Thanos' Rules for Theme Park guests

NickMaio

Serious question....do you walk 6 wide?
If we have space to do so - Yes. - - - There will be 5 of us during this trip though.

I look at walking like a road - - - - - traffic should be able to move in both directions.....cut your path width in half and walk as you wish.
Allowing others to walk the other way or pass by if they are faster.
I ask people to move all the time - - - why not - - that is why we have voices.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Me, me,me,me,me,me - - - - - - get out of my way ....I AM ON MY VACATION!
Newsflash - - - - The Park is not YOURS you need to share it with others. It WILL be BUSY most of the time.

That's the point - SHARE!!! When you act like your family is the only one around... and are INCONSIDERATE of those around you - you are not sharing. You are the entitled one...

I walk and talk with my loved ones. Everywhere.
Sorry if we get in your way. Just walk around.
We are aware of our surroundings.

Not really 12 - - But yes we walk side by side to talk and enjoy each other.
We are aware of our surroundings - - I would never block off a path.
Walk around us or ...........Seriously - Put your big boy/girl pants on and ask people to move over for you. What is the big deal - honestly.

So you want everyone to ask you to move... in a park of THOUSANDS... and do that times every family... instead of people actually having the insight to recognize they are surrounded by THOUSANDS who may not be doing exactly the same thing you are?

And you say you are aware of your surroundings? Clearly not if you think the solution is 'just ask me to move' - you are asking others to step in and address your lack of awareness.

How about the entitlement of .... Get out of my way......how dare you block my path.
If you want to get through or by someone......crazy thought.... Just ask them to move.

How many times an hour do you think the CM greater says "how many in your party?" - because that's what you are asking everyone to do just so you can wander on your terms.

Here is a great example from last week that inspired me to take out my camera and take a picture. It frames the problem perfectly. These people are walking abreast purely because they could... yet block the ENTIRE walkway BOTH DIRECTIONS.

IMG_4517.JPG

See that guy in the suit walking the other way? He's going to forced to squeeze by this group just strolling along because they can't be bothered to be considerate of how much space they are taking up for themselves. See how the lady on the right isn't even walking near the rail? See the length of this walkway in the photo? That walkway is 100yards long... and these people walked the entire distance this way... forcing EVERYONE walking EITHER way on this bridge to bend to THEIR group's desires.

Be considerate of the amount of resources you are consuming vs what you need. That' not other people being entitled, that's called LIVING IN A SHARED WORLD.

KCheatle

By definition, sarcasm is a method of communicating anger about an issue, but in a comical or ironic way. It is normal and healthy to have frustrations with things. In fact, when at WDW in the midst of huge crowds, typically significant heat and humidity, crying children, and parents going bonkers hoping to grant their child's every last wish, you would have to be a saint to not be frustrated by something at some point. I love WDW, and try to take in every moment I can with pure delight, but going year after year I do run into the same frustrating situations, which are pretty much verbatim what OP laid out; with the exception of an addition: Thou shalt not stand in front of a small child seated at the white tape line for a parade and block the view.

Will I do anything about these frustrations that seem to occur year after year? No. I will not yell or shove. Well... I may make a stink eye if you block a kid watching the parade.

In any event, expressing frustrations at WDW (which many of us on this site probably share) to commiserate and joke about is fun, and all in good fun. If you don't personally find it humorous, then there are plenty of other threads to participate in.

NickMaio

You are just ticked that you need to talk to people - - - - to ask them to move for you!

I am expected to walk behind people I am with so you can get buy???????????? Where do you live ????????????? Who rolls this red carpet everywhere you go?

Seriously??? I never said I blocked people in. I try to be aware of traffic flows, I might duck behind some one I am walking with to let someone by, infront or behind.
But I will never always walk behind some one so you can glide on past me when ever you show up - - - "Excuse me" so easy to say.
Just because you are walking behind me - how do I know you want past? We could be walking at the same speed, God forbid??????
This is honesty asinine. Entitled.....oh ya.

NickMaio

By definition, sarcasm is a method of communicating anger about an issue, but in a comical or ironic way. It is normal and healthy to have frustrations with things. In fact, when at WDW in the midst of huge crowds, typically significant heat and humidity, crying children, and parents going bonkers hoping to grant their child's every last wish, you would have to be a saint to not be frustrated by something at some point. I love WDW, and try to take in every moment I can with pure delight, but going year after year I do run into the same frustrating situations, which are pretty much verbatim what OP laid out; with the exception of an addition: Thou shalt not stand in front of a small child seated at the white tape line for a parade and block the view.

Will I do anything about these frustrations that seem to occur year after year? No. I will not yell or shove. Well... I may make a stink eye if you block a kid watching the parade.

In any event, expressing frustrations at WDW (which many of us on this site probably share) to commiserate and joke about is fun, and all in good fun. If you don't personally find it humorous, then there are plenty of other threads to participate in.
Just expressing my opinion - - - - - - - - like the OP

ThanksPhoenicians

If we have space to do so - Yes. - - - There will be 5 of us during this trip though.

I look at walking like a road - - - - - traffic should be able to move in both directions.....cut your path width in half and walk as you wish.
Allowing others to walk the other way or pass by if they are faster.
I ask people to move all the time - - - why not - - that is why we have voices.
So when your family is skipping down the lane six-wide, arms locked, singing 'Let It Go' at the top of your lungs, and someone plows through you and wins that game of Red Rover, by your own logic, you are perfectly fine with that, correct? Because sharing the park for everyone's enjoyment, to you, means that everyone does whatever they want without any respect for others. People like you are why we joke around with posts like this. It's interesting to see that this is the mindset of some of the people we assume are just oblivious to the fact that they're causing a traffic jam.

KCheatle

Just expressing my opinion - - - - - - - - like the OP

Yeah - but he's having fun with it. While I understand you disagree, I think you are overreacting in how you are expressing your disagreement. Again, it's all in good fun. If you don't appreciate the humor, that's fine. Us chatting about it isn't hurting anything, and you can leave us to it.

ThanksPhoenicians

You are just ticked that you need to talk to people - - - - to ask them to move for you!

I am expected to walk behind people I am with so you can get buy???????????? Where do you live ????????????? Who rolls this red carpet everywhere you go?

Seriously??? I never said I blocked people in. I try to be aware of traffic flows, I might duck behind some one I am walking with to let someone by, infront or behind.
But I will never always walk behind some one so you can glide on past me when ever you show up - - - "Excuse me" so easy to say.
Just because you are walking behind me - how do I know you want past? We could be walking at the same speed, God forbid??????
This is honesty asinine. Entitled.....oh ya.
What I gather from this is that you will do whatever the hell you want, and you will continue to do so without any thought given to how your behavior effects anyone else around you, and that you will absolutely not stop until you are specifically asked to do so, because you refuse to bother yourself with consideration for other people.

NickMaio

- What I gather from this is that you will do whatever the hell you want, -

I guess I am more like Thanos than I thought. Having a conversation with my wife and family shoulder to shoulder. Expecting others to pipe up if I don't notice them.........
Finger snap and all.

ThanksPhoenicians

- What I gather from this is that you will do whatever the hell you want, -

I guess I am more like Thanos than I thought. Having a conversation with my wife and family shoulder to shoulder. Expecting others to pipe up if I don't notice them.........
Finger snap and all.
If you honestly think it's acceptable to pay no attention to your surroundings, and that it is everyone else's responsibility to inform you when it's time for you to be considerate of others, then there is no hope for you.

Missing_Aria

I feel like half of these could be applied to tourists visiting NYC. >.<

Ya'll seriously gonna make my gimpy self squeeze through your group with my cane and then knock it out from under me?

Missing_Aria

Walk around us or ...........Seriously - Put your big boy/girl pants on and ask people to move over for you. What is the big deal - honestly.

If you only knew how many times in a day I say the words "excuse me" to people walking side by side only to be ignored. You get like... 3 and then I'm 'accidentally' putting my cane on your toes. Not even sorry.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thou shalt not stand in front of a small child seated at the white tape line for a parade and block the view.

In that vein.. check this out. While waiting for HEA Fireworks.. I've been there 75mins early to save a spot. Next to a trashcan, but it gives some defense..

IMG_4586-s.jpg

That's a double wide trash can. Eventually a couple establish themselves in front of the left can and corner. Later, another larger group establishes themselves in the vicinity in front of the can. A grandmother (probably 65+yrs old) then establishes herself leaning with her back on the trashcan front. And is hanging out there. So now there are two people basically leaning back against the front of this can.

We are waiting for the show.. maybe 15mins or so before start.. so it's packing in. Then, the grandmother turns to the side to reach for something from her family, opening a space... maybe 12-16" wide between her and the other person because she's turning her body. Within seconds, some guy about 20-22 springs over snakes himself in there, and wedges himself between the other person and the grandmother!! Literally trying to push her to the side like she was never there!

Literally, the woman TURNED for seconds and this tries to muscle the little old lady out of leaning against the can!! Totally intentional... I watched it play out right in front of me. Of course I immediately spoke up and called him out... and he scurried away without saying a word. I could not believe the gaul of some people.

As the show started, the family had this little girl.. maybe 6.. that was dressed up as Edna and was perfect. And her Dad was going to hold her for the show. My family is all tall, and we hadn't crushed ins, so we invited her to stand on the ledge there and lean against the fence so she had a clear view. Her sister (maybe 11yrs old) came and helped her stand there.

I also had a young woman who moved into the space next to me... behind that column and light post (completely obstructed) and get mad at me because when I stood up (vs being on the ground) she no longer had a view. Uhh.. duh dummy, you are standing behind a huge column and light post.. and why no one was standing there before you :)

Jedi Stitch

That's the point - SHARE!!! When you act like your family is the only one around... and are INCONSIDERATE of those around you - you are not sharing. You are the entitled one...

So you want everyone to ask you to move... in a park of THOUSANDS... and do that times every family... instead of people actually having the insight to recognize they are surrounded by THOUSANDS who may not be doing exactly the same thing you are?

And you say you are aware of your surroundings? Clearly not if you think the solution is 'just ask me to move' - you are asking others to step in and address your lack of awareness.

How many times an hour do you think the CM greater says "how many in your party?" - because that's what you are asking everyone to do just so you can wander on your terms.

Here is a great example from last week that inspired me to take out my camera and take a picture. It frames the problem perfectly. These people are walking abreast purely because they could... yet block the ENTIRE walkway BOTH DIRECTIONS.

View attachment 291056

See that guy in the suit walking the other way? He's going to forced to squeeze by this group just strolling along because they can't be bothered to be considerate of how much space they are taking up for themselves. See how the lady on the right isn't even walking near the rail? See the length of this walkway in the photo? That walkway is 100yards long... and these people walked the entire distance this way... forcing EVERYONE walking EITHER way on this bridge to bend to THEIR group's desires.

Be considerate of the amount of resources you are consuming vs what you need. That' not other people being entitled, that's called LIVING IN A SHARED WORLD.
Here is the rub in a picture. Most sane people would assume the walk way is like a road, an in the US you stay to the right pass on the left. So here it is like all lanes of traffic is at pace, including in the oncoming lanes. That is what most people would say is the problem, again as in the picture.

Missing_Aria

Here is the rub in a picture. Most sane people would assume the walk way is like a road, an in the US you stay to the right pass on the left. So here it is like all lanes of traffic is at pace, including in the oncoming lanes. That is what most people would say is the problem, again as in the picture.

That's how I treat it. Being disabled I walk all the way to the right when safe to do so in my daily commute so that I'm out of the way for the faster walkers. But I live in NYC so inevitably I get the people who still veer off and run right into me and nearly knock me over (haven't fallen to the ground yet but it's been a near thing) or seriously bruise up the arm I need to use my cane. People with their bags sticking out scrape their bags over my knuckles way more than you might guess. I'll think I'm far enough over and then they don't pay attention and veer/turn suddenly. And that's just for me as a young adult who has some sort of reaction time, I can't imagine for the elderly how bad it is.

Every time I've ever walked in a big group, we try to pair off and walk in twos unless we have a ton of space and then maybe threes. But honestly even at three side by side it makes for difficult conversation so these huge lines don't make sense to me. I mean seriously, what benefit are those people getting out of that? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom