Test Track Poll - Which version do you prefer?

Which Test Track version do you prefer?

• I prefer Test Track 1.0 after having experienced both

Votes: 51 13.6%
  • I prefer Test Track 1.0 after experiencing 1.0 and seeing 2.0 on video

Votes: 49 13.1%
  • I prefer Test Track 2.0 after experiencing both

Votes: 125 33.3%
  • I prefer Test Track 2.0 after experiencing 1.0 and seeing 2.0 on video

Votes: 150 40.0%

• Total voters

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are you trying to say that the only reason TT still exists is to sell cars for GM and Chevy?

Well, look at what happened to Wonders of Live, Horizons, the state of Universe of Energy...so yes, I am saying that, or if GM pulled out and they didn't get a new sponsor, I don't know if Disney would actually spend the money to modify TT.

Well, look at what happened to Wonders of Live, Horizons, the state of Universe of Energy...so yes, I am saying that, or if GM pulled out and they didn't get a new sponsor, I don't know if Disney would actually spend the money to modify TT.
Yea I understand, Once GM and Chevy stop sponsoring TT its more then likely going to go the way of Horizons I think. Frankly I dont know what they are waiting on with UOE that ride is way over due for a major overhaul or knock down. TT and UOE are on borrowed time more so UOE then TT.

PhotoDave219

Don't get offended, fellow Orlandonian. I was just wondering. Many people like to make their own conclusions on attractions before even riding them, which kind of sets me off.

Well, that sets me off as well.

My main point is that all the things everyone is complaining about WDI/Tony Baxter's retirement yet all the points they're making on that contradict everything they're saying about Test Track.

jamesgf

Rode this twice last night with my daughter who had also been on the previous version. I liked it, my DD12 really liked the designing of the cars and competing with me to see who's car would get a better score. She did mention she liked the futuristic take on the ride but missed the hot and cold tests. Her funny quote of the night was "that city is so random, but it looks cool though"

Rasvar

TT 2.0 is one of those few attractions that looked better in the video than in person. I kind of missed the point of 2.0. All eye candy but very little that made much sense. It is especially odd on the transition from Tronland to real world and back. It did remind me of the old Tron Speed tunnels from DLR Peoplemover and the one section on old World of Motion. It is peppier but it just lacks in any cohesive story line for my liking.

MarkTwain

As a person who enjoys studying the history of design... I honestly don't think the similarity between Test Track and Tron was deliberate. The visual of aesthetic of Tron: Legacy is primarily a modernist update to the aesthetics of the original Tron, which were themselves simply reflecting 1980s modernism.

Tron was based largely on the artwork of 1980s futurist Syd Mead. EPCOT Center was based on much of this same artwork. Just Google "Syd Mead" and see the similarities between his artwork and both Tron and EPCOT Center. I think it is far more likely that the new Test Track was designed simply with a modern take on 1980s futurism (which, to me, resulted from WDI's to make the ride more of an "Epcot" attraction), and the result turned out to be visually similar to Tron's own modernist take on 1980s futurism. I don't think there's any hidden conspiracy movie tie-in here.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I just don't feel like it has a soul....It's just kind of....boring.
That's a decent way of putting it. I think a stronger on ride narration would help tremendously. Make it less mechanical and more human and I think it would go along way.

If anyone has listened to the original Countdown to Extinction Narration and compared it to what it has changed to by opening day, that's the type of change that I think could help.

Visually the ride looks great. If the syncing of your vehicle works, that component is cool too. It's close, it's just not there yet.

michmousefan

After riding the new version twice... I *do* prefer V2 to V1. Better aesthetics, better pre show, more to do in post-show. It "fits in" much better with Future World. However, both times I rode there were breakdowns, and they were making the two of us design one car... couldn't design our own. All FP holders were sent through the full design process (I rode it once standby and once with FP). The first time our car didn't show up on the monitors, but it did the second time. So lots of bugs still in the system.

I also wish some sort of design boost could find its way to the exterior portion other than purple paint on the track. Even if it was a series of timed LED-light arches that the car would speed through on the straightaway. That would be great at night.

DancingPhoenix

A very interesting poll, I probably won't be able to ride it until October as he last time I was at Disney was this past September. I've seen the video but that doesn't do much for me, it's so different than being on the ride. The video to me was pretty boring, but that's because the fun of the motion was taken out. I'll probably still like the movement but I do worry about the "story" aspect. I'll just have to wait and see!

It is funny how most opinion threads turn into arguments and heated comments "bashing" certain fan types. And this is totally random, but has anyone come across any hidden Mickey's yet? There were some good ones on the old TT :(

BoarderPhreak

Sorry, I prefer World of Motion. Every time I ride TT I think, "They killed it for... This?!"

TT 2.0 is the same as TT 1.0 with a "Tron makeover." The Design Lab is a huge bottleneck, IMO.

disneydad612

Even though i have to wait til october to ride it, i picked version 2.0 from watching a video of it. I have been on version 1.0 multiple times and it was fun. But doesn't EPCOT stand for experimental prototype community of tomorrow? And for this reason I am picking version 2.0. I like how it has a futuristic look to it. It looks like it belongs at epcot. I just wish they would put some other bodies on the cars to make them match the interior of the ride... Walt would have been proud!

ToTBellHop

FedEx pulled out of Space Mountain and Disney managed to keep that going ...with upgrades. o_O
They would keep Test Track (the park needs it) but probably retheme it to a movie tie-in when the current version needed an update (like The Living Seas). If someone else won't pay for the work in Future World, Disney wants cross-promotion of their own properties for merchandising.

Timekeeper

They would keep Test Track (the park needs it) but probably retheme it to a movie tie-in when the current version needed an update (like The Living Seas). If someone else won't pay for the work in Future World, Disney wants cross-promotion of their own properties for merchandising.

Yeah, it's a shame that Disney doesn't have a popular movie or brand with a theme that revolves around cars... o_O

HMF

Sigh, Please no more movie tie-ins. I am extremely greatful that Test Track managed to stay character free. Keep the Future in Future World please.

jeff59rt

After grabbing a fast pass then jumping in the standby line that stated 40 minutes. We waited over two hours!...we kept looking at the app wait times and it kept growing and growing. There wasn't one shut down when we were waiting just the design center seemed to slow the progress. We waited because I wanted to design the car and it was fun and interesting. But then our cars didn't show up on the ride making the two hours not worth it. By the time we got off our fast passes were good and we were on the ride in less than 5 minutes, but once again the car we picked wasn't working. All and all I hated the new ride makes no sense what so ever. Also the main room sound loop is only like 3 minutes long and is annoying after an hour!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom