Test Track refurb???

Alektronic

Is it me or does something different about the car itself, the body style? I cant remember for sure, but I thought the old Test Track versions had a bigger "Trunk" or the seats were positioned closer to the front.

Nope, same exact car just a new paint job/wrap to be able to "glow in the dark".

Bairstow

Is it luminescent paint, or are the cars painted to allow projection onto them by the attraction?
As I understood it, the attractions party piece will be the ability for the cars to change appearance thanks to high-tech tracking projection onto the ride vehicle body panels.

t3techcom18

Nov. 21st is what I've heard from multiple CM sources.

Bingo! And if all goes well, we could be looking at soft openings the week before...IF, again, everything goes well.

They're gunna finish this by the skin of their teeth...

Still largely the same out front.

You missed a BIG detail out front then. I'm really surprised no one has gotten any pics of the new construction outside...being a completely new entrance and all haha...

t3techcom18

Is it luminescent paint, or are the cars painted to allow projection onto them by the attraction?
As I understood it, the attractions party piece will be the ability for the cars to change appearance thanks to high-tech tracking projection onto the ride vehicle body panels.

Alektronic probably has more details/specifics on this, but the way it was explained to me was through blacklight for something in specific and the latter of what you mentioned. Almost sounded like a combo of both.

spacemountain89

Bingo! And if all goes well, we could be looking at soft openings the week before...IF, again, everything goes well.

They're gunna finish this by the skin of their teeth...

You missed a BIG detail out front then. I'm really surprised no one has gotten any pics of the new construction outside...being a completely new entrance and all haha...
haha yes, since they demolished the entrance and have it behind tarps

t3techcom18

haha yes, since they demolished the entrance and have it behind tarps

Not entirely demolished, at least as from what I can see...

The biggest thing is to note is them destroying a big chunk of the wall that was there before that held up the giant mirror. Right there, they are welding a large semi-circular overhang of some kind in that area, that have sides reaching the ground in an interesting angle.

To say that alone changes the industrial garage entrance feel into something modern and sleek is an understatement.

prfctlyximprct

I just hope they have new music in the queue. I remember waiting in line for 2 hours once, because the ride kept stopping due to rain, and having to listen to those weird sounds, over and over again! Can't even explain the sounds, but it makes me cringe to this day!

themonkeyisthesultan

I'm
I just hope they have new music in the queue. I remember waiting in line for 2 hours once, because the ride kept stopping due to rain, and having to listen to those weird sounds, over and over again! Can't even explain the sounds, but it makes me cringe to this day!
hoping for Daft Punk music to go with the Tron-like looks.

spacemountain89

Not entirely demolished, at least as from what I can see...

The biggest thing is to note is them destroying a big chunk of the wall that was there before that held up the giant mirror. Right there, they are welding a large semi-circular overhang of some kind in that area, that have sides reaching the ground in an interesting angle.

To say that alone changes the industrial garage entrance feel into something modern and sleek is an understatement.
ah that is interesting, I'll have to take a better look at it on wednesday

alphac2005

Ha! I have a nine year old that can't get enough of the clinking and clanking of the Test Track queue. He's even asked to hear it at home. :)

montyz81

I hope to be down there in January for work (my once a year 1 week job inside the park) so hopefully I'll be able to take a lunch and or after work ride on TT.

mickeysbrother

Just talked to a cm yesterday and she said the outside construction was already supposed to be finished by the end of September! So she is skeptical that its gonna open on time! She also said they have been doing a lot of work on the interior!

JEANYLASER

Just talked to a cm yesterday and she said the outside construction was already supposed to be finished by the end of November! So she is skeptical that its gonna open on time! She also said they have been doing a lot of work on the interior!
Yeah the new test track they said the end of November not September! Mickeysbrother!

t3techcom18

Just talked to a cm yesterday and she said the outside construction was already supposed to be finished by the end of September! So she is skeptical that its gonna open on time! She also said they have been doing a lot of work on the interior!

There are a lot of the Track CMs that are very skeptical about it, I don't blame them. However, its officially gone into a 24/7 operation for the past week or two, so that should help greatly.

As for the interior, like I said before, walls, walls, walls everywhere...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom