Thanos' Rules for Theme Park guests

correcaminos

We're often a group of 3. So *gasp* we walk 3 side by side as to not make one feel left out. Though to please Thanos, we do go single file or whatever required when large groups of people are there. We also do not stop mid path if someone gets left behind. We gently go to the side then wait.

Missing_Aria

We're often a group of 3. So *gasp* we walk 3 side by side as to not make one feel left out. Though to please Thanos, we do go single file or whatever required when large groups of people are there. We also do not stop mid path if someone gets left behind. We gently go to the side then wait.

I dunno about Thanos's approval but you have mine <3

jloucks

How about the entitlement of .... Get out of my way......how dare you block my path.
If you want to get through or by someone......crazy thought.... Just ask them to move.

A party of 6 having fun at WDW and you want people to walk single file....behind each other.......what are we trying to do " hide our numbers"....?

Insert forehead slap here......

Entitlement indeed......

images

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I do wish Disney enforced line etiquitte more.

Just because your son ran ahead of you and got to the line before everyone else does not grant you the right to cut through the line to get up to him. Your party got separated? Well they can wait for you to rejoin them.

I saw people several times just 'merge in' mid line as big lines moved through open spaces (like morning FoP line..). Or people getting rejected from the FP second terminal, and then hopping the rail into the normal standby line just a ways back vs going out to the exit and returning.

But besides setting a clear expectation of what is acceptable... Disney can't stop a-holes from being selfish.

LeighM

That's how I treat it. Being disabled I walk all the way to the right when safe to do so in my daily commute so that I'm out of the way for the faster walkers. But I live in NYC so inevitably I get the people who still veer off and run right into me and nearly knock me over (haven't fallen to the ground yet but it's been a near thing) or seriously bruise up the arm I need to use my cane. People with their bags sticking out scrape their bags over my knuckles way more than you might guess. I'll think I'm far enough over and then they don't pay attention and veer/turn suddenly. And that's just for me as a young adult who has some sort of reaction time, I can't imagine for the elderly how bad it is.

Every time I've ever walked in a big group, we try to pair off and walk in twos unless we have a ton of space and then maybe threes. But honestly even at three side by side it makes for difficult conversation so these huge lines don't make sense to me. I mean seriously, what benefit are those people getting out of that? o_O

My husband and I were there with his brother and SIL in March and that's what we did. We paired off and walked one behind the other. If we needed to talk as a group to discuss plans, then we moved over to the side out of the way. Then tried to nicely merge back into the oncoming traffic lol.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I saw people several times just 'merge in' mid line as big lines moved through open spaces (like morning FoP line..). Or people getting rejected from the FP second terminal, and then hopping the rail into the normal standby line just a ways back vs going out to the exit and returning.
We watched a young girl enter the standby line at Soarin and immediately after the first left turn she hopped over the wall into the FP line and there was a group of her friends (about 8 people total), waiting on her near the trun before the second FP checkpoint. My wife and I watched to see if her scheme would work. One person in their group was concerned they would get in trouble. They approached the checkpoint and the girl told the CM her magic band had an issue at the first checkpoint and the CM let her trough. I was kinda impressed with her daring nature and was gonna back up her story because there was nobody in line anyway. The CM just let them all through. What I found odd was the fact that standby had nobody in line so there was no need to attempt their stunt.

Hockey89

Not really 12 - - But yes we walk side by side to talk and enjoy each other.
We are aware of our surroundings - - I would never block off a path.
Walk around us or ...........Seriously - Put your big boy/girl pants on and ask people to move over for you. What is the big deal - honestly.[/QUOTE]
Nah just walk right through...

NickMaio

Can people actually read on this forum - - -I never said I block walkways or prevent people from getting by.
I walk side by side with my company like a normal human being - conversing and enjoying my surroundings.

????????????????????????????????????

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can people actually read on this forum - - -I never said I block walkways or prevent people from getting by.
I walk side by side with my company like a normal human being - conversing and enjoying my surroundings.

????????????????????????????????????

Oh yeah, because 40,000 people can all do that at the same time in the same confined spaces without any cross-over at all. It's wonderful!

You expect everyone else to notify you if your bliss impacts others. Instead of the idea of being CONSIDERATE to others to begin with.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I walk side by side with my company like a normal human being
You said on your upcoming trip there will be 5 people. Considering that if you were each one foot apart from one another to be able to walk comfortably without bumping into each other, that puts the person on the far left appx 7-10 feet away from the person on the far right (accounting for body size and being one foot apart from each other). That is a lot of room to take up and you would be constantly not paying attention to where you are going if you are continuously looking left and right to pay attention to whomever you are speaking to or listening to. On a crowded day at the parks, that just seems a bit absurd. And Im not saying you have to walk single file, but perhaps rows of two or three and you can still enjoy your conversation without taking up so much space left to right.

Hockey89

You said on your upcoming trip there will be 5 people. Considering that if youwere each one foot apart from one another to be able to walk comfortably without bumping into each other, that puts the person on the far left appx 7-10 feet away from the person on the far right (accounting for body size and being one foot apart from each other). That is a lot of room to take up and you would be constantly not paying attention to where you are going if you are continuously looking left and right to pay attention to whomever you are speaking to or listening to. On a crowded day at the parks, that just seems a bit absurd. And Im not saying you have to walk single file, but perhaps rows of two or three and you can still enjoy your conversation without taking up so much space left to right.
Like normal people?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom