Thanos' Rules for Theme Park guests

todd23

Thanos has always wanted to bring stability and balance to the universe. And now that he has the Infinity Gauntlet, I suggest he start his mission with those who are the scorns of visiting theme parks.

View attachment 290846

Thanos decrees

• Thou shall not walk more than two abreast, or Thanos will take one of your family to be one of the children of Thanos
  • Any family that walks abreast and blocks the entire path, shall all be immediately taken as children of Thanos
  • Thou shall not walk two strollers side by side on a path, or Thanos will take one to be a child of Thanos
  • Thou shall not form a wall with other groups that spans the full width of the path, or Thanos will smash through it with the power stone
  • Thou shall not walk along side an ECV while on any pathway, or you will be taken as a child of Thanos
  • Thou shall not create an continuous trail of more than six people that can not be crossed, or Thanos smash through that wall with the power stone
  • Line up immediately behind the group getting their photos taken by photopass photographer and Thanos will warp you to oblivion with the Space stone
  • Those that wander side to side while walking like drunken Thor, will sucked into the Soul Stone to wander for eternity
  • Those that believe that space in front of a moving ECV is for them, will be mowed down by the power stone
  • Stopping your group in the middle of the pathway, or in front of the doorway, is asking Thanos that you all wish to be taken immediately to be children of Thanos, and he shall oblige
  • Those that look to advance through a queue to 'meet up with their group', but who were never in the line to start with, will be banished to an alternate reality with the reality stone and trapped forever in an endless switchback

With these rules, Thanos will bring stability and prosperity to the Theme Park universe.
I agree wholeheartedly with the last bullet (those "moving up in line"). I was at Disney World just over a week ago and the line cutting, both at attractions and at bus corrals was a constant problem. I really wanted to confront them, but also didn't want to create a scene. Instead I just gestured at them and gave really stern looks.

ThanksPhoenicians

I agree wholeheartedly with the last bullet (those "moving up in line"). I was at Disney World just over a week ago and the line cutting, both at attractions and at bus corrals was a constant problem. I really wanted to confront them, but also didn't want to create a scene. Instead I just gestured at them and gave really stern looks.
I once watched a lady put her small child in line alone, then sit on a bench for over an hour while we waited in line (this was for the Simpsons at Uni; you could see the bench from anywhere in the queue). When the kid got near the loading zone, she finally stood up and started to push her way through the line to join him. When she got to me, I'd watched too many people do the same thing throughout my trip and I wasn't having it. I wouldn't let her pass--I clamped a hand down on the rail to either side to block the way. She got so angry that I wouldn't let her cut in line that she actually started shoving me with both hands. Eventually, she threw her entire shoulder into me so hard that she was almost starting to knock me into other people, so I had to let her by. The extent to which some people believe they should be given privilege above others is absolutely insane.

matt9112

How about the entitlement of .... Get out of my way......how dare you block my path.
If you want to get through or by someone......crazy thought.... Just ask them to move.

A party of 6 having fun at WDW and you want people to walk single file....behind each other.......what are we trying to do " hide our numbers"....?

Insert forehead slap here......

Entitlement indeed......

i agree lets ban partys of more than 4 from WDW period.....

Tom P.

Which is a problem Disney harbors with how it structures and promotes it's products. See https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...s-about-wdw-after-nearly-10-years-away.944261
I did read your trip report, and I acknowledge that there were many issues that you experienced that would be frustrating.

But my overall point was that for me and my family -- and this is just our own experience -- our trips to WDW are as fun and enjoyable as ever. It still has the magic for us. And it seems like more and more that "fan forums" are being used by people who find no joy in Disney at all anymore, which is strange to me.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
. And it seems like more and more that "fan forums" are being used by people who find no joy in Disney at all anymore, which is strange to me.

You can still be a fan of a team even when they are losing...

Being a fan or hobbyist isnt just about what you like... it can also be about the industry, the art, the science, and more. I've been into Disney my entire life. Its not going to stop just because one piece of disney is losing appeal to me.

Disney is not just about where i might vacation or not

ThanksPhoenicians

Surely you can just say 'Excuse me' and can get by without any issue?

Or am I expecting too much by thinking anyone can just be polite in Disney?
If people were actually being polite, they'd notice they were clogging a whole walkway or, better yet, they'd have the foresight to realize they aren't the only people in the park and, as a result, not cause roadblocks in the first place.

Or am I just expecting too much by thinking people can think of someone other than themselves in Disney?

Last edited:

NickMaio

Not with people like Nick in the parks

Thank you for singling me out - - - - - very childish AND unnecessary!

I have my opinions and you have yours.
If you have a point - - - make it.
Don't just point your finger like a child and call me out. "Ya, he's awful".

This is how everyone behaves where I am from. Talking to each other.......
I am honestly surprised that you expect people to simply get out of your way, non verbally. I never once said I would block a walkway if people wanted to get past- - I actually said, if you read my posts. We walk shoulder to shoulder where appropriate. People started jumping me for whatever reason.
You might want to start thinking more for yourself for a change - - Jump off the bandwagon. It's a long ride to mediocrity, you can do better!
It makes no sense - - - where I live people talk to one another - this is our courtesy.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Surely you can just say 'Excuse me' and can get by without any issue?

Or am I expecting too much by thinking anyone can just be polite in Disney?

So what’s your over/under on how many times a person should be asked to move aside before they act on their own?

I mean... if you are in a place with 40,000 other people... how many should have to ask you to make a hole?

ThanksPhoenicians

I am honestly surprised that you expect people to simply get out of your way, non verbally. I never once said I would block a walkway if people wanted to get past- - I actually said, if you read my posts. We walk shoulder to shoulder where appropriate. People started jumping me for whatever reason.
You might want to start thinking more for yourself for a change - - Jump off the bandwagon. It's a long ride to mediocrity, you can do better!
It makes no sense - - - where I live people talk to one another - this is our courtesy.
Wherever you're from, I hope I never go. Imagine an entire place full of people who are so self-absorbed that they actually have to be spoken to and told that they are being inconsiderate before begrudgingly taking action to correct it. A neighborhood full of people running power tools in the middle of the night next to their neighbors' windows until that neighbor tells them, "Hey, it's 3 AM and we're trying to sleep!" A place where people park in other people's driveways until someone says, "Hey man, that's my driveway, can you move so I can park there?" A city where everyone lets their dogs go to the bathroom on other people's lawns until someone says, "Hey, I'm tired of cleaning that up, do that at your own house!" You see where I'm going with this? The whole point is: when something is so widely considered to be obvious common courtesy, like sharing walkways with other people, you should not have to be asked to oblige--you should already be doing so.

Last edited:

Hockey89

Yeah, your opinion is a joke... 7 people taking up the whole side walk is as self entitled as you get but you are too clueless to get it.... We will just all jump in the bushes so god himself can walk with his family... It's fine... I will just plow through you and laugh... You are just as bad as the people that stop right in the middle of the walk way to look at their phone and expect everybody to jump out of the way....

NickMaio

Yeah, your opinion is a joke... 7 people taking up the whole side walk is as self entitled as you get but you are too clueless to get it.... We will just all jump in the bushes so god himself can walk with his family... It's fine... I will just plow through you and laugh... You are just as bad as the people that stop right in the middle of the walk way to look at their phone and expect everybody to jump out of the way....
Thanks for proving my point - - - -

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom