Test Track refurb???

jdmdisney99

I'm going to be honest here. It's cool, it really is, but I just prefer the original better. This one just feels like a discombobulated mess. The original definitely had its flaws, but I just prefer the gritty testing facility theme. This version just seems so empty, and so... fake.
Shunned...just kidding.

Merlin0402

It's definitely more interesting visually, but something about it just isn't coming together for me. I think it's the completely anticlimactic ending. They, at the very least, need to put the engine revving sound effects back on for the outside portion. As it is now, it just kind of ... ends....

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
It's definitely more interesting visually, but something about it just isn't coming together for me. I think it's the completely anticlimactic ending. They, at the very least, need to put the engine revving sound effects back on for the outside portion. As it is now, it just kind of ... ends....

The outside section could have used some cool enclosed sections with effects and it could use a soundtrack... not just outside but throughout.

TalkingHead

The first half of the ride looks very good and seems like a drastic improvement over the old ride. But everything after the environmental chambers looks empty and too much like the old ride. Almost looks like they ran out of money halfway through.

rct247

The videos capture what the ride is like, but they certainly don't replace the experience. It's easy to watch a video on a computer that looks like you are traveling through a computer, but when you actually board a ride in the real world and travel through a digital sim track, it is quite different. The camera only captures so much that is going on around you and all the details. I'm absolutely shocked to see so many negative comments on the YouTube video. It really baffles me, even for the guy who also like the old Test Track theme as well.

Dom497

After watching the video, I was shocked...in a bad way. The beginning of the ride has no test once so every, I'm pretty sure Disney could have come up with something better for that area. After connecting to onstar, the graphics just seem so random. Next, the part where you used to go off the track still remains but makes no sense why (the lack of narration really plays a role in the understanding of the ride). The enviro chambers are really lacking a lot of things...it's so empty. Then, though I will admit that the laser trees are cool, for first time riders, that test will probably make no sense to them because, again, the lack of narration. Finally as many of you have mentioned, the final test brings you from inside a "computer" to the real world...what?!? I understand why the outside was left alone (probably because GM would have to give up alot more cash) but who knows, maybe some day we will see the outside covered.

Overall, I like some elements from the old Test Track then the new one but A+ to Disney for effort and doing a decent job though things could have been better. Also, as someone mentioned before, it will be interesting to see if any of the animations break down and stay that way.

dreamscometrue

The youtube comments indicate that approximately 75% of the general public want the old one back. One stated that the fact the old one was simple is what made it so much better, and "so Disney." Whats up with that!

It's video on Youtube, which simply can't do this attraction any justice. It has to be experienced, and that includes the pre and post shows.

dreamscometrue

After watching the video, I was shocked...in a bad way. The beginning of the ride has no test once so every, I'm pretty sure Disney could have come up with something better for that area. After connecting to onstar, the graphics just seem so random. Next, the part where you used to go off the track still remains but makes no sense why (the lack of narration really plays a role in the understanding of the ride). The enviro chambers are really lacking a lot of things...it's so empty. Then, though I will admit that the laser trees are cool, for first time riders, that test will probably make no sense to them because, again, the lack of narration. Finally as many of you have mentioned, the final test brings you from inside a "computer" to the real world...what?!? I understand why the outside was left alone (probably because GM would have to give up alot more cash) but who knows, maybe some day we will see the outside covered.

Overall, I like some elements from the old Test Track then the new one but A+ to Disney for effort and doing a decent job though things could have been better. Also, as someone mentioned before, it will be interesting to see if any of the animations break down and stay that way.

Welcome to the boards. Make sure your seat belt is fastened and your tray is in the upright position...it could be a rough ride. ;)

Enchantâmes

I don't get how any of it was random... there is a narration, just listen. The narrator explains everything.

motox7

I think whats happening is that this is kinda going to be an acquired taste per say. The crowd that likes a futuristic atmosphere and stunning visuals will be more opt to favor this new version. But for the crowd that is more into a more realistic experience and use of physical props, they're going to sway more towards the old version. You kinda need to just forget about the old test track because TT 2.0 and TT 1.0 are totally different rides. Its really tough to compare things that are so different. I also think the younger audience is going to like this version better while it might detract from the older crowd.

BryceM

It probably brings you from inside a computer to the real world because you're done with your computer tests/design process and now it's time to actually test your car. Like the interior is all about the tests and designing and the outside portion shows that your car is finished.... Just taking a guess here.

Admiral01

Premium Member
You completely out-geeked me. I salute you.

I do my best :)

I just came from the USS ENTERPRISE (CVN 65) Inactivation Ceremony down at Naval Station Norfolk. After 51 years of service in the US Navy, the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier, and the US Navy's 8th Enterprise is now on her way for defueling and recycling. At the cerenony, SECNAV Mabus announced that CVN 80, the third FORD-Class aircraft carrier which should be commissioned in 2025, will be named ENTERPRISE (the 9th in the US Navy). The crowd went nuts. Everyone. History, tradition, and the name Enterprise. Whether it is Star Trek of Navy nuts, the name Enterprise evokes emotions.

CVN 65 Flyover.JPG

Geek-out done. Back to Test Track.

novawildcat18

My opinion on the (videos of) the ride:

I think it's well-done and it is visually appealing. I also agree that it is more "EPCOT-y" than it used to be. But as of now, I think I prefer the old version. For some reason, it just is so much more interesting. I think the old version makes for a better thrill ride in most areas. I get that they tried to make it into more than just a thrill ride, but I really like the whole theme (even if it didn't fit in with EPCOT). That being said, I hope this is a sign of things to come for the parks and that they put this much detail and "imagination" into future projects.

WDITrent

I'm going to be honest here. It's cool, it really is, but I just prefer the original better. This one just feels like a discombobulated mess. The original definitely had its flaws, but I just prefer the gritty testing facility theme. This version just seems so empty, and so... fake.
I get that. The old definitely felt more realistic. I guess it depends on what appeals to you. I like look of the new version. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom