Test Track refurb???

RSoxNo1

As of the opening bell on the New York Stock Exchange on September 27th, 2012.... General Motors still owes us taxpayers 26 Billion dollars, and the United States Treasury still owns 500 Million shares of GM, about 25% of all GM shares outstanding.

But Treasury can't and won't sell them because GM stock is so depressed (during a stellar year for stocks with the Dow at 13,000+) that if Treasury sold those 500 Million stocks the taxpayers would be hit with a loss of 15 Billion dollars on their oustanding loan to GM. The stock is currently at 23.40 and declining, but it must increase to 53.0 before Treasury can sell its 500 Million shares and break even, much less make a profit. Talk about political suicide, mostly due to the very weak position GM stocks are in with a currently falling market share.

When GM gives the Treasury back the remaining 26 Billion dollars, and when the US Treasury no longer holds stock in GM, then it will finally be free of the Government Motors stigma of a nationalized industry on its knees.

You have to give it to GM, it was a gutsy move to sign on for another big sponsorship deal with Disney and Test Track 2.0. At its most basic level, the money for that rehab and renewed sponsorship deal came from our hard-earned tax dollars. It better be a darn good ride! :cool:
My mistake, I confused this with the Bank Bailout and AIG.

wdwjmp239

To be honest, the canopy is not in the greatest looking condition. There is a lot of mold showing through on the top and if Disney leaves it this way with the rest of the pavilion looking all new and fresh it sure would be an eyesore. So maybe the option of taking it down instead of cleaning or replacing the vinyl roof section would be better all around.

My wife and I were trying to figure out the canopy/scaffolding out as well - maybe to make it look more "industrial?" But, I agree. Take it down. Time to update the outside. But, I can't wait for it to re-open. My wife and I are going without the kids in March for our anniversary. :)

has there been any updates on when test track will open?
last i saw was november 30th we are going november 9-17th and i was hoping
maybe just maybe it would be say the 10th....

WDWBryan

It's amazing how in the beginning they were just cutting out pieces of the concrete and now from a photo I saw all the concrete out front has been removed

invader

Is there even any show space after you reenter the building? I cant remember.
There's a small part about thermal imaging to see if all of the "test subjects" are still in the car, but thats about it. Not a lot of space for something like that.

The MaD Hatter

Hey, maybe they'll run out of time or money,or both, and we'll get a really neat esurance video about the future of cars instead of speeding around the outside track. That would be an awesome finale for a ride! o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom