Thanksgiving suggestions?

dandlewood

Original Poster
As Ned Flanders might say, "howdy ho, Neighboroons!"

Ok, so here's the scenario. My family (8 adults, 2 children, 1 infant) are heading to Disney for thanksgiving (21-26). We're on the DDP and we're staying at saratoga springs.

Any suggestions on where to eat for thanksgiving that can accomodate us? Or where we might have a shot of getting a ADR at this point?

DisneyGigi

Decide quick and call for your ADRs! We went once during Thanksgiving, it was our second trip and we did not realize it would be so crowed. We had went earlier in Nov. a couple of years before and walked into table services fine that trip... not the case at Thanksgiving! We had Turkey legs and fries for our Thanksgiving Day meal :hammer:(at least it was Turkey)
The earlier you can call for ADRS (at anytime) the better and especially at peak times.
If you are looking for traditional Thanksgiving meal .. I have heard Liberty Tree Tavern is great, we are going there in September. You can browse the menus online too!
Good luck! :wave:

Just wanted to add.... the dining line is great at suggesting places that are available, they were very helpful to us when we made our ressies, if something wasn't available that we wanted they would go over what was and times so that we could choose.

Nicole220

We went over Thanksgiving last year and ate at Wolfgang Pucks for Thanksgiving day. The reason we chose to eat there was because they were cooking a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for that night. It was delicious, especially the garlic mashed potatoes!!

tigsmom

Call as soon as possible. Most places have a traditional Thanksgiving menu (each with their own special twist, of course), but my choice would be
The Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK or The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL (either a late lunch or early dinner) because of the atmosphere.

kstella

At this point, you are not going to be able to get anything at MK for Thnksgiving Day. I know this because I made my ADR's about a month ago and was only able to get in at Tony's on Thanksgiving Day and have been calling back periodically to see if I can get in anywhere else. Maybe one of the resorts?

RayLaVeau

My two cents...I had Thanksgiving at the Contemporary once...naw...bring a frozen dinner...lol
Great show, baaaad food...So go with what they are suggesting, hey after all its WDW right?
Beats havin to hang out with all your in laws....anyday!

dandlewood

Original Poster
Hrm... Well, here are our current ADR's (which we're not attached to)

Portobello for thanksgiving (LTT was full up, as was Le Cellier. Alfredo of Rome is down for repairs, and most other places couldn't accomodate a party of 10 and a high chair)

The Luau

the new Tepanyaki (tepanedo?)

and coral reef.

We're paying out of pocket for Portobello, then using up all our dining plan points between the rest of those three and paying for one more dinner.

mousebymarriage

Call as soon as possible. Most places have a traditional Thanksgiving menu (each with their own special twist, of course), but my choice would be
The Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK or The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL (either a late lunch or early dinner) because of the atmosphere.
I totally agree, my personal fav. would be Liberty Tree Tavern in MK:slurp:

WendyisGoofie

We had thanksgivibg dinner there in 2004 and had ressies at Chef Mickeys.We had 12 in our party and the only time they had for that size group was not till 8pm. We had a great time with the charaters and it wasnt that overly crowded.

tomegalloway

Thanksgiving at Brown Derby

I booked the Brown Derby quite awhile back as the LTT was full. Does anyone know what the BD's TGD menu is?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom