Test Track refurb???

WDITrent

In defense of Test Track 2.0's educational functions: Chevrolet's goal was to focus it more on the design process than the testing process. They wanted to show what factors are taken into account when designing a car and let guests appreciate that side of the industry. It certainly isn't a replication of a part of car-making like the old version was, but it's an abstract (in my opinion, more optimistic, and, forgive me, Epcotty) ride through a part of car-making that otherwise just exists on paper, and here it is illustrated in physical form. I think it's a pretty neat concept.

celluloid

Can someone at least tell me that they have a fan blowing air hidden in the Wind Chamber scene for Aerodynamics? That would be a simple practical effect that would be lame not to include.

Bairstow

In defense of Test Track 2.0's educational functions: Chevrolet's goal was to focus it more on the design process than the testing process. They wanted to show what factors are taken into account when designing a car and let guests appreciate that side of the industry. It certainly isn't a replication of a part of car-making like the old version was, but it's an abstract (in my opinion, more optimistic, and, forgive me, Epcotty) ride through a part of car-making that otherwise just exists on paper, and here it is illustrated in physical form. I think it's a pretty neat concept.

I wonder if they ever considered abandoning the name "Test Track" for this new attraction, seeing as how it's not one.
They might have been stuck with the ride building of the old attraction, but did they have to keep the name?

DznyRktekt

More optimistic...Epcotty is what I really enjoy. The gee whiz idealistic future is refreshing in this time of real world fiscal cliffs, identity theft, computer viruses, texting instead of conversing, etc. It is a "neat concept" and I can't wait to experience it. Even the introduction of icons in the ride that harken back to the unifying theme icons of EPCOT center is great IMO.
The old icons in a way balanced the park. World showcase had each country as a representative with a flag icon that bundled World Showcase as a unit. Future world had an element of futurism for each pavilion that was represented by an original icon, brought together in the original park icon.

Bairstow

No, World of Motion was an educational ride.

Ostensibly, at least.

motionviking.jpg

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Don't know who that is...but I surely know sad when I see it.
You're saying the state of the yeti isn't sad?o_O

The fact that the Yeti is built on its own platform and is a main feature of the entire ride makes this a bigger deal. I think people are forgetting how integral the Yeti is in that ride. To not have it work is a waste of the time and effort that was put into getting it to work in the first place.

td1129

Don't know who that is...but I surely know sad when I see it.
You're saying the state of the yeti isn't sad?o_O

Not at all. Everest with the yeti is, IMO, the single most impressive experience in all of WDW. It's just very annoying that anything something breaks we have three or four people with the inevitable disco or tarp comment. Show some originality.

LorangeJuice

They did a great job at improving TT 1.0. Can't we all just be happy with that?

I agree, but not everyone will. That's just the nature of the beast.

How about this? No matter what you think of the redo or who is responsible for it, can we all agree to give a nice round of applause to GM for being the only opening day sponsor in Future World that stuck around? Heck, are they the only opening day sponsor in all of Epcot to stick around...?!

sweetpee_1993

Not at all. Everest with the yeti is, IMO, the single most impressive experience in all of WDW. It's just very annoying that anything something breaks we have three or four people with the inevitable disco or tarp comment. Show some originality.

In the spirit of originality: Sum of All Test Tracks? You design your own, emphasis seems to be in the educational value of the design process, then you ride it. Similar enough to marry the names?

**DISCLAIMER**
I have NOT actually experienced TT2.0, only Sum of All Thrills. I'm calling myself on this fact before the oober-defensive pouncing begins... ;)

asianway

I agree, but not everyone will. That's just the nature of the beast.

How about this? No matter what you think of the redo or who is responsible for it, can we all agree to give a nice round of applause to GM for being the only opening day sponsor in Future World that stuck around? Heck, are they the only opening day sponsor in all of Epcot to stick around...?!
Well, Coca Cola for one, and there are more tiny sponsors lurking in WS shops & F&B, but GM is it for FW

MerlinTheGoat

I cannot fathom why that would annoy any objective fan. If something is not functioning as it should be (or if something isn't up to par with what should be expected from a company), people should complain. And they shouldn't stop complaining, ceasing that would provide Disney with justification for doing so- that people aren't complaining and therefore don't care that something is broken (so there's no need to fix it). Whether these problems are ever corrected or not, people should never stop complaining about them. It's stupid not to expect the best from a company who themselves once proudly set that exact standard and stood behind it.

When a bratty child refuses to obey their parents in doing a daily chore, should the parents simply stop repeatedly demanding that the child do said chore just because it the kid repeatedly refuses to do it and tells the parents to stop annoying him/her about it? Of course not. Parents need to demand that the child do what he/she is supposed to do, and continue to demand until the kid obeys and learns how to behave. Same goes for fans demanding that Disney properly manage their parks and live up to the standards they set themselves. These repeated comments shouldn't annoy anyone but the Disney company heads themselves. And the reason THEY'RE annoyed is because they know they've done wrong here and would have to put effort into the job they've been neglecting (same as the kid example above).

It's a sad world that we live in where show issues such as Disco Yeti and the Splash Mountain situation are allowed to remain in their broken state for months and years without correction. But it would be an even sadder world if people wouldn't or couldn't express their distaste for them.

sweetpee_1993

Yes, I guess some kudos should be spared for GM for longevity. And for the nice rebate signing up for their mailing list in the post show netted us last year. That was nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom