Test Track refurb???

NoChesterHester

Over on MiceChat there's a discussion about World of Motion elements? Is it safe to assume this attraction will undergo a name change?

Great news if true. I remember Lassiter saying at the Expo Car's panel that he loves the integration of dark ride that tells a story with thrills. Seems like this concept is getting integrated.

I'm also reallya happy about the push toward new technology with a basis in nostalgia. The older I get the more fondly I remember world of motion. I was a teenager when it closed and I also remember how stale and outdated it felt near the end. If they can recapture some of the history and humor (I remember the original being a bit silly) it could definitely improve the attraction.

TropicalFig8

I really like the idea of combining TT and WOM. I like TT but my friend is a fan of WOM and refuses to go on TT with me. Now,this ride will make it enjoyable for both of us.

Cosmic Commando

Do we think the track was built to withstand the force from a higher speed run? We have at least two examples from recent Disney history of what can happen when you do something the track was not meant to do (Rocket Rods and DL's Space Mountain).

misterID

If they enclosed the outdoor track they wouldn't have to increase the speed, they could make you feel like you were going 100 MPH. I don't know how expensive it would be to do that, but it would be pretty cool.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just getting caught up. This is fairly big news. It has great potential. If TT comes out of this refurb and has a slower moving dark ride portion, I think it has potential to be a really classic ride. I felt like WoM and TT were both good, but not quite classic. A well done fusion could push it over the top.

I wonder if JII or UoE will be next after this is finished.

misterID

If this refurb is as good as its rumored to be, with the name returning to World Of Motion, and THEN they refurb Imagination...

My head just might explode.

WDWGoof07

Just getting caught up. This is fairly big news. It has great potential. If TT comes out of this refurb and has a slower moving dark ride portion, I think it has potential to be a really classic ride. I felt like WoM and TT were both good, but not quite classic. A well done fusion could push it over the top.

I wonder if JII or UoE will be next after this is finished.
That's interesting because I had the opposite reaction. I'm worried that a TT/WOM fusion would make the story too cluttered to do justice to the thrill ride section and the transportation history portion.

I hope you (and others) are right, and it turns out well, though.

HMF

That's interesting because I had the opposite reaction. I'm worried that a TT/WOM fusion would make the story too cluttered to do justice to the thrill ride section and the transportation history portion.

I hope you (and others) are right, and it turns out well, though.

It's about the concept of transportation. It does not need an overly-complicated storyline. The best attractions are "Experiences" not "stories
http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2006/11/myth-of-story.html

raven

Test Track (as it will still be called) will be sponsored by Chevrolet. The entire queue will be gutted and redone as well as several items in the post show. The updated attraction will feature the NGE elements but the track layout will be the same. I have no time frame yet on closure, length of rehab or speculation of an opening.

njDizFan

Well that clears up a lot of conjecture. So Raven, you are basically saying the actually ride element will remain the same?

Cosmic Commando

Test Track (as it will still be called) will be sponsored by Chevrolet. The entire queue will be gutted and redone as well as several items in the post show. The updated attraction will feature the NGE elements but the track layout will be the same. I have no time frame yet on closure, length of rehab or speculation of an opening.
Are you able to compare it to another rehab in terms of ambition and/or budget?

raven

So Raven, you are basically saying the actually ride element will remain the same?

Pretty much the same but with the NGE added. More than likely the narration/video and audio will change.

Are you able to compare it to another rehab in terms of ambition and/or budget?

It will be quite ambitious. No idea about budget but nothing is done for cheap around Disney. Even a simple lightbulb change seems to cost $100 anymore. :lol:

What is NGE?

Next Generation Experience. This project is being rolled out all over the property.

NoChesterHester

Pretty much the same but with the NGE added. More than likely the narration/video and audio will change.

It will be quite ambitious. No idea about budget but nothing is done for cheap around Disney. Even a simple lightbulb change seems to cost $100 anymore. :lol:

Next Generation Experience. This project is being rolled out all over the property.

And that... is that. The name change had me kind of excited. Still hoping for some new show elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom