Test Track refurb???

montyz81

I don't like the sound of this at all. Test Track is the best ride at Epcot. Sure, give it a big refurb and maybe a little plussing, but one thing WDW does not need is a complete change to the ride. There are other more pressing matters to attend to in WDW before even considering a huge overhaul to Test Track.
True, but unfortunately, some of those other issues do not have sponsors behind them, at least in Epcot.

WDWGoof07

Not really. More the other way round. The EMV started development in the late 80s.

Test Track is more an EMV type drive system - albeit far more rugged - but with a totally different ride system.

Note also that Dinosaur and Indiana Jones use hydraulics for the motion base (which requires some 30 gallons of hydraulic fluid on board) and is an environmental mess when a hose breaks. The more rigid environmental requirements in Japan required them to use a more advanced system in TDL based on linear induction motors.
Thanks for the clarification.

True, but unfortunately, some of those other issues do not have sponsors behind them, at least in Epcot.
That's why I said that this is a downside to having a sponsor. The source of my frustration here is not Disney; it is GM. Disney has to devote creative resources that could have been put to better use elsewhere toward an unnecessary project because of the sponsor.

Alektronic

Note also that Dinosaur and Indiana Jones use hydraulics for the motion base (which requires some 30 gallons of hydraulic fluid on board) and is an environmental mess when a hose breaks. The more rigid environmental requirements in Japan required them to use a more advanced system in TDL based on linear induction motors.

They also use the hydraulics for propulsion, but the TT vehicles just use a large electric motor for propulsion.

WDITrent

Aha! I stand corrected. Pretty similar, though, like how ToT at WDW relies on autonomous-guided vehicles while ours here at the DLR just get pushed back and forth with arms. Similar goal, different ways to go about it.

RSoxNo1

Front line cast members have been told that the refurb is happening during the summer, this would lend credence to the April time frame.

RSoxNo1

Over on MiceChat there's a discussion about World of Motion elements? Is it safe to assume this attraction will undergo a name change?

aladdin2007

Im loving this idea, a nod to past and future, however the word "screens" gives me shudders. ugggg. Stay out of it fitzgerald.

Maybe the rides first part will be in the past and then the latter half more futuristic. The GM people must be missing the original World of Motion feel. This could be great as part dark ride part faster track ride. Theres been discussion about Tron like lighting effects, I could see this in the rides ending or something. Im actually more excited about this than the whole avatar animal kingdom thing.

misterID

Over on MiceChat there's a discussion about World of Motion elements? Is it safe to assume this attraction will undergo a name change?

That's what's been mentioned here by some people. Basically everything other than the ride lay out and vehicles will change. That's the rumor.

Im loving this idea, a nod to past and future, however the word "screens" gives me shudders. ugggg. Stay out of it fitzgerald.

ABSOLUTELY.

HMF

Fitzgerald has his hands tied up over in Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. The person in charge of making or breaking this thing would be Eric Jacobson.

Thrill Seeker

I've heard from several sources the name will remain Test Track. Maybe some kind of subtext will be added? Here's an article that was brought to my attention about the project.

janoimagine

I've heard from several sources the name will remain Test Track. Maybe some kind of subtext will be added? Here's an article that was brought to my attention about the project.

My inside individual has told me they are 95% sure the name is going to change ... back to the World of Motion ... or something along those lines. This hasn't been signed off on by the higher up's yet, but it has been gaining momentum within GM.

aladdin2007

My inside individual has told me they are 95% sure the name is going to change ... back to the World of Motion ... or something along those lines. This hasn't been signed off on by the higher up's yet, but it has been gaining momentum within GM.

I like the idea of something world of motion'esque for a new title. Test track would be a bit bland and shallow if this is going to be a new themed attraction. But from a marketing standpoint I cant see them doing away with the test track name.

epcotWSC

Dear Disney/GM,

Make the outdoor part FASTER. I want to be going like 90 around banked turns. 65 isn't all that exciting.

Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom