Test Track refurb???

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since Disney took over the sponsorship of the Norway pavilion it has the worst traffic pattern in all of the parks, IMO. Line for Akershus and the bakery practically touch each other, complicated by stroller parking, even more by guests trying to enter the attraction, and worse of all by the forced cattle exit from the ride through the single door out of the shop. The whole entrance area to Norway is one giant clusterf*#@k.
I think this really goes back to the existing design. Everything seems to be centered around a main corridor. This was no big deal when Akershus was a regular, not so popular restaurant and the wonder that is school bread was largely unknown. Now that princess dining has arrived and internet has turned the masses onto the 8 wonder of the world know as the Norway bakery, the weakness of this design is showing. I think the simplest solution would be to relocate the entrance to Akershus to the other side of the building. Of course this is probably much easier to say then to actually do.

raven

I think this really goes back to the existing design. Everything seems to be centered around a main corridor. This was no big deal when Akershus was a regular, not so popular restaurant and the wonder that is school bread was largely unknown. Now that princess dining has arrived and internet has turned the masses onto the 8 wonder of the world know as the Norway bakery, the weakness of this design is showing. I think the simplest solution would be to relocate the entrance to Akershus to the other side of the building. Of course this is probably much easier to say then to actually do.

Actually they are indeed looking into that option. The only problem about it that I can think of is it's proximity to China. Nothing anyone can do about that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Actually they are indeed looking into that option. The only problem about it that I can think of is it's proximity to China. Nothing anyone can do about that.
The room is certainly there, even enough for stroller parking, but the transition between Norway and China would be abrupt to say the least.

nytimez

Could be just an oversight or typo or something... but TT is listed as one of the attractions that will be open for the after-party at the Wine & Dine Half Marathon on Nov. 10:

Disney Wine & Dine Finish Line Party Ticket includes:
  • Early entry into Epcot® at 7:00 p.m.
  • Access to over 25 Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival kiosks
  • Select Epcot® attractions, including Soarin'™, Test Track and Mission: SPACE®
  • $10 Disney Gift Card
  • Character Meet & Greets
  • Musical performances, entertainment and a live DJ
  • Live viewing of the race start and finish

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Could be just an oversight or typo or something... but TT is listed as one of the attractions that will be open for the after-party at the Wine & Dine Half Marathon on Nov. 10:

• $10 Disney Gift Card

I noticed that too, but it also says somewhere else on there that the list of available attractions is subject to change. I'd be shocked if it were open for the after party that night.

Cosmic Commando

• $10 Disney Gift Card

I would assume just a copy and paste from previous years?

Cosmic Commando

I'd say it's a mostly safe assumption. But... y'never know... the timing is almost right, be interesting to see if there's a soft opening for a bunch of drunk runners.
If this was 50's or 60's Disneyland when the company was still very small, then maybe. The company is just so huge; I don't think the people that make these little press releases or the IT people that build the site have any idea what's going on with the Test Track refurb.

montyz81

Has anyone had a chance to go inside the building yet. I would love to know what is going on in there (Don't anyone say,"There is a refurb going on in there")

Kuhio

If this was 50's or 60's Disneyland when the company was still very small, then maybe. The company is just so huge; I don't think the people that make these little press releases or the IT people that build the site have any idea what's going on with the Test Track refurb.

I think that's exactly right -- the people in charge of putting out these types of things (as well as things like attraction descriptions on the official parks website) often have no clue about what's actually going on.

I seem to recall that the description of Space Mountain on WDW's site toward the end of its last refurb period tended to suggest that certain changes were going to be made, when in fact it was just the result of a misinformed/underinformed/confused grunt in the media department.

Why not hire people who actually care and are knowledgeable about all facets of the parks to do these things? I'm sure there are hundreds of regular posters on this forum and other, similar ones that would be happy to vet press releases, website updates, etc. for accuracy, if not write them -- for the same salary that the company is paying someone for whom Disney is nothing more than a job.

Timekeeper

The left white-gloved hand isn't communicating with the right white-gloved hand.

Ironic, given Epcot's emphasis on community and communication.

disneypearl

I am arriving on Jan. 3rd and really hope that I get to experience it this coming trip. I am looking forward to seeing how it has been changed.

RSoxNo1

I think that's exactly right -- the people in charge of putting out these types of things (as well as things like attraction descriptions on the official parks website) often have no clue about what's actually going on.

I seem to recall that the description of Space Mountain on WDW's site toward the end of its last refurb period tended to suggest that certain changes were going to be made, when in fact it was just the result of a misinformed/underinformed/confused grunt in the media department.

Why not hire people who actually care and are knowledgeable about all facets of the parks to do these things? I'm sure there are hundreds of regular posters on this forum and other, similar ones that would be happy to vet press releases, website updates, etc. for accuracy, if not write them -- for the same salary that the company is paying someone for whom Disney is nothing more than a job.
The descriptions on the website aren't particularly good, but at least their's consistency there. The website in it's entirety isn't particularly good.

I will say though that it's getting better. Linking reservations to your ID seems to work a little better now, but I haven't attempted to book dining online for 180+9. That was a problem for me on my upcoming trip with free dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom