Test Track refurb???

Captain Neo

If properly used, that could totally work.

It's theater, it's show. It is all about façades and fake backgrounds, all of WDW.
nixweiss.gif

I'm not sure how long you have been going to Walt Disney World but there was a time when the attraction inside that building had sets, AA's, and theming that rivaled Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship Earth, and Haunted Mansion but now years later when you would think things get better over time instead we get....50s era darkride cardboard cutouts and cheap 80s neon lightning. It's the uncaring attitude, the justifications and defenses of lowering the bar, and the fact that they are no longer willing to strive for excellence that saddens me the most.

The Empress Lilly

I'm not sure how long you have been going to Walt Disney World but there was a time when the attraction inside that building had sets, AA's, and theming that rivaled Pirates of the Caribbean, Spaceship Earth, and Haunted Mansion but now years later when you would think things get better over time instead we get....50s era darkride cardboard cutouts and cheap 80s neon lightning. It's the uncaring attitude, the justifications and defenses of lowering the bar, and the fact that they are no longer willing to strive for excellence that saddens me the most.
I've known WoM from when its paint wasn't dry yet. ;)

But you are right. Maybe I have slowly started to understand that EPCOT is never coming back, and that 'alright' is a positive by current standards. Yes, sad, I know. I am hoping for TT to emerge as an 'alright ride'.
My EPCOT nostalgia and standards are reserved for SSE, the Land, WS and some remains elsewhere.

AEfx

I can't believe there isn't one picture of the inside of this pavilion during construction. I can't believe this is that good that they have tight security around picture taking. The track hasn't changed at all so it isn't like the experience is going to be that drastically different.

Or, for the love of Disney - WHERE IS THE LADDER???!!!!

kap91

I can't believe there isn't one picture of the inside of this pavilion during construction. I can't believe this is that good that they have tight security around picture taking. The track hasn't changed at all so it isn't like the experience is going to be that drastically different.

I've seen a picture from right inside the entrance, but it was still very much under construction. There looks to be a cool looking sweeping / curved trapezoidal wall with a matching archway leading into the next room.

I've also seen one more on the initial hill portion of the track, but there wasn't much to see other than it looks like its more enclosed than it used to be.

Outside of that I don't know anything. I guess when a construction site is entirely indoors it's a lot easier to secure?

disneylover4

So my family and I are going nov 30-dec 5th and I was wondering if you think they will let people have a preview of it before Dec 6? We are really trying to ride it before we leave but I didn't know if that was hard to do or if they even let people do that? Would be awesome as my dad sister brother and I are HUGE FANS of test track:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Interesting! Sounds like the theory that the inside is complete is probably correct!
I would not go that far. They could easily cycle the attraction without a single show piece in place. Quite honestly I would expect them to do just that and make sure that all of the behind the scene mechanics were working before installing the window dressing. I am sure some of it is done, but I would not think all of it is.

Alektronic

I would not go that far. They could easily cycle the attraction without a single show piece in place. Quite honestly I would expect them to do just that and make sure that all of the behind the scene mechanics were working before installing the window dressing. I am sure some of it is done, but I would not think all of it is.

That would be correct. They are just cycling different vehicles to make sure they are working first, they just have about half of them fully operational now, they are still putting others back together.

There really isn't much to install in the ride except black lights and video screens and projectors and that can be worked on from above.

The big work is on the pre-show and post show, 180 computers in the pre-show and computers, games, and models in the post show.

montyz81

That would be correct. They are just cycling different vehicles to make sure they are working first, they just have about half of them fully operational now, they are still putting others back together.

There really isn't much to install in the ride except black lights and video screens and projectors and that can be worked on from above.

The big work is on the pre-show and post show, 180 computers in the pre-show and computers, games, and models in the post show.
Any Audioanimatronics in this ride?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So my family and I are going nov 30-dec 5th and I was wondering if you think they will let people have a preview of it before Dec 6? We are really trying to ride it before we leave but I didn't know if that was hard to do or if they even let people do that? Would be awesome as my dad sister brother and I are HUGE FANS of test track:)

The last that I had heard, the target for soft/test openings was Nov. 21st for the Thanksgiving holidays. That was within the last month. But it is Test Track, so we nor they can ever say anything firmly, it is Test Track after all.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can forsee the day when people will look back at test track and reminisce about the attraction before it was ruined (Imagination..) - here's HOPING they don't repeat that screw up

disneylover4

The last that I had heard, the target for soft/test openings was Nov. 21st for the Thanksgiving holidays. That was within the last month. But it is Test Track, so we nor they can ever say anything firmly, it is Test Track after all.

Yeah we are really wanting to ride it so maybe we could talk to a cast member while down there or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom