Test Track refurb???

JEANYLASER

yeah alot of Walls in the New Test Track and I hope they will finished in the end of November! So I can ride it in the Dec 2012!

I need to get on and post more often...

Can someone get some pictures of the current state of the exterior? Or is there really not that much to look at yet because of the tarps?

montyz81

So it seems the new paint scheme is an attempt to get people thinking of the Volt. Just my guess but it makes sense. I know this isn't the Volt, but it is what was on the cars when the volt was a concept car.
Chevy-Volt-Cruze-Mule.jpg

07vanquish

So would the 21st of November be the official opening date, or the soft opening date? I'm assuming the grand opening so when would the soft opening begin?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So would the 21st of November be the official opening date, or the soft opening date? I'm assuming the grand opening so when would the soft opening begin?
11/21/12 is the official opening. Soft openings could begin any time before that if they happen at all. Soft openings are never guaranteed.

montyz81

True...but Toyota wasn't using the American people's money during their failure.
I was going to say that, but thought I shouldn't in case it might stir the pot. GM will make money on the Volt eventually. It is a better way to do Hybrid then what Toyota does. I am not a fan of GM at all (in fact I love Nissans). I think Hybrid is just not good enough and full electric is too soon. The Volts configuration really is the right way to go. Everyone should do it that way or figure out Hydrogen powered cars.

IWant2GoNow

I'm not going to lie, I haven't kept up with this thread at all. So I have just one question & I will disappear quicker than Sinbad's late night talk show...

Are there no plans to take out that horrendous looking scaffolding on the exterior of the building?

Thanks in advance.

DisneyCane

You mean the loan that the government gave to GM that turned a profit for the American people?

You do know that the government is still around $30 billion in the hole on the GM "investment"? Forget profit, it will take a major turn around just to break even. Mabye it would be profitable if Apple bought GM from the Government. Then we could have a new iCar every year and people with perfectly good iCars from the year before will buy the new one!

TP2000

You mean the loan that the government gave to GM that turned a profit for the American people?

As of the opening bell on the New York Stock Exchange on September 27th, 2012.... General Motors still owes us taxpayers 26 Billion dollars, and the United States Treasury still owns 500 Million shares of GM, about 25% of all GM shares outstanding.

But Treasury can't and won't sell them because GM stock is so depressed (during a stellar year for stocks with the Dow at 13,000+) that if Treasury sold those 500 Million stocks the taxpayers would be hit with a loss of 15 Billion dollars on their oustanding loan to GM. The stock is currently at 23.40 and declining, but it must increase to 53.0 before Treasury can sell its 500 Million shares and break even, much less make a profit. Talk about political suicide, mostly due to the very weak position GM stocks are in with a currently falling market share.

When GM gives the Treasury back the remaining 26 Billion dollars, and when the US Treasury no longer holds stock in GM, then it will finally be free of the Government Motors stigma of a nationalized industry on its knees.

You have to give it to GM, it was a gutsy move to sign on for another big sponsorship deal with Disney and Test Track 2.0. At its most basic level, the money for that rehab and renewed sponsorship deal came from our hard-earned tax dollars. It better be a darn good ride! :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom