Thanos' Rules for Theme Park guests

ColinP29

So what’s your over/under on how many times a person should be asked to move aside before they act on their own?

I mean... if you are in a place with 40,000 other people... how many should have to ask you to make a hole?

So you're saying 40,000 people are walking in lines of 4 or 5 across the walkway? That sounds pretty organised

ColinP29

If people were actually being polite, they'd notice they were clogging a whole walkway or, better yet, they'd have the foresight to realize they aren't the only people in the park and, as a result, not cause roadblocks in the first place.

Or am I just expecting too much by thinking people can think of someone other than themselves in Disney?
A Roadblock?? It's a theme park mate, what kind of hurry are you in? Relax a bit and maybe you wouldn't be getting so stressed about a few people in front of you. Bet your holidays are fun.

ThanksPhoenicians

So you're saying 40,000 people are walking in lines of 4 or 5 across the walkway? That sounds pretty organised
You might want to re-read. He's asking how many of the 40,000 people need to ask you to move before you get that you're being inconsiderate.
A Roadblock?? It's a theme park mate, what kind of hurry are you in? Relax a bit and maybe you wouldn't be getting so stressed about a few people in front of you. Bet your holidays are fun.
If you've never noticed people clogging a walkway before, then you're more than likely the one doing it.

ColinP29

You might want to re-read. He's asking how many of the 40,000 people need to ask you to move before you get that you're being inconsiderate.

If you've never noticed people clogging a walkway before, then you're more than likely the one doing it.

Yeh, just turn round and there are 40,000 people behind me.

ThanksPhoenicians

Yeh, just turn round and there are 40,000 people behind me.
I can see you're struggling to grasp the point, so I'll help you out. Flynn has given a hypothetical figure of 40,000 people in the park on any given day. You (and I'll use you in this example since you seem to be one of these people) find it perfectly fine to block a pathway, and expect people to ask you to move otherwise you'll continue to block the path. The question was: how many of the 40,000 people whose paths you are potentially blocking throughout your day need to ask you to move before you realize that you're part of the problem? If you need definitions for any of the big words, let me know.

NickMaio

I can see you're struggling to grasp the point, so I'll help you out. Flynn has given a hypothetical figure of 40,000 people in the park on any given day. You (and I'll use you in this example since you seem to be one of these people) find it perfectly fine to block a pathway, and expect people to ask you to move otherwise you'll continue to block the path. The question was: how many of the 40,000 people whose paths you are potentially blocking throughout your day need to ask you to move before you realize that you're part of the problem? If you need definitions for any of the big words, let me know.
You also seem to be struggling - - - - At no point in this ridiculous thread did anyone say that they would block a path with their group, nor did they say that it was acceptable to do so.
The one thing we can glean from this colossal waste of time is that people have different views of what courtesy is and how to show it.

Hockey89

You also seem to be struggling - - - - At no point in this ridiculous thread did anyone say that they would block a path with their group, nor did they say that it was acceptable to do so.
The one thing we can glean from this colossal waste of time is that people have different views of what courtesy is and how to show it.
You have zero courtesy.... Swing and miss...

ThanksPhoenicians

You did, though. You were the starting point for all of this. You said you'd walk as you pleased--and actually used five-wide as an example for your upcoming trip--and said that you'd continue to do so and if someone had a problem with it, they should say something. Almost anywhere, in any park, five people side-by-side would block traffic in both directions. The fact that you'd do that in the first place is a perfect illustration of the "me first!" attitude that this thread was created to poke fun at.

ColinP29

I get the point. So am I potentially blocking them or actually blocking them? This seems like an important part of the scenario so I want to be sure before I answer. If you need definitions of what a condescending cockwomble is, let me know.

NickMaio

You did, though. You were the starting point for all of this. You said you'd walk as you pleased--and actually used five-wide as an example for your upcoming trip--and said that you'd continue to do so and if someone had a problem with it, they should say something. Almost anywhere, in any park, five people side-by-side would block traffic in both directions. The fact that you'd do that in the first place is a perfect illustration of the "me first!" attitude that this thread was created to poke fun at.
Ummmmm, I don't think so...... Please re-read my posts. I never wrote about blocking a path, ever. I was just vilified because I did not agree with some of you. So the finger pointing and name calling insured.
90% of Disney has huge walkways that can easily accommodate many more side by side. - - - - -
Mainstreet - - - - so tight, we really must walk in single file here - my apologies. I was totally in the wrong.
Disney is huge people - - - - get a helmet - life is really tough.

Fall-Time-Main-Street-USA.jpg

ThanksPhoenicians

You showed up out of nowhere with this gem of a comment and you want to call other people condescending? Just because you got your feelings hurt doesn't make you a victim. You're very clearly one of the "me first" people that we're talking about, and you're upset that only one other person feels the same way you do. Sometimes the truth hurts, mate.

Last edited:

ThanksPhoenicians

Ummmmm, I don't think so...... Please re-read my posts. I never wrote about blocking a path, ever. I was just vilified because I did not agree with some of you. So the finger pointing and name calling insured.
90% of Disney has huge walkways that can easily accommodate many more side by side. - - - - -
Mainstreet - - - - so tight, we really must walk in single file here - my apologies. I was totally in the wrong.

Counterpoint:
IMG_4880.jpg

ThanksPhoenicians

Nobody called you a name, they called you entitled. And then showed you why. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less true.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ummmmm, I don't think so...... Please re-read my posts. I never wrote about blocking a path, ever

Sure you did. In fact you talked about how you would walk abreast and you expect everyone else to interject and ask you to move if necessary. Which if you were just in a place with a few people... that might work. But you are in a park with tens of thousands of people.. all of whom are doing the same thing. You can't have 10,000 groups all thinking they can be aware of everything all the time.

It's the same thing as defensive driving... you can't assume you will on top of everything all the time.

Until you have a few dozen groups who all think the world revolves around them and that wide open space turns into a gauntlet of gawkers, stoppers, human walls, and stroller wedges.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
I get the point. So am I potentially blocking them or actually blocking them? This seems like an important part of the scenario so I want to be sure before I answer. If you need definitions of what a condescending cockwomble is, let me know.

So you really think every group is aware fully of everything around them at all times?
Is fantasyland home, or a vacation home for you?

NickMaio

Sure you did. In fact you talked about how you would walk abreast and you expect everyone else to interject and ask you to move if necessary. Which if you were just in a place with a few people... that might work. But you are in a park with tens of thousands of people.. all of whom are doing the same thing. You can't have 10,000 groups all thinking they can be aware of everything all the time.

It's the same thing as defensive driving... you can't assume you will on top of everything all the time.

Until you have a few dozen groups who all think the world revolves around them and that wide open space turns into a gauntlet of gawkers, stoppers, human walls, and stroller wedges.

Where did I say - I blocked pathways?
I said I was aware of my surroundings and the area we walked - That I would never block a path way.
My issue is with people gruffing and huffing for me to get out of the way - when there is more than enough room for them to pass.
And my issue with the OP's comments of only two to walk abreast - that I felt was ridiculous.

Go ahead re-read my post - - - don't put words in my post that were not there.

NickMaio

- Until you have a few dozen groups who all think the world revolves around them and that wide open space turns into a gauntlet of gawkers, stoppers, human walls, and stroller wedges. -

This is WDW - you really need to take a breath and relax.
WDW IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO STOP AND GAWK AT EVERYTHING!

In fact WDW is built on the premise that people WILL stop and gawk at everything - - It encourages this behaviour. It is a special place, a theme park.
Just because you have been there and don't really care anymore does not mean that everyone else needs to do the same.

What are people expected to do - stop and look in the designated areas only- - really ?????
No - Just run to the next fast pass and think about everything that is wrong with your holiday. Money Well Spent

ThanksPhoenicians

What is your counterpoint - - - - - - - ????????
That we should all walk single file - - - - .

Your picture illustrates that during peak times - that single or shoulder walking really don't matter at all.
Your picture is after park closing. Mine was at peak times. I just wanted to show you that I could post a random picture that thinly supports my argument too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom