Test Track 2012 Refurb.. You heard it here first.

MMFanCipher

OK, since Disney and Cast Members, know that TT is going down in April and
reopening in September, why aren't they letting their customers know? :shrug:

And since both BTMRR and TT will both be down for refurb during our vacation
I just want to state right now, before we even leave, that our vacation is
ruined!!! ;) :lookaroun

Prototype82

From what's been said from our GM insider is that it would have TRON "qualities," but also WOM themes. It wouldn't be a TRON overlay.
Thank goodness. Last thing we need is another franchise meddling with Future World. But TRON visuals? Excellent. WOM themes? Even better.

Rob562

The seatbelt check is around the corner.

ugh!

I remember back before they added that recording. Saw more than one person freak out (and sometimes stand up waving their arms) when the car started moving away from Load screaming "Wait! Stop the ride! I'm not buckled in!!!!"

(Don't think that's entirely stopped even with the recording...) :rolleyes:

-Rob

TheDisneyMagic

As long as they don't get rid of the HELLO between load and the seatbelt check. That gets stuck in my head more than mine, mine, mine!

HELLO! HELLO! HELLO!

I do love that tacked on spiel, does anyone know if is the same women that was added to UoE load? The Welcome to Ellen's dream.... They sound very similar.

The Empress Lilly

Yes, but will it at least have satellite radio like my rental Impala, so I can ignore how much the ride sucks?:xmas:
So TT sucks, eh? Tsk!

Well then, tell me: does you car do 62.5 mph? Well does it? Can it steer and break? Well..can it?

And outside of Test Track's atmosphere testing rooms, do you ever get to experience in Florida what it is like to go from sweltering hot to cold airconditioning?

Yeah, I didn't think so. :mad:

Captain Neo

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry, no Tron, Chevrolet.

1223110523.jpg

Will it be Tron-esque? A few small print elements but that's about it. Lee and I chatted a little last night about this. The ride will stay relatively the same. The queue, preshow and postshow will be the major overhaul. New costumes are coming too.

Test Track will close after the Easter rush and "set" open September 21st. (The small time window should be enough to tell you it's no major reworking of the actual ride.)

:wave:

That is incredibly lame and there is no reason to get excited. I wanted the ride itself to get overhauled with new scenes/better theming.

raven

I am in Orlando 8th to 22nd September. Is it too early to find out a completion date for TT?

Reno hasn't even started yet. There is no "exact" completion date that can be given. Anyone remember the original Test Track planned opening date? That was a laugh. :lol:

katarn112

Why hasn't Disney announced anything officially yet? I would think they'd give people some heads up so they aren't caught off-guard with their favorite ride being closed during the time they booked.

I'm going in May, so if these rumors are true, it'll be closed when I'm there. Bummer.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Reno hasn't even started yet. There is no "exact" completion date that can be given. Anyone remember the original Test Track planned opening date? That was a laugh. :lol:

oh yes...was it ever confirmed whether a car actually did crash during testing, or was that just a bad rumor?

Lee

Adventurer
oh yes...was it ever confirmed whether a car actually did crash during testing, or was that just a bad rumor?
Yep. Car through a wall.

I have a Test Track project team jacket. Proudly says "97" on it. They only missed it by two years.:lol:

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL

Yep. Car through a wall.

You have to admit that would make the ride a helluva lot more exciting than the snoozefest it is now. :snore::wave::xmas:

Rob562

Yep. Car through a wall.

I have a Test Track project team jacket. Proudly says "97" on it. They only missed it by two years.:lol:

The re-entry tunnel after the outside loop, as I seem to recall the story. (Though I also have conflicting info that says that it might not have happened)

-Rob

Dukeblue1227

Aaaaaaa, dude I have a car that will go about 180 mph and it might be able to out accelerate the test track car. As far as the heat thing I live SC and all summer (about 6 months) I go from humid and hot to bone chilling daily. I have to bring a jacket to go out because I think the restaurants over cool their dining rooms and I simply freeze all summer long when I go in these places.

(They were being facetious............)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom