I'm still really proud. This is my best R&B album to date.

Read more: Exclusive: Tyrese Gibson Talks Fast Five & Six - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82746#ixzz1Zj9obKYI

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Morrison Talks Dinosaurs vs. Aliens, Plans Rogue Trooper....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82865

Morrison Talks Dinosaurs vs. Aliens, Plans Rogue Trooper
Source: Daily Record October 3, 2011

Writer Grant Morrison talked to the Daily Record about his and director Barry Sonnenfeld's plans to bring Dominion: Dinosaurs vs. Aliens to the big screen.

"I've just finished the second draft of the Dinosaurs vs Aliens movie. It's what it kind of says on the tin," he told the newspaper.

The story, which has aliens invading the Earth in prehistoric times, will feature dinosaurs as the protagonists.

He also revealed that he plans to adapt Rogue Trooper for Sam Worthington's company, Full Clip Productions. It is based on the sci-fi strip in the British comic "2000 AD," created by Gerry Finley-Day and Dave Gibbons.

Rogue is a blue-skinned, genetically engineered elite soldier who searches for the Traitor General with his three comrades. His comrades are in the form of biochips on his rifle, backpack and helmet.

Read more: Morrison Talks Dinosaurs vs. Aliens, Plans Rogue Trooper - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82865#ixzz1Zk7SsfMZ

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
IMAX Poster for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol....

Check out the poster here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82866

IMAX Poster for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Source: Yahoo! Movies October 3, 2011

Yahoo! Movies has debuted this new IMAX poster for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, directed by Brad Bird and starring Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Paula Patton, Josh Holloway, Michael Nyqvist, Vladimir Mashkov, Lea Seydoux and Anil Kapoor.

The poster features a scene shot with IMAX cameras and that is really Cruise hanging off the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world in Dubai.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol previews in conventional and IMAX theaters on December 16 before opening wide on December 21.

Read more: IMAX Poster for Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82866#ixzz1Zk8ScMGY

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Evangeline Lilly Talks The Hobbit....

Check out the video here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82871

Evangeline Lilly Talks The Hobbit
Source: Access Hollywood October 3, 2011

With her latest, Real Steel set to open this Friday, Evangeline Lilly flew back from the New Zealand set of The Hobbit to attend the Hollywood premiere. That's where Access Hollywood caught up with the former "LOST" star to talk about the upcoming epic two-part Tolkien adaptation. You can check out the full video in the player below and also hear Lilly speak a bit of Elvish!

Read more: Evangeline Lilly Talks The Hobbit - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82871#ixzz1ZoXKUoeL

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
NBC Cancels Playboy Club, Picks Up Up All Night & Whitney....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=82891

NBC Cancels Playboy Club, Picks Up Up All Night & Whitney
Source: NBC October 4, 2011

NBC has cancelled the new drama "The Playboy Club" while picking up "Up All Night" and "Whitney" for the full season. "The Playboy Club" will be replaced by Brian Williams' "Rock Center" starting on October 31st. Until then, "Prime Suspect" will air on Mondays at 10pm.

Here's the announcement on "Up All Night" and "Whitney":

NBC has picked up the new comedies "Up All Night" and "Whitney" for the remainder of the 2011-12 season, it was announced today by Robert Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment.

"We made comedy an important goal for us this season and I'm very pleased to be making full-season commitments to both 'Whitney' and 'Up All Night'," said Greenblatt. "We're thrilled with the creative direction of both shows as well as the potential for them to continue to build loyal audiences over the coming months. We're proud of all of the producers, writers, actors, and directors who have worked so hard to bring these shows to life."

"Up All Night," created by Emmy Award nominee Emily Spivey (NBC's "Parks and Recreation" and "Saturday Night Live") and executive-produced by multi-Emmy winner Lorne Michaels (NBC's "Saturday Night Live" and "30 Rock"), is an irreverent look at modern parenthood.

Christina Applegate ("Samantha Who?") stars as Reagan Brinkley: loving wife, successful career woman, life of the party and, most recently, mom. Determined not to compromise her career or cool reputation to the clichés of motherhood, Reagan adjusts to life with a baby and returns to work with the support of her stay-at-home husband, Chris (Will Arnett, "Arrested Development").

As Reagan and Chris figure out their new life, self-doubt, sleep deprivation and the pressure of today's parenting protocols rattle their confidence. What's more, the endless needs of Reagan's boss, ambitious but vulnerable talk-show host Ava (Maya Rudolph, "Saturday Night Live," "Bridesmaids"), threaten to throw Reagan off balance.

"Up All Night" is a Broadway Video and Universal Television production. Along with Michaels and Spivey, Jon Pollack ("30 Rock") and Erin David ("Saturday Night Live") serve as executive producers. Christina Applegate, Eric Kranzler and Andrew Singer are producers. Said Entertainment Weekly: "The season's most charming yet frenetic new sitcom..." It is listed under "5 Best New Shows."

NBC's new multi-camera comedy "Whitney" is a hilarious look at modern-day love, which centers around Whitney (Whitney Cummings, "Chelsea Lately") and Alex (Chris D'Elia, "Glory Daze"), a happily unmarried couple. Together for three years, the duo is in no rush to get hitched, which seems to get a mixed response from their friends. Said Newsday:"...it's refreshingly authentic, and distinctively Whitney, with her new-generation perspective and brisk verbal rhythms."

Whitney's close circle of girlfriends includes on one side: Lily (Zoe Lister-Jones, "The Other Guys"), a romantic idealist who loves being in love, and on the other: Roxanne (Rhea Seehorn, "The Starter Wife"), a recent divorcee who is practical, cynical, and dreading being single again. Lily and Roxanne's opposing points of view only exacerbate Whitney's own complicated outlook on relationships.

Completing their close-knit group is Neal (Maulik Pancholy, NBC's "30 Rock"), a real modern day Renaissance man - sensitive, cool and knows a little bit about everything and happens to be dating Lily. On the other end of the spectrum is Whitney and Alex's next-door neighbor Mark (Dan O'Brien, "How I Met Your Mother"), a police officer and total bachelor, who claims to be the ultimate player, but likes to talk a good game.

At the end of the day, Whitney and Alex try to have a relationship on their own terms - in a world that expects a more traditional approach.

"Whitney" is produced by Universal Television in association with Stuber Pictures. Stuber ("The Break Up"), Quan Phung, Betsy Thomas ("My Boys") and Barry Katz ("Last Comic Standing") are executive producers along with Cummings and executive producer/writer Andy Ackerman ("Seinfeld," "The New Adventures of Old Christine"), who directed the pilot.

Read more: NBC Cancels Playboy Club, Picks Up Up All Night & Whitney - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=82891#ixzz1ZpstmVzw

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
First Look at Russell Crowe as Jor-El in Man of Steel ....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82895

First Look at Russell Crowe as Jor-El in Man of Steel
Source: Daily Mail October 4, 2011

The Daily Mail has posted the first photos of Russell Crowe as Jor-El on the Man of Steel set in Vancouver.

Crowe stars opposite Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix and Laurence Fishburne in the Zack Snyder-directed Superman movie, scheduled to hit theaters on June 14, 2013.

Read more: First Look at Russell Crowe as Jor-El in Man of Steel - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82895#ixzz1ZqEBL7Fg

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Mister Ed Feature Film Planned....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82908

Mister Ed Feature Film Planned
Source: The Hollywood Reporter October 4, 2011

Fox 2000 has plans to bring the 1960's sitcom Mister Ed to the big screen, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter.

The original series, which ran for six seasons, celebrated the 50th anniversary of its pilot broadcast last Saturday. The show starred Alan Young as Wilbur Post, an architect who winds up owning a talking horse, Mister Ed (voiced by Allan Lane) that tends to speak only to him, constantly putting Wilbur in embarrassing situations.

Jim Mahoney is set to produce the adaptation, of which few details are currently known outside of the fact that Ed will be a real horse with CGI lip movements.

Read more: Mister Ed Feature Film Planned - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82908#ixzz1ZuMMuEeA

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
New Hunger Games District Posters....

Check out the posters here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82910

New Hunger Games District Posters
Source: Lionsgate October 4, 2011

Ever since The Hunger Games launched its viral last month, fans have been able to visit thecapitol.pn to get sorted by District. Now, things appear to be moving forward as each of the 12 Districts has launched a Facebook page and, as fans "like" them, new District posters are being unveiled. Five are currently up and are viewable below with the other seven expected to arrive shortly.

Opening in theaters on March 23, The Hunger Games chronicles a dystopic Capitol which requires its twelve subjugated districts to pay tribute in the form of a teenage boy and girl, forced to participate in the annual "Hunger Games," a fight-to-the-death live televised event. Katniss Everdeen's (Jennifer Lawrence) little sister is chosen in the lottery to participate and Katniss volunteers to take her place. Although persevering through hardship is commonplace for Katniss, she must start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love in order to win the games and return home.

Click on any of the posters below to visit that District's page and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Read more: New Hunger Games District Posters - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82910#ixzz1ZuO5t0gX

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Gets Early Release in IMAX....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82925

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Gets Early Release in IMAX
Source: IMAX Corporation October 5, 2011

IMAX Corporation and Paramount Pictures made it official today that Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol will get IMAX previews five days early, on December 16:

IMAX Corporation and Paramount Pictures today announced that Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol will begin previews in IMAX beginning Friday, Dec. 16 and playing through the film's run at the box office, which begins worldwide on Dec. 21, 2011. This marks the first time a domestic feature release has been released early in IMAX(R) theatres and reinforces the event nature of this highly-anticipated film. Directed by Academy Award(R)-winner Brad Bird, Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol stars Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg and Paula Patton.

Coupled with the early window of engagement, the IMAX release of this fourth installment of Mission: Impossible features approximately 30 minutes of scenes shot with IMAX cameras. These specific sequences will expand to fill the entire screen, exclusively in IMAX, and further immerse the audience in the explosive action and vast scope of the film. One featured sequence includes the unbelievable stunt performed by Tom Cruise as he scaled the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa Tower in Dubai, providing an up-close, you-are-there experience as only IMAX can.

"Brad Bird's Mission: Impossible will be among the highlights of the holiday movie season and we're very happy to share the film with audiences early in IMAX," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures.

"We believe that the early release of this blockbuster film, shot in part with IMAX cameras, will help generate extra buzz and incremental revenue for both IMAX and the box office overall," said IMAX CEO Richard L. Gelfond. "Today's announcement highlights the confidence that both filmmakers and studios have in the ability of the IMAX platform to deliver an unparalleled movie-going experience and generate positive box office results, while showcasing IMAX's flexibility and scale."

"Paramount Pictures, Bad Robot and Tom Cruise continue to create innovative, event experiences for moviegoers and we're ecstatic that IMAX is a featured component of that event strategy by offering fans this IMAX preview of Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol," said Greg Foster, Chairman and President, IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "The sequences shot with IMAX cameras, coupled with the visionary storytelling of Brad Bird and incredible scope of this film will -- mark my words -- blow audiences away."

The IMAX release of Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience(R) with proprietary IMAX DMR(R) (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.

Read more: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Gets Early Release in IMAX - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82925#ixzz1Zubrtxt2

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Kung Fu Panda 2 Hitting Blu-ray and DVD on December 13...

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82920

Kung Fu Panda 2 Hitting Blu-ray and DVD on December 13
Source: Paramount Home Entertainment October 5, 2011

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced that DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2, which earned $661.2 million worldwide, will be available on Blu-ray and DVD December 13:

KUNG FU PANDA 2, DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc.'s spectacular follow up to the Academy Award®-nominated original debuts on Blu-ray and DVD on Panda 2sday, December 13, 2011. Combining non-stop action, beautiful storytelling and stunning animation, the "winning sequel" (USA Today) delighted viewers of all ages with its engaging story that is both "hilarious and full of heart" (WABC-TV). The film earned more than $650 million at the global box office, making it one of the top five films of the year worldwide. In addition to the smash hit film, the KUNG FU PANDA 2 Awesome Packs feature the exclusive debut of the all-new Po adventure Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters plus two free memberships to the popular online game universe Kung Fu Panda World. Packed with even more panda-rific bonus features, the KUNG FU PANDA 2 Awesome Packs will be available with expected pricing as low as $25 on DVD and $30 on Blu-ray. Consumers who purchase this DreamWorks Animation signature entertainment experience on Panda 2sday will get both an awesome and affordable holiday gift – over $75 in value.

In the action-filled companion story Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters, Po and the Furious Five uncover the legend of three of kung fu's greatest heroes: Master Thundering Rhino, Master Storming Ox and Master Croc. Kids can then follow in Po's footsteps to become a kung fu master with Kung Fu Panda World, the virtual online game universe where kids create avatars, play games with their favorite characters, win points towards earning a kung fu black belt, chat with friends and more.

Featuring an all-star cast of voice talent including Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Gary Oldman, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross, Michelle Yeoh, Danny McBride and Jean-Claude Van Damme, KUNG FU PANDA 2 will also be available on a single-disc DVD and in the Kung Fu Panda Collection on either DVD or Blu-ray, which includes both movies, Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters, two free online game memberships to Kung Fu Panda World, and loads of additional fun.

DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA 2 Awesome Double DVD Pack

The Kung Fu Panda 2 Awesome Double DVD Pack delivers a punch with smashing features including:

Disc 1:

"Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness"—See the debut of an episode of Nickelodeon's brand new television series.
Kickin' It with the Cast—Meet the new faces who have joined Po's journey including
Gary Oldman, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Victor Garber and Michelle Yeoh and catch up with the returning cast.
Deleted Scenes—Check out three scenes with director Jennifer Yuh Nelson.
Filmmakers' Commentary—Director Jennifer Yuh Nelson, producer Melissa Cobb, production designer Raymond Zibach and supervising animator, kung fu choreographer and story artist Rodolphe Guenoden discuss the making of the film.
World of DreamWorks Animation—Enjoy promos and more.
Previews
Sneak Peek—A first look at DreamWorks Animation's How To Train Your Dragon Arena Spectacular.

Disc 2:

Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters— Po's all-new adventure.

Additional bonus features:

Panda Stories—A look at the animals that inspired Kung Fu Panda and footage of Jack Black's visit to the Atlanta Zoo to meet Po's real-life namesake.
Kung Fu Shuffle—Master Shifu teaches the best way to find a hidden radish in an update of the classic shell game.
Ni Hao—Learn Chinese! Choose from more than 50 Kung Fu Panda-inspired words and learn how to say and draw the symbol in Chinese.
DVD-ROM:
Legend of the Wu Sisters Game—This exciting game features the three feline villains from Secrets of the Masters.
Printables—Coloring pages, connect the dots, 3D fortune tellers, stand-up 3D characters, pencil toppers and mazes!

Kung Fu Panda World:

· Get two free memberships—each good for game play through April 2012 and valued at $5.95 each per month—to the online virtual game world where kids create avatars, play games with their favorite characters, win points towards earning a kung fu black belt, chat with friends and more! Membership codes must be redeemed by and free membership will expire on 4/30/12. Additional restrictions apply.

DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA 2 Awesome Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Pack

The Kung Fu Panda 2 Awesome Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy Pack includes the following:

Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

Kung Fu Panda 2

Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters

Blu-ray Exclusive bonus features:

Animation Inspiration—Follow Po and the Furious Five on their journey throughout China! See footage of real locations that served as inspiration for the film and learn fun, kid-friendly facts about China.
The Animators' Corner—Features interviews with creators, animators, cast and crew, along with storyboards, music and commentary.
Trivia Track—Pop up trivia, Po style.
Additional bonus features:

"Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness"
Kickin' It with the Cast
Deleted Scenes
Panda Stories
Kung Fu Shuffle
Ni Hao
Filmmakers' Commentary
World of DreamWorks Animation
Previews
Sneak Peek

Disc 2 (DVD):

Kung Fu Panda 2

Digital Copy

Kung Fu Panda World:

· Get two free memberships—each good for game play through April 2012 and valued at $5.95 each per month—to the online virtual game world where kids create avatars, play games with their favorite characters, win points towards earning a kung fu black belt, chat with friends and more! Membership codes must be redeemed by and free membership will expire on 4/30/12. Additional restrictions apply.

DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA 2 Synopsis
Jack Black is back as Po in DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA 2, the fiercely funny, "winning sequel" (Scott Bowles, USA TODAY ) to the Academy Award® nominated original film. In his biggest challenge since becoming the Dragon Warrior, Po must lead his friends and fellow kung fu masters, The Furious Five, on a mission of epic proportions to defeat his most threatening rival yet. KUNG FU PANDA 2 packs a powerful punch that combines non-stop action, beautiful storytelling and stunning animation in an all-new, awesome adventure!

DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA: SECRETS OF THE MASTERS Synopsis
In this all-new Kung Fu Panda adventure debuting exclusively on DVD and Blu-ray, Po and the Furious Five uncover the legend of three of kung fu's greatest heroes: Master Thundering Rhino, Master Storming Ox and Master Croc.

DreamWorks Animation's KUNG FU PANDA WORLD Synopsis
The online virtual game world where kids create avatars, play games with their favorite characters, win points towards earning a Kung Fu black belt, chat with friends and more!

About DreamWorks Animation SKG
DreamWorks Animation creates high-quality entertainment, including CG animated feature films, television specials and series, live entertainment properties and online virtual worlds, meant for audiences around the world. The Company has world-class creative talent, a strong and experienced management team and advanced filmmaking technology and techniques. DreamWorks Animation has been named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" by FORTUNE® Magazine for three consecutive years. In 2011, DreamWorks Animation ranks #10 on the list. All of DreamWorks Animation's feature films are now being produced in 3D. The Company has theatrically released a total of 22 animated feature films, including the franchise properties of Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon.

About Paramount Home Entertainment

Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

DREAMWORKS ANIMATION'S KUNG FU PANDA 2 SPECIFICATIONS

Street date: December 13, 2011
Runtime: 90 minutes
U.S. Rating: PG for sequences of martial arts action and mild violence (Kung Fu Panda 2)
Not Rated (Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters)
Canadian Rating: PG for violence (Kung Fu Panda 2)
G (Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters)
DVD Aspect Ratios: Widescreen version Enhanced for 16x9 televisions (1.78:1)
DVD Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Sound
DVD Subtitles: English, French and Spanish subtitles
Blu-ray: 1080p high definition
Blu-ray Sound: English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD
French 5.1 Dolby Digital
Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
English Audio Description
Blu-ray Subtitles: English, English SDH, French and Spanish

Read more: Kung Fu Panda 2 Hitting Blu-ray and DVD on December 13 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82920#ixzz1ZucDo4mn

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Warner Bros. and Downey Jr. to Reboot Perry Mason....

Check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82930

Warner Bros. and Downey Jr. to Reboot Perry Mason
Source: Variety October 5, 2011

Warner Bros. Pictures and Team Downey are relaunching the "Perry Mason" franchise as a feature film, with Robert Downey Jr. eyeing the title role, reports Variety.

The trade says that, like the original Erle Stanley Gardner books, the Perry Mason movie will be set in the 1930s and feature characters such as Mason's secretary, Della Street, private investigator Paul Drake, and Mason's longtime courtroom nemesis, Hamilton Burger.

Team Downey's Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey will produce with Robert Cort, while David Gambino, Eric Hetzel and Joe Horacek will executive produce with Susan Feiles and Chris Darling.

The producers are currently looking for a writer, whose script will be based on an original story by Robert Downey Jr. and Gambino.

Read more: Warner Bros. and Downey Jr. to Reboot Perry Mason - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82930#ixzz1ZvT6FFZk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom