Test Track refurb???

ExtinctJenn

I am really starting to second guess myself on this one. If you go to the link you can see that the roof section is up and the old WOM orange wall is still in place. So I believe I am wrong that it wasn't there during the delay.

http://jefflangedvd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TT00021.jpg
Oh yeah that's a great shot and it certainly does make it appear that it was there right away... I mean in that shot WOM is still partially living and it's there! LOL! :D

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Does anyone have the GM promo pic of World of Motion with 1982 era pickup trucks? If you think the 1998 saturn is funny, that was really odd!

jdmdisney99

I just thought of this after watching Communicore Weekly's interview with Chris Wallace from Horizons: Ressurected. Does anyone think that after Test Track that they should make a special place in Future World where you could virtually experience extinct Future World rides? I never experienced Horizons or World of Motion and I would be all for this.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Yesterday. Note, you can tell the general time period of the picture based on the cars here too.
TT outside.JPG

And what happened to the trees outside The Land? I kinda like this new more open entrance to the building. Did I miss this Something-Has-Changed-In-EPCOT memo?
The Land no trees.JPG

Admiral01

Premium Member
I just thought of this after watching Communicore Weekly's interview with Chris Wallace from Horizons: Ressurected. Does anyone think that after Test Track that they should make a special place in Future World where you could virtually experience extinct Future World rides? I never experienced Horizons or World of Motion and I would be all for this.
I have actually thought about that. Seems like a neat idea for Innoventions to have virtual ride-throughs of extinct EPCOT attractions. It would be amusing to see Virtual Horizons with a longer line than Mission:SPACE.

The Empress Lilly

Yay, we're discussing The Land!

I'm a bit torn about the jungle in front. I've never been able to quite make up my mind over it. I both like the sleek, tamed look with controlled plant growth. And the jungle look. Which does not seem unfitting.

I do wish they would put the dome back over the entrance, it looks better than those trees growing through 'a hole in the roof'.

ExtinctJenn

I'm a big fan of decluttering FW. I get why they did what they did in the 90's and early 2000's because it sort of worked... then. The world is back to enjoying open spaces and less clutter though so even little changes like the trees at the Land are a step in the right direction. Now if they could just remove the dang canopy weirdness in the hub in front of the FoN! :D

Admiral01

Premium Member
The canopy looked "pulled-away" from Test Track tonight when I looked over from the other side of Future World. Maybe it was just my vantage point and the fact it was dark. Today was our DHS day and we didn't get to EPCOT until around 5, and I didn't actually walk over to that side of Future World. I will do that tomorrow morning and see if I can see anything else.

Either way, with the ride under refurb with no cars constantly cycling, and what looks like more of the building showing from the side, I had a nice little moment of World of Motion memories. I am looking forward to Test Track and the future of EPCOT. But, its amazing how different EPCOT sounds without Test Track operating. It really takes me back to the days where I LOVED the rides instead of just like the rides.
TT From the Side.JPG

Admiral01

Premium Member
The new TT logo frame (like the concept art from the other day) is taking shape on the scaffolding. I have a picture that I will post later on. Have pictures from the ground and the Monorail (Teal, for what its worth).

Admiral01

Premium Member
Back in a room with my laptop and wifi. The first picture was from the ground. I made a side-by-side so you can see the outline of the TT logo (in black on the right)
TT Frame.JPG

This picture is from Teal as we looped through the keyhole in Future World. Might not be anything new, but I wanted to do my part to contribute.
TT from Monorail.JPG

And, for fun, a picture of the Imagination! pavilion on a very busy Saturday during Food and Wine. Question: What is missing from this picture? Answer: people.
Imag empty.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom