News Temporary Starbucks to open at Epcot

TrainsOfDisney

If you’re at Downtown Disney CA or Disney Springs FL the Starbucks serves the reserve coffees brewed on the clover. Those are excellent coffees by anyone’s standards.

Inside the parks I like Joffreys for coffee but I still enjoy getting the iced teas at Starbucks. A Trenta iced tea is still $4 which is a crazy good deal in a Disney park (even better in California where you get a passholder discount).

dreamfinder

I don't get why people wait in line for this coffee they can get anywhere while they are at Disney World.

All the non Starbucks coffee at WDW is Joffrey's I believe. Even the in room pods are Joffrey's.

If you’re at Downtown Disney CA or Disney Springs FL the Starbucks serves the reserve coffees brewed on the clover. Those are excellent coffees by anyone’s standards.

I'm still bummed that they stopped the Clover roll out in favor of the Nitro taps. I much prefer the reserves than the Nitro.

It's also funny how the people who complain never grasp that Starbucks is popular for their specialty beverages and not their straight hot coffee.

There are reasons why the baristas dread the BOGO days for Frappucinos and Lattes. I'd say maybe 1 in 10 people at the Starbucks near me get hot coffee.

Rteetz

Yeah I am thinking the location will be 1-2 Food and Wine style kiosks near the new bathrooms being constructed.

n2hifi

When they added Starbucks to the parks, I was going to Starbucks every day for a Chai Lattte. That said I really hated that they added them to the parks. I try to think of the parks as an escape from reality. I loved Main Street Bakery and the smells. I'm not really bothered by coffee smell, I make it for my wife most mornings, but I love the smell of fresh baked pastries. Of course we are talking Epcot here which was not famous for 'great' smells in future world so I guess it shouldn't matter. I never went to any of them though when I was in the parks because it annoyed me they were there. To each their own though. I don't wish ill on those that need their Starbucks fix.

ImperfectPixie

No but my problem with Starbucks is the smell, and people running all over carrying it around forcing you to smell it. Imagine if everyone was obsessed with tuna sandwiches and you hate the smell of tuna, and it's wafting all over the park and every where you go it smells like tuna , thats how I feel with all the Starbucks. not to mention the Main Street Bakery becoming a Starbucks was just heartbreaking, the wonderful baked goods smell replaced by nasty coffee smell.

I hear what you are saying about smells that bother you. I actually have severe allergic reactions to the smell of cigarettes and perfumes/cologne. My eyes start to water, my nose plugs up, my throat starts to itch and swell. And my symptoms get worse as I age. I wish people on a regular daily basis did not wear any perfume or cologne and save them for special outings. I am beyond thrilled that the parks are now smoke free. Now the only places that I have to try to run past holding my breath is the entrance area. I actually like the smell of coffee but I can sympathize with others that have "that smell" that makes them sick. I envy people that don't have these issues, they will NEVER understand how it affects your life in a very negative way daily. For me, I struggle with every day, normal things like going to the store because there is usually someone that has to smoke right up the the entrance, or light up the second they walk out of the door.
Interestingly, I love coffee, but when I was pregnant with my second son, the smell of coffee grounds made me feel like I was going to vomit...to the point that I couldn't make a pot of coffee until after he was born.

Jon81uk

It is actually baffling to me why Disney did not create their own brand using the "Theme Perks" logo. There is nothing that Starbucks,Caribou or Joffrey's that is completely original. The Starbucks branding and marketing seems to be the biggest thing they do best. (I personally like their dark roast style, but I get it, not everyone does). With the inception of Disney Springs, they could have built a whole Coffee Roasting facility supplying the Theme Parks nation-wide with roasted coffee... The Machinery for this and the drinks is not patented to a single coffee roaster. It would have cost to start up, but would have been a wonderful, unique to Disney addition... Also, Theme Perks tm Roasted Coffees could have been marketed nationally for retail sale.
It was a cute idea to sell mugs that could have really expanded into their own brand...

Disney have effectively produced their own coffee roast, they just partnered with Joffrey's to do it. The range can be seen here https://joffreys.com/product-category/disney/

Why try to do something yourself badly when you can partner with a company who can create a coffee for you?

Bocabear

they could do it well...It doesn't have to be done badly... But using Joffrey's they don't get the Branding they would get if they did it themselves...\I know the trend now is to town nothing and lease out space... Just feel like it is a missed opportunity to do something unique to the parks... I am happy with Starbucks though.

Jon81uk

they could do it well...It doesn't have to be done badly... But using Joffrey's they don't get the Branding they would get if they did it themselves...\I know the trend now is to town nothing and lease out space... Just feel like it is a missed opportunity to do something unique to the parks... I am happy with Starbucks though.
They have done something unique though. The blend that Joffrey's have produced for Disney cannot be bought anywhere else. Also when you order coffee at a QSR (that is Joffrey's unique Disney blend) it isn't branded as anything other than "coffee" so I don't see what the branding opportunity is.

Starbuck's does well for the same reason Coca-Cola does well, familiarity. Why do you think Disney don't bother offering their own brand cola?

Last edited:

DisneyDreamerxyz

so judging by the pictures, It looks like this is being built where the old restrooms were that they tore down, near the refreshment port and the new restrooms that aren't open yet. Can anyone confirm?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom