That time of year: pop warner football

Fairybuzz

Adults raise, teach, coach and counsel children that age; I'm one of them. So yes, believe it or not they can relate.

I never said anything against you personally. So save me your martyrdom.

And anyone can use common sense to see that they're being rude or disruptive to someone else, even at a theme park. Age is not an excuse, particularly for those who spend time being trained and coached.

I just believe:
A. I agree it is annoying
B. My reasoning is parents need to take responsibility for the kids in their charge.

Is that really that much different from what you're saying?

I had little common sense back then I thought I could grow up to become a movie star and move to hollywood. I was a model of rational thinking huh?

Oh my, did you just say the only group that was problematic was CHEERLEADERS?!?!?! Imagine that!

apparently were the scum of the universe!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I just believe:
A. I agree it is annoying
B. My reasoning is parents need to take responsibility for the kids in their charge.

Is that really that much different from what you're saying?

I had little common sense back then I thought I could grow up to become a movie star and move to hollywood. I was a model of rational thinking huh?
And if the parents aren't around it falls on the individual children, regardless of age....

doctornick

Oh my, did you just say the only group that was problematic was CHEERLEADERS?!?!?! Imagine that!

To be clear, the issue was that they were taking up a chunk of the walking path. That could happen with any large group being inconsiderate, not because they were cheerleaders specifically. I've seen other groups -- or even just large families -- be just as inconsiderate.

In fact, my post was to point out that despite it being Pop Warner week last week, I didn't see much of anything that disrupted our trip.

MissingDisney

To be clear, the issue was that they were taking up a chunk of the walking path. That could happen with any large group being inconsiderate, not because they were cheerleaders specifically. I've seen other groups -- or even just large families -- be just as inconsiderate.

In fact, my post was to point out that despite it being Pop Warner week last week, I didn't see much of anything that disrupted our trip.
But you did mention this situation occurred because they were doing cheers.;)

Fairybuzz

And if the parents aren't around it falls on the individual children, regardless of age....

It should I agree. But who's going to be the kid to control the unruly ones of the bunch? To elaborate my middle school had gang members in it, and even the normal boys had "harmless pranks" like slamming someone's head into a locker, and stealing a speaker from someone and tossing it in a urine filled toilet. The girls were vicious and on the say so of just a few of them they could turn all of your friends against you like that. Who would risk being shunned from a group for being the one to ruin all the fun of everyone else just for some people they never met?

Your words young lady. Not mine. This discussion may be better if you stop putting words in people's mouths.

Is there anything I could say that wouldn't be belittled? If so by all means let me know.

If I defend myself I'm being a martyr, If I dare state my opinion I'm not taken respectfully. I've said unpopular things on these forums before but never encountered such hostility.

I have a right to an opinion. I'm sorry it isn't tailor made to satisfy everyone.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Again, spare us the anecdotal tales of woe to defend an untenable position. Simply requesting someone to have a modicum, the slightest iota, of respect towards others has no gender, creed, or even socioeconomic constraints. It's simply being polite. And that is never too much to ask....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It should I agree. But who's going to be the kid to control the unruly ones of the bunch? To elaborate my middle school had gang members in it, and even the normal boys had "harmless pranks" like slamming someone's head into a locker, and stealing a speaker from someone and tossing it in a urine filled toilet. The girls were vicious and on the say so of just a few of them they could turn all of your friends against you like that. Who would risk being shunned from a group for being the one to ruin all the fun of everyone else just for some people they never met?.

Future leaders.

Fairybuzz

Again, spare us the anecdotal tales of woe to defend an untenable position. Simply requesting someone to have a modicum, the slightest iota, of respect towards others has no gender, creed, or even socioeconomic constraints. It's simply being polite. And that is never too much to ask....
:banghead: I AGREEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other people having opinions does not make them hostile.

No but belittling me with things like "young lady" and "Spare me tales of woe" while the poster may not see them as hurtful they are to me. I take that as hostility. I like to discuss as if we are all friends here not politicians slinging mud. They don't enhance the posts they just antagonize. But since people seem to love them I'll just strike them out when I quote and ignore that sentence.

Future leaders.

We can't all be revolutionaries.

Fairybuzz

Let's not forget all the people who spend most of their time with their Internet friends. :D
Lol true :p

But it doesn't make it right and it doesn't have to be condoned, accepted, or explained away.

Its not so much an attempt by me to explain it away, more just an attempt to explain it exists. my apolgies if that wasn't clear

You can't sit there and tell me that every single person here never submitted to peer pressure at least once. If you do I'm not buying it.

MissingDisney

You are the one who proudly stated you are 25 in defense of not being 15. Got a little tidbit for ya, I have lip gloss older than you so yes, you are a young lady to me. If I meant to be condescending, I would have said youngling.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Its not so much an attempt by me to explain it away, more just an attempt to explain it exists.

You can't sit there and tell me that every single person here never submitted to peer pressure at least once. If you do I'm not buying it.
I don't believe I ever even indicated there are those that never submitted to peer preassure, and yes you have been trying to explain it away....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Amazing... I can't believe people defend this chanting while walking around in public.

We goto Disney world to be immersed in DISNEY - not High School cheer chants. If we wanted to listen to chants.. we'd goto some game or competition.

What ever happened to the common sense of 'there is a time and place for everything'

Is it the difficult for people to predict 'this behavior may be disruptive'? Maybe cheerleaders are as dumb as the stereotype if they needed someone to explain that to them.

Fairybuzz

You are the one who proudly stated you are 25 in defense of not being 15. Got a little tidbit for ya, I have lip gloss older than you so yes, you are a young lady to me. If I meant to be condescending, I would have said youngling.

I would prefer youngling actually lol. Young lady is a thing guys call me when they tell me "let me handle it". Just a very negative thing in my head. Sorry about that

A. I don't believe I ever even indicated there are those that never submitted to peer preassure, B. and yes you have been trying to explain it away....
A. Ok so you admit that it does happen. Now haven't most of us done something in our past that we don't realize was wrong until later?

B. My opinion evolved during this discussion. I'll admit it. There have been some compelling arguments here and I've listened to them and made some new decisions.

However I wanted to help people understand why. Everything on this earth has a reason. The sun comes up because the world turns, the stars shine because their big balls of gasses and plasma. We can't just look at people and say "well why aren't you this way?" I don't understand how people can go tanning in those booths does that mean there isn't some reason they do? Why do people smoke? They know its deadly. There's an explanation for them too and who's to say its not valid to them. Every religious person has a reason for being so too. When someone is racist or sexist and their about to explain why I don't go booo shut up!! Because I want to listen. I want to understand why. I don't expect anyone here to change their opinions. I don't expect someone to say "oh those poor kids". Not at all. If someone did I'd be a little scared about now and question whether or not I'm living in some straw man world. Its because I want a chance to explain my position. Thats all. Don't I deserve that courtesy?

Maybe cheerleaders are as dumb as the stereotype if they needed someone to explain that to them.

:facepalm: Should I dignify that with a response?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom