Thanksgiving crowds!

mike&pam

We are going to WDW this November arriving Thanksgiving morning and staying until Monday evening. What are the crowds like during this time and anything special we should look at doing there? Thanks for any info given.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In 08 they were hellish in every park, the day before thanksgiving every attraction at MK had plus 40 min wait times by lunch, and e tickets were over 2 hours with no FP left.

The whole weekend was busy and athe MVMCP was a heaving, may be because of AP/DVC discount. It eased off as the week progressed but there was plenty of DVC members visiting at this time.

Were going to Universal over thanksgiving and making the most of Express pass,

Upvote 0

heartodisney

We are going to WDW this November arriving Thanksgiving morning and staying until Monday evening. What are the crowds like during this time and anything special we should look at doing there? Thanks for any info given.
Sammatha Brown had an episode where she was there one or two weeks after thanksgiving...and the crowds looked light...so that is what we plan on our next trip! Good Luck! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

corey154

Thanksgiving weekend is busy, as all holidays at the parks. (unless something magical happens this year) Years past it's been crazy, but then again that's part of the fun.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Unfortunately you have picked the exact dates that the crowds are the largest at Thanksgiving time, i.e., Thanksgiving Day through the following Monday.

Shift your dates a little if you can.
It would make a lot of difference.
:)

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Busy but not bad as far as I'm concerned

My daughter and I went Thanksgiving 08 the WHOLE week (Saturday to Saturday) - It was busy yes....but not maddening! Only the day we spent at Magic Kingdom and let's be honest here....that is expected! LOL As long as you make your ADR's when you are allowed at the 90 day window, and plan ahead (I use the touring plans website and it's awesome!) and come prepared to be a bit flexible...you'll be good to go!

My daughter and I are actually going back again this year for the whole week surrounding Thanksgiving again...got a great package that includes lodging, the Disney Dining Plan (and I don't mean quick service LOL) AND the tickets for a price that can't be beat....GOD I love that PIN number:king: :sohappy:!!! LOL :wave::ROFLOL::sohappy:

Upvote 0

lbrad

Although crowds are heavy there is alot to see & do:

DH & I went those exact dates last year and we had a wonderful time:sohappy:

DHS - Osbourne Lights
Epcot - Holidays Around the World and Candlelight Processional
MK - MVMCP

Upvote 0

cndrellagrl

I know that Thanksgiving is obviously a very crowded time. Anyone know how the weekend before the holiday is? We are getting there on the Friday before and staying until the sunday after. We were hoping that the first few days wouldn't be as bad and we could get alot more done then.

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

We will be there Nov. 21-Nov. 30. This is our 1st time to go during this time of the yr. we usually go during the week of 4th July, so I can say we are use to the crowds.

Upvote 0

tsingleton4

We went two years ago the week before Thanksgiving. We went Saturday to Saturday. It was wonderful. No crowds. We left before the crowds started to get heavy. Bring some warm clothes though. We went to the Christmas party one night and it was 40 degrees.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

I know that Thanksgiving is obviously a very crowded time. Anyone know how the weekend before the holiday is? We are getting there on the Friday before and staying until the sunday after. We were hoping that the first few days wouldn't be as bad and we could get alot more done then.

We where there last year from the Monday before til the Thursday after Thanksgiving. You should be fine the weekend before and a few days into the week. But by Wednesday its crowded. It use to not be so crowded but I think alot of people know that its not as crowded so more go now, and now with the decorations not being lit til the Fri after Thanksgiving (at least last year not sure about this year) Its a prime time to go rates or cheaper, fewer dvc points and all the holiday decorations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom