The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I'm NOT complaining but why is this up already?? Is the 60th "unofficially" starting earlier than the 22nd?? Why are the Diamonds going up already? For the spring break crowds? I figured they'd wait till May. How early did the 50th stuff go up?

The gold paint that was applied to the castle was done by the 2004 Holiday season, but the crowns and other decor was done overnight on May 3 for the May 4th private event kick off. But this seems more extensive in the sense that they are actually covering the castle roofs instead of just placing decorations on the actual castle.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm not sure how I feel about those metallic diamond things. A part of me thinks it looks kinda cool, but the pink on the castle kinda throws it off. They really should have ditched the pink, but I guess that ship has sailed.

Sage of Time

It feels early just because the 50th stuff was seemingly installed overnight. I assumed that the 60th decor would be done in a similar fashion.

either way, I'm happy that this is being done now. Builds the anticipation!

coruscant

If I remember they will have projections on the castle. If that is correct maybe they need to have the 60th decor up in advance to do the programming of that show (understand any possible shadows due to the decor).

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Walt Disney on Screamin':

attachment.php

Figments Friend

Well i*m thrilled to see all the movement happening at the Castle this week.
I was not expecting to see such progress already, which is a nice surprise.
Just might get to see it nearly complete by the end of April.

Those new towers look nice.
Will be interested to see how these come into play with the new Show(s).

George Lucas on a Bench

Is it just me or is that new tower kinda poorly designed? I get forced perspective, but I'm just not getting it here. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like anything that would ever exist. They should have designed it more like a tower that someone could stand on top of or something, not a tiny thing with a huge door.

Also, yay for the return of the toppings bar.

Cosmic Commando

Is it just me or is that new tower kinda poorly designed? I get forced perspective, but I'm just not getting it here. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like anything that would ever exist. They should have designed it more like a tower that someone could stand on top of or something, not a tiny thing with a huge door.

Think of it as a jousting lance storage shed. ;)

Sage of Time

The towers are.... weird. Kinda cluttery. And yah, the scale is really off, like Endor said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom