Test Track Poll - Which version do you prefer?

Which Test Track version do you prefer?

• I prefer Test Track 1.0 after having experienced both

Votes: 51 13.6%
  • I prefer Test Track 1.0 after experiencing 1.0 and seeing 2.0 on video

Votes: 49 13.1%
  • I prefer Test Track 2.0 after experiencing both

Votes: 125 33.3%
  • I prefer Test Track 2.0 after experiencing 1.0 and seeing 2.0 on video

Votes: 150 40.0%

• Total voters
Test Track 2.0 lacks a storyline not to mention the "refurb" was them basically throwing some lights and LCD screens up and calling it a new ride experience. If they truly wanted to move in the "futuristic" direction they should've changed the track up some i.e. the braking area and crash test area is pointless now. I highly prefer test track 1.0 because of the props in the queue and how they educated you on vehicle safety and how there was a story that fully immersed you in the riding making you believe you were the "crash test dummy"

MarkTwain

Picking up on a pattern here - it seems to me that those that really liked the old Test Track (and therefore were more forgiving of its shortcomings) are more prone to dislike the new version, while those who disliked the old version (speaking for myself, because of its ugly visuals and out-of-place fit in Epcot) are more likely to like the new version for how it corrected those flaws. Interesting... it seems not too many people liked both versions.

Genie of the Lamp

^We are dealing with preferences here so that's to be expected. I voted for the last answer choice, but that doesn't mean I hated one or the other. I liked both but times change and eventually attractions are going to need their updates. They way I see it they really are 2 different rides with 2 different names (Original-Test Track, Newer-Tron Track).

TestTrack Dummy

Picking up on a pattern here - it seems to me that those that really liked the old Test Track (and therefore were more forgiving of its shortcomings) are more prone to dislike the new version, while those who disliked the old version (speaking for myself, because of its ugly visuals and out-of-place fit in Epcot) are more likely to like the new version for how it corrected those flaws. Interesting... it seems not too many people liked both versions.
I LOVED the original Epcot but after seeing videos i like 2.0 even more then i did 1.0.

Glasgow

I rode 2.0 on Jan 2nd and I can easily say without reservation that I preferred 1.0. I hate to say it, but to me, 2.0 is, well .. boring. They've removed several show elements and it's as if they're trying to trick people with all of the flashy lights. I understand the need for change, but I just don't think there is much substance. My $0.02.

Figments Friend

-
I hated the original TT with a passion. Really thought it was a complete waste of space, and was just a lame excuse to squeeze a *thrill ride* into EPCOT. It just seemed rather out of place, and a bit corny in some aspects. It felt like a real slapped together effort..a jumble of all sorts. For years i have referred to it as Test Crap...

Amazingly, that has changed. I have done a complete turnaround and now LOVE Test Track. I cannot believe i am saying those words....but i do. I love it now !

I was not expecting much when i heard about the refurb, but was surprised by the concept art. Once i started seeing photos of the finished attraction during CM Previews, i was hooked. In a couple of months i was able to ride it, and strongly felt even after the first go-through it was a big improvement over the previous version.
As others have already stated, it fits much better with the classic EPCOT vibe..and looks to the future. It has interactive elements, and i am the last person on Earth to fall for videoscreen gimmicks...but it really works here in this presentation. The design your own test vehicle it cool...and i like how you can carry your vehicle design over into the Post-Show.

There was nothing about it that rubbed me the wrong way...and that is coming from someone who absolutely hates video monitors in attractions!
Somehow, it all really works here..and gives a fun, interesting presentation.

It is a huge plus for me now when compared to the orignal.

Oh...and i should confess - i am a huge Tron fan, so call me bias...but i dig the nod to The Grid.

I think the one thing that stands out in my mind as being the most appealing aspect of this new version is that it recaptures some of that great EPCOT Center feel of yesteryear. The new overlay fits that theme perfectly and it is nice to see WDI look back to that wonderful period and try to bring some aspects of it into today*s Park-going experience.
They did it without a character overlay too..which is stunning in it*s own respect!
For that fact alone, it earns a big thumbs up from me.

So i vote YAY for TT 2.0
:)

MarkTwain

-
I hated the original TT with a passion. Really thought it was a complete waste of space, and was just a lame excuse to squeeze a *thrill ride* into EPCOT. It just seemed rather out of place, and a bit corny in some aspects. It felt like a real slapped together effort..a jumble of all sorts. For years i have referred to it as Test Crap...

Amazingly, that has changed. I have done a complete turnaround and now LOVE Test Track. I cannot believe i am saying those words....but i do. I love it now !

I was not expecting much when i heard about the refurb, but was surprised by the concept art. Once i started seeing photos of the finished attraction during CM Previews, i was hooked. In a couple of months i was able to ride it, and strongly felt even after the first go-through it was a big improvement over the previous version.
As others have already stated, it fits much better with the classic EPCOT vibe..and looks to the future. It has interactive elements, and i am the last person on Earth to fall for videoscreen gimmicks...but it really works here in this presentation. The design your own test vehicle it cool...and i like how you can carry your vehicle design over into the Post-Show.

There was nothing about it that rubbed me the wrong way...and that is coming from someone who absolutely hates video monitors in attractions!
Somehow, it all really works here..and gives a fun, interesting presentation.

It is a huge plus for me now when compared to the orignal.

Oh...and i should confess - i am a huge Tron fan, so call me bias...but i dig the nod to The Grid.

I think the one thing that stands out in my mind as being the most appealing aspect of this new version is that it recaptures some of that great EPCOT Center feel of yesteryear. The new overlay fits that theme perfectly and it is nice to see WDI look back to that wonderful period and try to bring some aspects of it into today*s Park-going experience.
They did it without a character overlay too..which is stunning in it*s own respect!
For that fact alone, it earns a big thumbs up from me.

So i vote YAY for TT 2.0
:)

This pretty much describes my view perfectly. :)

PhotoDave219

Funny. Every criticism you fanboiz have of WDI - unoriginal, unimaginative, not willing to spend any money, "plussing" of existing rides, etc., -is everything that has happened here. Yet you eat it up nonetheless.

Figments Friend

Where are my robots!?!?!?!!?

That would be the one thing i would have liked to have seen added....some AAs to the new TT somewhere.
Maybe in the Post-Show..that would have been a good spot.

I am thinking along the lines of figures similar to the Timekeeper, or Sarge ( more robotic, with exposed innards). Futuristic and robot-like...not a fleshy AA.

PhotoDave219

That would be the one thing i would have liked to have seen added....some AAs to the new TT somewhere.
Maybe in the Post-Show..that would have been a good spot.

I am thinking along the lines of figures similar to the Timekeeper, or Sarge ( more robotic, with exposed innards). Futuristic and robot-like...not a fleshy AA.

I'm just going to leave my comments with my brother's observation: If they wanted a Tron attraction, why didnt they just build that instead?

My view is that WDI threw up some screens so they can say they "plussed." If it wasn't for Chevy and GM renewing their contract it would've been a Tron attraction.

TT 2.0 lacks a story line WDI took the easy way out and the overall experience has suffered. The track is the same but with the new ride the crash and brake areas are useless. The design your car thing will wear thin on people quick. The queue is awful after you leave the front entrance.

In my opinion WDI failed, you would've sold me on the ride if it had track mods or a full blown Tron theme.

Figments Friend

I'm just going to leave my comments with my brother's observation: If they wanted a Tron attraction, why didnt they just build that instead?
-
That is a very valid question.
It is almost as if they were too shy about going *all out* in the Tron-nification of it.
It would have been even better if they played up that angle even more, but it is only hinted at.

-
That is a very valid question.
It is almost as if they were too shy about going *all out* in the Tron-nification of it.
It would have been even better if they played up that angle even more, but it is only hinted at.

I said this in my comment before but I think if it wasn't for GM and Chevy renewing their contract this would've been a full blown tron attraction. I mean lets face it this is what you would expect a Tron attraction to be like. I think WDI is preparing for a future that doesn't include a corporate sponsorship from GM

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster

Because a Tron theme doesn't sell Chevy cars. The main objective is still to get people to look at Chevy cars and designing their own, getting excited about it.

I think if they DID try to make it full-blown TRON, then many TRON fans would be complaining that it wasn't TRON enough :rolleyes:

Because a Tron theme doesn't sell Chevy cars. The main objective is still to get people to look at Chevy cars and designing their own, getting excited about it.

I think if they DID try to make it full-blown TRON, then many TRON fans would be complaining that it wasn't TRON enough :rolleyes:

Are you trying to say that the only reason TT still exists is to sell cars for GM and Chevy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom